1 Reply Latest reply: Sep 8, 2009 7:13 AM by jkleinman RSS

Assigning Same Resource to Several Activities

Does anyone know of a way you can assign the same resource, ie: structural steel, to several activities at one time? My schedule has over 100 St.Steel activities and it's arduous to go through each one. Contractor won't allow me to use the fill down technique on resources nor can I add resources with multiple activities selected.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Justin
        • 1. Re: Assigning Same Resource to Several Activities
          jkleinman
          user8648153 wrote:
          Does anyone know of a way you can assign the same resource, ie: structural steel, to several activities at one time? My schedule has over 100 St.Steel activities and it's arduous to go through each one. Contractor won't allow me to use the fill down technique on resources nor can I add resources with multiple activities selected.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Justin
          It has been a while since I've been out of P6 and in Contractor, but you should be able to assign resources to multiple activities at the same time by highlighting all of the activities to be assigned, right clicking on the highlighted activities, and selecting assign, resources, and selecting your steel resource.

You can also add the column for Primary Resource and then fill down.