This discussion is archived
1 2 Previous Next 17 Replies Latest reply: Oct 9, 2012 8:27 AM by 967174 Go to original post RSS
  • 15. Re: Generating a webserivce client with ClientGen
    430809 Newbie
    Currently Being Moderated
    hello forum,

my system: Oracle Workshop for WebLogic (Version: 10.3 Build id: 1137967), jrockit_160_05 , WebLogic Server 10gR3

i first created a web service project in workshop.

then, i generated a web service client in workshop using the "File | New | Other | Web Services | ClientGen Web Service Client wizard.

I pointed the wizard at a wsdl of a web service deployed locally on my development workstation. as expected, the clientgen wizard successfully generated the supporting types classes, the service proxy and port and whatnot.

as these instructions explain ([Using a Stand-Alone Client JAR File When Invoking Web Services|http://download.oracle.com/docs/cd/E12840_01/wls/docs103/webserv/client.html#wp229351]) i unzipped wseeclient.zip and added all 58 jars (59 - including "ant.jar") to my web service project's classpath.

I then wrote a standalone pojo client that simply contains a "main()" method that builds up the soap request from the generated types, instantiates a generated service impl, and from that gets a generated port - on which it makes its call to the web service.

the code compiles successfully.

the problem is: when i run the web service client - by right clicking it and selecting "Run as Java Application", i get the "NoClassDefFoundError" error below. prior to this issue, i'd considered myself an expert with eclipse-ish, workshop-ish classpath issues, but this new fangled 10gR3 workshop has me flummoxed!

for what its worth: there is no other component or no other project in the workspace. only the generated web service client artifacts and the standalone java application that uses them. i also tried switching from the jrockit jvm to a sun java 6 (1.6.0_13) jdk with the same result.

please, help? this problem has me pulling my hair out. any help you can give would be sincerely appreciated.

=====================================================

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: weblogic/j2ee/descriptor/ServiceRefHandlerBean
         at weblogic.wsee.jaxrpc.HandlerRegistryImpl.<init>(HandlerRegistryImpl.java:32)
         at weblogic.wsee.jaxrpc.ServiceImpl.<init>(ServiceImpl.java:88)
         at client.HdsRulebase_Impl.<init>(Unknown Source)
         at client.HdsRulebase_Impl.<init>(Unknown Source)
         at client.WSClientExperiment.testAssess(WSClientExperiment.java:51)
         at client.WSClientExperiment.main(WSClientExperiment.java:114)
  • 16. Re: Generating a webserivce client with ClientGen
    765515 Newbie
    Hi - I am getting the same error. Did some one find the solution ?

Exception in thread "Main Thread" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: weblogic/j2ee/descriptor/ServiceRefHandlerBean
         at weblogic.wsee.jaxrpc.HandlerRegistryImpl.<init>(HandlerRegistryImpl.java:32)
         at weblogic.wsee.jaxrpc.ServiceImpl.<init>(ServiceImpl.java:88)

Edited by: user12961448 on Apr 8, 2010 2:35 PM
  • 17. Re: Generating a webserivce client with ClientGen
    967174 Newbie
    It was very helpful - could overcome mvn problem:
              <dependency>
                   <groupId>com.bea.core</groupId>
                   <artifactId>descriptor</artifactId>
                   <version>1.9.0.0</version>
                   <scope>test</scope>
              </dependency>
              <dependency>