This discussion is archived
1 2 3 Previous Next 35 Replies Latest reply: Mar 12, 2010 10:11 AM by dprabhu RSS

Communicator could not publish the presence

jingruhu Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
follow the steps below to configuring Oracle Weblogic Communication Servers. Fail on testing installation steps. Could not publish Presence after login via communicator

1) download Oracle Communicator and related services from the following location
http://www.oracle.com/technology/software/products/owlcs/index.html
for communication service core platform
ofm_wlcscp_linux_10.3.1_32_disk1_1of1.bin (English) (605,034,950 bytes) (cksum 882992402)
for Weblogic Communication service Installer
ofm_wlcs_generic_11.1.1.1.0_disk1_1of1.zip (461,070,835 bytes) (cksum 1992516568)
for Communicator client in workstation
ofm_wlcs_client_win_11.1.1.1.0_32_disk1_1of1.exe (English) (10,728,241 bytes) (cksum 1093769546)

2) The documents for configuring weblogic communication servers
http://download.oracle.com/docs/cd/E12839_01/doc.1111/e13808/toc.htm

3)The client installer of Oracle Communicator I use is ofm_wlcs_client_win_11.1.1.1.0_32_disk1_1of1.exe

additional info.

the process to set up communication server are documented in SR 7635025.993
  • 1. Re: Communicator could not publish the presence
    dprabhu Newbie
    Hi jingruhu,

I don't have access to the SR at this time. Could you please provide a quick summary of the problem in this forum? I see you are encountering failure on testing installation steps. I also see that publishing presence is failing after you login, so I'm assuming you are able to successfully login.

- What are your configuration settings (host and port) on the client-side for XDMS? Click on "Preferences" in the Oracle Communicator main window, and then on the Network tab.
    - From the admin console, can you check the status of the various applications deployed in the server (in particular, presence)? Are they all up and running?
    - Please provide any other information that might help in resolving the issue

- The OWLCS support team
  • 2. Re: Communicator could not publish the presence
    313824 Newbie
    Hi Jingru,

I reviewed SR Number 7635025.993 and the original issue, related to connecting JConsole to OWLCS, seems to be resolved. I could not find any info related to your new issue.

Did you provisioned OWLCS users using the SASH tool? Here are the steps to do that (using UNIX syntax but the same works on Windows, too).

1) cd $DOMAIN_HOME/bin (where $DOMAIN_HOME is the absolute path to the OWLCS domain).
    2) ./launch_sash.sh -p 8001 (assuming that the OWLCS managed server listens on port 8001)
    3) When prompted, please enter "weblogic" and the correct password
    4) Run a command similar to this one:
    identity add privateId=test.user1 publicId=sip:test.user1@example.com role="Location Service" realm=example.com password=welcome1
    NOTE: Replace "example.com" with the correct address domain name.

- The OWLCS support team
  • 3. Re: Communicator could not publish the presence
    jingruhu Newbie
    HI... I am able to use SASH to provision three users. The problem is that I could not publish the presence from the client.. Any log files or configuration you need, you probably could get it from the SR7641354.994 and 7635025.993
  • 4. Re: Communicator could not publish the presence
    dprabhu Newbie
    Hi jingruhu,

As requested in my earlier response to your question, please answer the following:

- What are your configuration settings (host and port) on the client-side for XDMS? Click on "Preferences" in the Oracle Communicator main window, and then on the Network tab.
    - From the admin console, can you check the status of the various applications deployed in the server (in particular, presence)? Are they all up and running?

- The OWLCS Support Team
  • 5. Re: Communicator could not publish the presence
    jingruhu Newbie

* Proxy Setting
    uncheck user proxy server
    address is the server name for where I install server abc.abc.gov
    * XDMS settings
    uncheck HTTPS
    host abc.abc.gov port 8001
    * LDAP setings
    remove the one come with installation
    * STUN settings
    uncheck Use STUN

the admin server and managed server (WLCS_SERVER1) are up and running.
    under deployment - all of them are Active, except the following show as installed
    usermessagingdriver-smpp
    usermessagingdriver-voicexml
    usermessagingdriver-xmpp

under security realms - myrealm - I could see those users I created via sash and the provider is SQLAuthenticator
  • 6. Re: Communicator could not publish the presence
    dprabhu Newbie
    Hi jingruhu,

Have you installed OWLCS on a Windows box, and if so, are you running both the server and the client on the same machine? If so, please run your client on another machine and see if you can publish presence, and let me know how it goes.

