Pavan Kumar wrote:I don't see where you allowed for the 'cross-platform' issues -- the 'endian-ness' of the files themselves.
Follow the steps :-
- Connect to the target database using rman and backup the database - Source Node/ System
- copy following files to the Destination node ( backup pieces , control file backup and parameter file)
- Perform the modificaiton on destionation node to parameter file - PFILE
- Onace the pfile is ready, set the environment parameter and connect to rman
- connect to target - start up the db no mount mode
- now restore the controlfile from the backup on destination node (which copied from source db )
restore controlfile from '/backup/file name';
once the restore is complete - mount the db.
- now - main step is backup prices which you copied from the source db to destinaton db - catlog them
catalog the backup pieces.
- Now, you need to recover the db - find he sequence number
list backup of archivelog all;
- Rename the Redologfiles
user - alter database rename file
- Now final step is you need to recover the db - tp to the last seqeunce number
execute the series of statements
set until sequence 3434; -- sequence which you go previous.
set newname for datafile 1 to '/node2/database/prod/sys01.dbf'; -- data file paths modified
... ... -- change the data file names
switch datafile all;
alter database open resetlogs;
- Pavan Kumar N