This discussion is archived
1 3 4 5 6 7 Previous Next 93 Replies Latest reply: Oct 27, 2009 10:09 AM by BillyVerreynne Go to original post RSS
  • 90. Re: Finding appropriate block size?
    Hoek Guru
    Currently Being Moderated
    :D

Yup, the reverse is true ;)
  • 91. Re: Finding appropriate block size?
    BillyVerreynne Oracle ACE
    burleson wrote:
    There were no abusive remarks aimed at you.
    Wrong. He called my work "disgraceful".
    Lemme see. Jonathan said,
    >
    The failure to correct the errors in the first book is unfortunate, the failure to do so in the second is disgraceful.
    >

Hmm.. I would say that he called the action (or more precisely the failure of action), disgraceful. Incorrect to construe that as a personal attack.
    Beside, what's a book review doing, plopped into the middle of a discussion oin another topic?
    Exactly my point. Why are we discussing what we are here, when it has absolutely nothing to do with the tread's topic and subject matter?

It takes two to wander off-topic. One to initiate and the second to follow up. There's a choice not to respond at all... In which case the off-topic posting will die a quick death due to being ignored.
    Is this you Jonathan, under yet another alias?
    Pot calling the kettle black? :-)

If you bothered clicking on the userhandle, you would see who it is...

As to why OTN does this - "forgets" a user handle and reverts back to the original one? Happens on occasion and after OTN outage (which occurred about 4 or more hours ago).

Usually rectified within 12 or so hours on the OTN back-end. And no effort on my part (including editing my personal OTN details and updating the userhandle) will fix it.
  • 92. Re: Finding appropriate block size?
    706417 Explorer
    +"It takes two to wander off-topic"+

And one of them is often you.
  • 93. Re: Finding appropriate block size?
    BillyVerreynne Oracle ACE
    Don Lewis wrote:
    +"It takes two to wander off-topic"+

And one of them is often you.
    Yeah..

BTW, welcome to ranks (seeing that you also chose to respond). :-)
1 3 4 5 6 7 Previous Next

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points