4 Replies Latest reply: Oct 12, 2009 4:45 PM by 690207 RSS

Unable to run IR reports from EPM Workspace

Hi,

I'm trying to process IR reports from the EPM workspace (v 11.1.1.3) but am unable to. I get a different error each time I click the process button, usually in the below sequence:

Server Error [1012]: Unknown error processing data access request.
      Server Error [2009]: Exception in processMessage: com.brio.one.services.das.proxy.DasCommException:
      Server Error [2018]: “Failed to acquire Data Access Service with data sources that match the specified OCE”;
      Server Error [1003]: Failed to acquire access to database. SQL*Net not loaded successfully.

A DSN (DWPRD) has been created on the server.
      I have an OCE (DWPRD) in the workspace that the IR reports are using which uses the DSN - DWPRD.
      I have created an entry in the DAS with the hostname as DWPRD and restarted the DAS service.

Please let me know if I am missing something here or how I can find out what exactly the problem is.

Thanks,
      Shashi
        • 1. Re: Unable to run IR reports from EPM Workspace
          Did you resolve the issue ?

Server Error 2018: “Failed to acquire Data Access Service with data sources that match the specified OCE”;
          1. Make sure you services are up
          2. add data source name to DAS service , which is kind of LSC in old systems. In EPM 11 you can find it in Admin tab of workspace.

Server Error 1003: Failed to acquire access to database. SQL*Net not loaded successfully.

This is related to oracle PATH setup, setup your oracle path.
          • 2. Re: Unable to run IR reports from EPM Workspace
            Shashi Makam
            Hi,

Thanks for your reply. The issue was resolved by creating a new OCE. Looks like there was something wrong with the Brio 6.2 OCE that was migrated to EPM using the migration tool.

Thanks,
            Shashi
            • 3. Re: Unable to run IR reports from EPM Workspace
              WVanSluys
              That is because the Migration Path for version 6 products is to migrate to 6.6.4.5 first then from there to 9.x or 11.x
              • 4. Re: Unable to run IR reports from EPM Workspace
                Hi Shashi,

We battled the exact same problem for a number of weeks which turned out to be a new bug in 11.1.1.3. The bug ID is 8990716.

Basically the DAS service can not see your Oracle client, in our case it was because the path was being overwritten in the set_common_env.sh script. Thankfully the workaround is simple and painless to apply.

Here are the details:

Abstract: SET_COMMON_ENV.SH OVERRIDES LIBRARY PATH CAUSING BQY DOC TO FAIL TO CONNECT

set_common_env.sh script overrides LD_LIBRARY_PATH causing bqy document and
                jobs to fail to connect to datasource as it removes the db client libraries
                from the path. DAS throws "Server Error [1003] Failed to aquire access to
                database Error Message: SQL Net not loaded successfully" followed by "Server
                Error [2009]: Internal error detected in Data Access Service". Below are the
                commands from set_common_env.sh script which cause this issue.

+# ---------------------------------------------------------------+
                +# Set Library path for+
                +# ---------------------------------------------------------------+

+SAP_NATIVELIB_PATH="${HYPERION_HOME}/common/SAP/bin"+
                +case "${OS}" in+
                +AIX ) LIBPATH="${SAP_NATIVELIB_PATH}"+
                +export LIBPATH+
                +;;+
                +HP-UX ) SHLIB_PATH="${SAP_NATIVELIB_PATH}"+
                +export SHLIB_PATH+
                +;;+
                +* ) LD_LIBRARY_PATH="${SAP_NATIVELIB_PATH}"+
                +export LD_LIBRARY_PATH+
                +;;+
                +esac+

+=======================================+

+Workaround is to change the desired Library path variable as per respective+
                +OS. E.g.+

+LD_LIBRARY_PATH="${SAP_NATIVELIB_PATH}"+

+Changed to+

+LD_LIBRARY_PATH="${SAP_NATIVELIB_PATH}:${LD_LIBRARY_PATH}"+

Hope that helps as know how frustrating this error is!
                James