This discussion is archived
1 2 3 Previous Next 36 Replies Latest reply: Oct 11, 2010 3:10 AM by 804446 Go to original post RSS
  • 30. Re: SQL Developer: "network adapter could not establish the connection"
    663429 Newbie
    Currently Being Moderated
    Here is what i had done to solve this issue.

No need to install the microsoft loopback adapter

Go to <drive name>:\app\username(name)\product\11.1.0\db_1\NETWORK\ADMIN

modify the files tnsnames.ora and listener.ora

tnsnames.ora

ORCL =
    (DESCRIPTION =
    (ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = TCP)(HOST = 192.168.2.13<my dhcp address>)(PORT = 1521))
    (CONNECT_DATA =
    (SERVER = DEDICATED)
    (SERVICE_NAME = orcl)
    )
    )

listener.ora

LISTENER =
    (DESCRIPTION_LIST =
    (DESCRIPTION =
    (ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = IPC)(KEY = EXTPROC1521))
    (ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = TCP)(HOST = 192.168.2.13<my dhcp address>)(PORT = 1521))
    )
    )

**start the tns service from control panel

from command prompt execute the cmd tnsping orcl<your database name>

Used TNSNAMES adapter to resolve the alias
    Attempting to contact (DESCRIPTION = (ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = TCP)(HOST = 192.168.
    2.13)(PORT = 1521)) (CONNECT_DATA = (SERVER = SHARED) (SERVICE_NAME = orcl)))
    OK (240 msec)

if everything is wright you should get the result above.

then start the sql developer use TNS and select the alias and connect.

Best of luck. post your questions here
  • 31. Re: SQL Developer: "network adapter could not establish the connection"
    728196 Newbie
    Hello,

I am running into the same problem. the SQL*Plus works, but the SQL Developer doesn't on Oracle 11 running on a Windows 2003 server. I changed the tnsnames.ora and listener.ora files but when I try to start the tns service in Control Panel (it is listed as OracleHome1TNSListener), it starts and then stops immediately.

When I run a ping with "snsping orcl" I get:

C:\app\Administrator\OraHome_1\NETWORK\ADMIN>tnsping orcl

TNS Ping Utility for 32-bit Windows: Version 11.1.0.6.0 - Production on 15-OCT-2
    009 10:55:22

Copyright (c) 1997, 2007, Oracle. All rights reserved.

Used parameter files:
    C:\app\Administrator\OraHome_1\network\admin\sqlnet.ora

Used TNSNAMES adapter to resolve the alias
    Attempting to contact (DESCRIPTION =
    TNS-12533: TNS:illegal ADDRESS parameters

Any ideas are welcome.

Thank you,

Mike
  • 32. Re: SQL Developer: "network adapter could not establish the connection"
    651943 Newbie
    I've got more or less the same problem.

I've suse 11.1, with oracle 11g, and oracle sql developer. Listener ok, em ok, dabatase up and mounted, but oracle sql developer shows that exception when I try to add a connetion.
  • 33. Re: SQL Developer: "network adapter could not establish the connection"
    651943 Newbie
    Mmm, my tnsping shows this:

linux-1z4q:/home/oracle/app/oracle/product/11.1.0/db_1/bin # ./tnsping localhost
    TNS Ping Utility for Linux: Version 11.1.0.6.0 - Production on 17-OCT-2009 14:37:45

Message 3511 not found; No message file for product=network, facility=TNSMessage 3512 not found; No message file for product=network, facility=TNSAttempting to contact (DESCRIPTION=(CONNECT_DATA=(SERVICE_NAME=))(ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=TCP)(HOST=127.0.0.1)(PORT=1521))(ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=TCP)(HOST=127.0.0.1)(PORT=1521))(ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=TCP)(HOST=127.0.0.1)(PORT=1521)))
    TNS-12541: Message 12541 not found; No message file for product=network, facility=TNS
  • 34. Re: SQL Developer: "network adapter could not establish the connection"
    651943 Newbie
    Ooooooooooo shitttttttttttttttt!!!!!!!!!1 The right port 1522, not 1521. That's all....

# tnsnames.ora Network Configuration File: /home/oracle/app/oracle/product/11.1.0/db_1/network/admin/tnsnames.ora
    # Generated by Oracle configuration tools.

LISTENER_ORCL =
    (ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = TCP)(HOST = linux-1z4q.site)(PORT = 1522))

ORCL =
    (DESCRIPTION =
    (ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = TCP)(HOST = linux-1z4q.site)(PORT = 1522))
    (CONNECT_DATA =
    (SERVER = DEDICATED)
    (SERVICE_NAME = orcl)
    )
    )

But what about tnsping localhost???

linux-1z4q:/home/oracle/app/oracle/product/11.1.0/db_1/bin # ./tnsping localhost
    TNS Ping Utility for Linux: Version 11.1.0.6.0 - Production on 17-OCT-2009 14:37:45

Message 3511 not found; No message file for product=network, facility=TNSMessage 3512 not found; No message file for product=network, facility=TNSAttempting to contact (DESCRIPTION=(CONNECT_DATA=(SERVICE_NAME=))(ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=TCP)(HOST=127.0.0.1)(PORT=1521))(ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=TCP)(HOST=127.0.0.1)(PORT=1521))(ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=TCP)(HOST=127.0.0.1)(PORT=1521)))
    TNS-12541: Message 12541 not found; No message file for product=network, facility=TNS
  • 35. Re: SQL Developer: "network adapter could not establish the connection"
    799992 Newbie
    I had the same problem. I referred to the Help Center documentation in SQL Developer about Create/Edit/Select Database Connection

Solution:*
    For Connection Name, include the database name and user name in the connection name.
    Example: EDWSTG_ETL_ROBERT_TEST for connecting to EDWSTG_ETL database as user ROBERT_TEST.

This worked for me. But I don't like Oracle SQL Developer for this. Toad does not ask for 'Connection Name'. The connection name is not stored in the database, and the connection is not a database object. It is just an alias name for the connection that we are creating to store at the client side so we don't have to enter the connection details everytime. We should be able to give any name. Strangely, only when I follow the suggestion given in the Help Center documentation, it worked.
  • 36. Re: SQL Developer: "network adapter could not establish the connection"
    804446 Newbie
    Hi,

My system got installed with Oracle. I am unable to connect to the local database after the system is changed from one location to another location in the network. Can you tell me the reason? I changed the localhost names in tnsnames.ora, sqlnet.ora and alll. But still i am not successful

Regards
    Manoj
1 2 3 Previous Next