When you run your client from another box, please make sure to check the "Use a Proxy Server" checkbox in Network Preferences. All other configuration should remain the same.
  • 7. Re: Communicator could not publish the presence
    445461 Newbie
    Hi dprabhu,

It works after I installed the Oracle Communicator in a different machine with the WLCS server. The changed presence can display in other communicator immediately. Thank you very much!

Best Regards,
    Sean

Edited by: selin on 2009-9-9 下午6:33

Edited by: selin on 2009-9-9 下午6:36
  • 8. Re: Communicator could not publish the presence
    631938 Newbie
    Guys ,
    i did installation follow the steps below to configuring Oracle Weblogic Communication Servers. Fail on testing installation steps. Could not publish Presence after login via communicator

1) download Oracle Communicator and related services from the following location
    http://www.oracle.com/technology/software/products/owlcs/index.html
    for communication service core platform
    ofm_wlcscp_linux_10.3.1_32_disk1_1of1.bin (English) (605,034,950 bytes) (cksum 882992402)
    for Weblogic Communication service Installer
    ofm_wlcs_generic_11.1.1.1.0_disk1_1of1.zip (461,070,835 bytes) (cksum 1992516568)
    for Communicator client in workstation
    ofm_wlcs_client_win_11.1.1.1.0_32_disk1_1of1.exe (English) (10,728,241 bytes) (cksum 1093769546)

2) The documents for configuring weblogic communication servers
    http://download.oracle.com/docs/cd/E12839_01/doc.1111/e13808/toc.htm

3)The client installer of Oracle Communicator I use is ofm_wlcs_client_win_11.1.1.1.0_32_disk1_1of1.exe

Everything goes fine with Installation process + User Creation however when i install Oracle communication Server on 3 pcs including OWLCS but it wont connect also it never ask me for account password , when i open preferences and click on Tab PRESENCE it ask me for user_name and password then Oracle Communicator Client crash with Windows Error :
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    COM Exeption , 0x80070057
    Description : CPresenceTab :: OnGetSuccess
    IID : { 000000000000000000000000000}
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------

Network Configuration on Oracle Communication Client :

* Proxy Setting
    uncheck user proxy server
    address is the server name for where I install server abc.abc.gov
    * XDMS settings
    uncheck HTTPS
    host abc.abc.gov port 8001
    * LDAP setings
    remove the one come with installation
    * STUN settings
    uncheck Use STUN

Thanks in Advance
    regards ,
    Ahmad K. Haddad
  • 9. Re: Communicator could not publish the presence
    dprabhu Newbie
    Hi Ahmad,

You've said "Everything goes fine with Installation process + User Creation however when i install Oracle communication Server on 3 pcs including OWLCS but it wont connect also it never ask me for account password.."

If I understand correctly, your installation of OWLCS (core platform + OWLCS services) went fine on Linux (based on the installation file you downloaded) and you were also able to successfully create users - correct?

Are you also trying to install OWLCS (core platform + services) on 3 PCs running Windows? Or are you only installing the client (Oracle Communicator) on Windows and trying to connect to your server which you installed on the Linux box?

Also, you've mentioned that you have "unchecked" the Use Proxy Server checkbox. Please make sure you check it - you need to go through your proxy server.

- Dev
  • 10. Re: Communicator could not publish the presence
    631938 Newbie
    Hi Dev ,
    Installation of OWLCS was on Windows 2003 Server with the following steps :
    1.Install Core Platform ( works fine )
    2.Install OWLCS ( works also fine )
    3.Change the domain setting ( realm to match our systems )
    4.Create user account to test the installation
    then .....
    5.Open OWLC Client - register user i create .( on another machine not on the server )
    6. No connection made and wont be able to see any thing also never ask for password .

by the way we dont have proxy server in the middle .

regards
    Ahmad K. Haddad
  • 11. Re: Communicator could not publish the presence
    dprabhu Newbie
    Hi Ahmad,

It appears that your server installation on Windows 2003 has gone through fine.

