3 Replies Latest reply: Aug 21, 2009 10:51 AM by Todd Little-Oracle RSS

Configuring LMS for TSAM

Mark Nelson-Oracle
      Hi,

I am trying to get TSAM working for the first time, using the bankapp sample. Have added the following to my ubbshm:

LMS SRVGRP=BANKB1 SRVID=30 MINDISPATCHTHREADS=1 MAXDISPATCHTHREADS=5 CLOPT="-A -- -l 127.0.0.1:8080/tsam/dataserver"

then ran tmloadcf and tmboot, where I get the following error:

exec LMS -A -- -l 127.0.0.1:8080/tsam/dataserver :
           CMDTUX_CAT:1685: ERROR: Application initialization failure

Can anyone help please?

Thanks,
      Mark
        • 1. Re: Configuring LMS for TSAM
          Todd Little-Oracle
          Hi Mark,

Can you post the relevant lines from your ULOG file? There should be some entries in there that indicate why LMS is failing.

Regards,
          Todd Little
          Oracle Tuxedo Chief Architect
          • 2. Re: Configuring LMS for TSAM
            Hi Todd,
            Even i am trying to get TSAM working for the first time here. I have been able to successfully able to install and deploy TSAM. I am able to logon to the TSAM console. But i believe to hook it up to the Tuxedo application and monitor servers/services/response times for a particular domain, we need to configure LMS server, right? For configuring the LMS what all sections in the UBBCONFIG need to be changed/edited. Or is there a document that clearly lists the basic changes need to be dont to the ubbconfig file? Please advise.

Thanks,
            • 3. Re: Configuring LMS for TSAM
              Todd Little-Oracle
              Hi,

Yes, you should configure the LMS server on each machine in the domain (although technically only a single copy of the LMS is needed for the domain in TSAM 1.1 and TSAM 10gR3). This is covered in the [TSAM deployment|http://download.oracle.com/docs/cd/E13161_01/tsam/docs10gr3/deployment/deploy.html] section of the TSAM documentation.

Regards,
              Todd Little
              Oracle Tuxedo Chief Architect