3 Replies Latest reply: Oct 27, 2009 6:38 AM by 721003 RSS

TSAM cross-domain request tracking

I have 2 domains, both with LMS posting to the same TSAM manager. A client in DomainA calls a service in DomainB. When I view the Call Path Tree in TSAM Console, I see:

Transport Detail
      No.↑     From     To     Start Time     Elapse Time     Description
      1     domA:cliffordcocks:43962 SITE1 simpcl 1625     domA:cliffordcocks:43962 SITE1 DMGWTGRP GWTDOMAIN 31 32630     09/10/26 16:23:24:130     0.000     IPC Queue Transportation(Request)
      2     domA:cliffordcocks:43962 SITE1 DMGWTGRP GWTDOMAIN 31 32630     domA:cliffordcocks:43962 SITE1 simpcl 1625     09/10/26 16:23:24:133     0.007     IPC Queue Transportation(Reply)

I was however expecting that Call Path Tracing would propagate across the GWTDOMAIN. Both domains are booted with TMMONITOR=app,svc,sys,tran:: propagated from the environment of tmboot. TMMONITOR=app,svc,sys,tran:: is also in the environment of the client. Do I need to do more to get Call Path tracing propagated across the domain gateway?

• 1. Re: TSAM cross-domain request tracking

Which version of TSAM and Tuxedo version are you using? For call path tracking, you just need to set it at the client process with correct TMMONITOR env variable and the tracking will be auto-propagated to remote domain. And also please check at TSAM console, do you can see both of the domains in Tuxedo configuration?

• 2. Re: TSAM cross-domain request tracking
            Hi Wayne,

Tuxedo & TSAM are both 10gR3.
            As you will see in the original post, the client is running with TMMONITOR=app,svc,sys,tran:: as indeed are all the servers.
            Yes, both domains are visible from TSAM->Administration->Tuxedo Configuration.
            TSAM->Service->Service Monitoring correctly graphs TOUPPER activity in both domains.

• 3. Re: TSAM cross-domain request tracking
              OK, now I realise that I hadn't clicked on enough links. The Call Path query result showed me transport details for the first hop only. I needed to click on the next path component and voilà, there's the transport details for the remote domain.