5 Replies Latest reply: Jun 20, 2013 8:21 AM by Yacouba RSS

How to find who assigned a responsibility

Hi all,

Two questions I hope you can help me with...

1) How can I find out who is granting a user a particular responsibility ?

I have removed a responsibility several times, but someone keeps granting it back.

2) How can I find out when a user last logged into forms or self service ?

Thanks
        • 1. Re: How to find who assigned a responsibility
          1) How can I find out who is granting a user a particular responsibility ?
          I have removed a responsibility several times, but someone keeps granting it back.
          Hi,

Check the following columns in the FND_USER_RESP_GROUPS_DIRECT table

USER_ID ===> to whome, you assigned the responsbility
          CREATED_BY ===> who has assigned you the responsibility
          LAST_UPDATED_BY ===> who has updated your responsibility ( I mean, end dated or removed the end date)

find out the value in CREATED_BY/LAST_UPDATED_BY values in FND_USER_RESP_GROUPS_DIRECT table and match it with USER_ID of FND_USER table and you can find out the person, who has modified
          (a) If auditing is enabled(when the Sign-On:Audit Level profile option is set at FORM level) in your 11i/R12 system, you can run the below report to find out, when a user logged in to the forms

Signon Audit Forms

(b) If you want to find to out ,when a user logged into self service application, sorry I have no idea about how to find out this......
          • 2. Re: How to find who assigned a responsibility
            S.PDASH
            Hi,
            your question 1) How can I find out who is granting a user a particular responsibility ?

Ans --> How to check it from front end
            Go to System Administrator Resp --> Security --> User --> Define --> Query on user

Now Click on Line of this User form.. Go to desired Responsibilty in this line which is added to this user (which is not suppose to be assigned to him).. Go to Help --> Go to Record History..... A small window will pop up where you will find created by, Creation_date, Updated by, Update Etc...

Notedown the user id which is apperaing in the Updated By.... again query this Updated by User in user form and find him who is he/she :) It's easy rt??

Hope this will help..

Regards,
            S.P DASH
            • 3. Re: How to find who assigned a responsibility
              >
              Notedown the user id which is apperaing in the Updated By.... again query this Updated by User in user form and find him who is he/she :) It's easy rt??

Hope this will help..
              Brilliant ! - thanks S.P.DASH !! I love learning new things like this!

By the way, in R12, it shows the username not the user_id last updated by, so it is really easy!

Thanks again.
              • 4. Re: How to find who assigned a responsibility
                oraDBA2 wrote:
                Hi,

Check the following columns in the FND_USER_RESP_GROUPS_DIRECT table

USER_ID ===> to whome, you assigned the responsbility
                CREATED_BY ===> who has assigned you the responsibility
                LAST_UPDATED_BY ===> who has updated your responsibility ( I mean, end dated or removed the end date)

find out the value in CREATED_BY/LAST_UPDATED_BY values in FND_USER_RESP_GROUPS_DIRECT table and match it with USER_ID of FND_USER table and you can find out the person, who has modified
                (a) If auditing is enabled(when the Sign-On:Audit Level profile option is set at FORM level) in your 11i/R12 system, you can run the below report to find out, when a user logged in to the forms

Signon Audit Forms

(b) If you want to find to out ,when a user logged into self service application, sorry I have no idea about how to find out this......
                OraDBA2 - thank you very much. This has been a great help, and I learn a little bit more thanks to you.
                • 5. Re: How to find who assigned a responsibility
                  Yacouba

It's very helpful so... Thanks a lot