4 Replies Latest reply: Jan 7, 2010 5:57 AM by Tim Penn RSS

Forms 6i connecting against 11gR2

Hello,

exist a PatchSet to connect Forms 6i agains 11gR2? We wouldn't like to migrate to Forms 10g or 11g, because we need a rich Client and no Client-Sever architecture.

In all my attempts to connect the Formsbuilder 6i, the formsbuilder crashed.

Have someone connect his forms 6i against 11gr2?

Thanks And Regards
      ChriZ
        • 1. Re: Forms 6i connecting against 11gR2
          Paul M.
          Forms 6i is not certified for 11gR2 (not even for 11gR1), as you can see on Oracle Certification Matrices.

Non-certified combinations may work or may not...
          • 2. Re: Forms 6i connecting against 11gR2
            ZaferMAktan
            As Paul said, the Forms 6i client/server with latest patchset (18) was certified only against 10gR1 (not even 10gR2) and it is a 32bit application therefore if you need to run it on 64bit OS, related 32bit packages needs to coexist.

Having said that it is no longer certified and supported for any database server higher than 10gR1 version, I am able to run our Forms 6i c/s application (on Linux) against 10gR2, 11g and 11gR2. It is not certified - therefore you must accept the risks of doing it.

Anyway, in 11g (R1 and R2) you either need to create your Oracle account and password in CAPITAL or change the database parameter setting sec_case_sensitive_logon from default (TRUE) to FALSE for your Forms 6i to work against 11g.
            note: this is also valid for iAS/iDS 10gR2 forms services.

SQL> select name,value from v$parameter where name like '%case%'
            2 /

NAME
            --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
            VALUE
            --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
            sec_case_sensitive_logon
            FALSE

hope this proves useful
            R/ Zaf
            • 3. Re: Forms 6i connecting against 11gR2
              In all my attempts to connect the Formsbuilder 6i, the formsbuilder crashed.
              What is the behaviour of Forms Runtime?
              What is the character set of your database?
              Have someone connect his forms 6i against 11gr2?
              Yes. It works nice.
              • 4. Re: Forms 6i connecting against 11gR2
                Tim Penn
                Another word of warning ::

We still have old 6i forms -- just come across a problem where a Form with a BLOB defined in the Block will run OK against a 9i database - but we get an ORA-00932 inconsistent dtatypes: expected got..

Had this problem beofre when moving to 9i database and it was cured by moving to patch set 13.

About to try Patch set 18 to see if that helps.