When you install the client on another machine, you have to configure it to connect to your server.

In the Preferences dialog box, click on the Network tab.

- Check the box "Use a proxy server"
    - Enter the fully qualified domain name (FQDN) or the IP address of your Windows 2003 server box running OWLCS. The proxy server here is the SIP proxy server which is running within OWLCS
    - Uncheck Use HTTPS for XDMS setting
    - Enter FQDN or hostname of your Windows Server box for XDMS host and enter the port number for the managed server (8001 is default)

Sign out and sign back in.

- Dev
  • 12. Re: Communicator could not publish the presence
    631938 Newbie
    Hi Dev ,
    thanks for your answer it works fine users can log-in , however few things are not working but before that let me explain our setup :

we have webcenter installed on Server(1) and OWLCS installed on Server(2) both are windows 2003
    no LDAP enabled so its weblogic realm security , what we need is to have buddies service work with webcenter so we can complete our full webcenter integration . problems we have :

1.When i create user in Weblogic that host OWLCS it assign SQLAuthenticator as provider , how to deal with this if we implement LDAP

2.Both user can log-in using Oracle Communicator when i try search for second user to add its says user not found ? or it map me to an LDAP server which is not implemented yet .

3.Users can be added manually but when one of users change status or request to add user nothing happen on other side .

4.What is configuration require to integrated with Oracle Webcenter 11g ? , in this part i did the following :
    Connection Name     OCS
    Connection Type     OWLCS
    Active Connection     cheeked
    Server URL     http://our-server:8001
    Domain : our-Domain ( weblogic domain )
    Policy : oracle/wss11_sam1_token_with_message_protection_client_policy ( its on the webcenter documentation )
    Authentication Method      Identity ( i try both nothing work )

also i add additional Parameter as written in Oracle documentation as follow :
    presence.ur : http://our-server:8001
    contacts.url http://our-server:8001
    call.method SIP
    primary.domain our-Domain* ( weblogic domain )

thanks
    regards
    Ahmad K. haddad
  • 13. Re: Communicator could not publish the presence
    dprabhu Newbie
    1.When i create user in Weblogic that host OWLCS it assign SQLAuthenticator as provider , how to deal with this if we implement LDAP

Please take a look at how to integrate with backend OID in the OWLCS Admin Guide. There are step-by-step instructions on how to configure the required authenticators and identity asserters

2.Both user can log-in using Oracle Communicator when i try search for second user to add its says user not found ? or it map me to an LDAP server which is not implemented yet .

That is correct. We don't support searching a user in the OWLCS user repository. We sonly support searching a user in a backend LDAP repository

3.Users can be added manually but when one of users change status or request to add user nothing happen on other side .

- Can you successfully change presence status from one Oracle Communicator instance?
    - Double-check your XDMS host and port settings in both clients
    - Make sure that the aggregation proxy is configured with the right domain (if you had installed with example.com and had changed it later to your domain)
    - Do you see any exceptions in the log file?

4.What is configuration require to integrated with Oracle Webcenter 11g ?

Please take a look at Oracle WebCenter 11g documentation on how to integrate with OWLCS for presence.

- Dev
  • 14. Re: Communicator could not publish the presence
    631938 Newbie
    thanks Dev ,
    i try it but no luck , however i try to reinstall OWLCS on same machine that host Oracle identity management every thing goes fine but when user try login to Oracle Communication client give me error "" Registration Error ( 405 ) ..... and that's come up with few quastions :

1.How to configure Oracle Weblogic Comminucation Server to user LDAP because its not clear in the document ?
    http://download.oracle.com/docs/cd/E12839_01/doc.1111/e13806/securityoverview.htm#CJAJEFHF

2. What is the best scenario to install Oracle Fusion middleware component such as ( Webcenter 11g , SOA 11g , Content Managment and OWLCS ) on same server with single domain and different logical servers without effecting any configuration or should be in separate physical servers . ?

regards
    Ahmad K. Haddad
1 2 3 Previous Next

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points