5 Replies Latest reply: May 12, 2011 1:55 AM by 722761 RSS

oim: how to delete open provisioning tasks

Hi,

How would I remove open provisioning tasks ? These tasks are all in a Pending state (presumably having encountered an error), but in any case I just want to be rid of them.

I ran the Scheduled Task called 'Remove Open Tasks' but it did not remove them.

thanks.
        • 1. Re: oim: how to delete open provisioning tasks
          Run this query --> delete * from OTI;

This will delete all open provisioning tasks. The scheduled task also runs this query but i dont know why it does not work. I have run this query in the past and it works just fine. Take a backup of DB before running this just in case.
          • 2. Re: oim: how to delete open provisioning tasks
            Kevin Pinsky
            You have a couple options. As long as they aren't "System Validation" tasks you can do the following:

Using a query, grab all the task instance keys. Then either:

1. Use the setTasksCompletedManually API and complete them
            2. Use the updateTask API and set their status to whatever you want

-Kevin
            • 3. Re: oim: how to delete open provisioning tasks
              Hi, thanks for the replies.

These are in fact "System Validation" tasks. I can see them in the OTI table.

One can see that there are constraints and so on linking OTI to other tables....so I wonder if just deleting from OTI will catch all the trailing references and so on.

What would be the typical way to close out these open "System Validation" tasks ?

I guess the fact that xelsysadm sees these items in the Resource Profile of a user in the GUI might be acceptable. But when the end user himself logs in he also sees these pending tasks....which will probably confuse him. I guess there might be a way to just show an end user his resources that are in 'Provisioned' or maybe 'Revoked' state.

thanks.
              • 4. Re: oim: how to delete open provisioning tasks
                Kevin Pinsky
                System Validation means the initial creation of the form never saved. You need to supply all the values on the form. I would not suggest deleting the entries in the OTI table because this table references the existing SCH entries for each task.

You need to figure out a way to complete the tasks. Whether it's you modify your provisioning process to auto complete temporarily and then revoke appropriately. But don't try to go around a real way of resolving the open tasks.

-Kevin
                • 5. Re: oim: how to delete open provisioning tasks
                  Hi Experts,

1. Use the setTasksCompletedManually API and complete them
                  2. Use the updateTask API and set their status to whatever you want

how to find what Query will be executed if we run above two Methods?
                  Any SQL Query with which we can directly remove open tasks assigned to patricular user.