1 2 Previous Next 17 Replies Latest reply: Oct 9, 2012 10:27 AM by 967174 Go to original post RSS
      • 15. Re: Generating a webserivce client with ClientGen
        430809
        hello forum,

        my system: Oracle Workshop for WebLogic (Version: 10.3 Build id: 1137967), jrockit_160_05 , WebLogic Server 10gR3

        i first created a web service project in workshop.

        then, i generated a web service client in workshop using the "File | New | Other | Web Services | ClientGen Web Service Client wizard.

        I pointed the wizard at a wsdl of a web service deployed locally on my development workstation. as expected, the clientgen wizard successfully generated the supporting types classes, the service proxy and port and whatnot.

        as these instructions explain ([Using a Stand-Alone Client JAR File When Invoking Web Services|http://download.oracle.com/docs/cd/E12840_01/wls/docs103/webserv/client.html#wp229351]) i unzipped wseeclient.zip and added all 58 jars (59 - including "ant.jar") to my web service project's classpath.


        I then wrote a standalone pojo client that simply contains a "main()" method that builds up the soap request from the generated types, instantiates a generated service impl, and from that gets a generated port - on which it makes its call to the web service.

        the code compiles successfully.

        the problem is: when i run the web service client - by right clicking it and selecting "Run as Java Application", i get the "NoClassDefFoundError" error below. prior to this issue, i'd considered myself an expert with eclipse-ish, workshop-ish classpath issues, but this new fangled 10gR3 workshop has me flummoxed!

        for what its worth: there is no other component or no other project in the workspace. only the generated web service client artifacts and the standalone java application that uses them. i also tried switching from the jrockit jvm to a sun java 6 (1.6.0_13) jdk with the same result.

        please, help? this problem has me pulling my hair out. any help you can give would be sincerely appreciated.

        =====================================================

        Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: weblogic/j2ee/descriptor/ServiceRefHandlerBean
             at weblogic.wsee.jaxrpc.HandlerRegistryImpl.<init>(HandlerRegistryImpl.java:32)
             at weblogic.wsee.jaxrpc.ServiceImpl.<init>(ServiceImpl.java:88)
             at client.HdsRulebase_Impl.<init>(Unknown Source)
             at client.HdsRulebase_Impl.<init>(Unknown Source)
             at client.WSClientExperiment.testAssess(WSClientExperiment.java:51)
             at client.WSClientExperiment.main(WSClientExperiment.java:114)
        • 16. Re: Generating a webserivce client with ClientGen
          765515
          Hi - I am getting the same error. Did some one find the solution ?

          Exception in thread "Main Thread" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: weblogic/j2ee/descriptor/ServiceRefHandlerBean
               at weblogic.wsee.jaxrpc.HandlerRegistryImpl.<init>(HandlerRegistryImpl.java:32)
               at weblogic.wsee.jaxrpc.ServiceImpl.<init>(ServiceImpl.java:88)

          Edited by: user12961448 on Apr 8, 2010 2:35 PM
          • 17. Re: Generating a webserivce client with ClientGen
            967174
            It was very helpful - could overcome mvn problem:
                      <dependency>
                           <groupId>com.bea.core</groupId>
                           <artifactId>descriptor</artifactId>
                           <version>1.9.0.0</version>
                           <scope>test</scope>
                      </dependency>
                      <dependency>
                           <groupId>com.bea.core.descriptor.wl</groupId>
                           <artifactId>binding_1</artifactId>
                           <version>1.3.2.0</version>
                           <scope>test</scope>
                      </dependency>
                      <dependency>
                           <groupId>com.bea.core.descriptor</groupId>
                           <artifactId>wl</artifactId>
                           <version>1.3.2.0</version>
                           <scope>test</scope>
                      </dependency>
                      <dependency>
                           <groupId>com.bea.core.xml.staxb</groupId>
                           <artifactId>buildtime</artifactId>
                           <version>1.4.1.0</version>
                           <scope>test</scope>
                      </dependency>
            1 2 Previous Next