4 Replies Latest reply on Sep 8, 2009 9:38 PM by 720877

Unique partitioned index

Is it possible to make unique partitioned index over existing partition table?
        • 1. Re: Unique partitioned index
          damorgan
          1. What version (all three decimal places).

2. What are you asking? Please be very clear and provide an example.

3. What kind of partitioning?

4. How does your question relate to the topic of this forum? "Database >> Objects"?

Very little is clear and we would like to help you if we can understand what you are asking.
          • 2. Re: Unique partitioned index
            Version is EE 9.2.0.4 on Linux machine...

I have created structure of Range partitioned table and done import/export data from source table in it.
            then i have tested to see is there any improvements and results wasnt better like in case of source table.
            Then i have convert one index to local partitoned index and when i try to convert unique index to partitioned one i have receive error (i forget ORA error code), in order to get improvements that i have expected from begining of all this work.
            So my question is
            Can i make unique partitioned index over existing partition table in this case?
            Sorry i have put this thread under Objects because it is reference partly on table (my bad:))...
            • 3. Re: Unique partitioned index
              damorgan
              Depends on whether it is the partition key.

If the value can be in any partition it must be global.
              • 4. Re: Unique partitioned index
                So if i had understand you tell me that i cant create local unique partitioned index only global unique partitioned one? Oh yes just to tell i receive message ORA-14039 when i try to create local partitoned unique index....

Edited by: prepek2000 on Sep 8, 2009 11:37 PM