This discussion is archived
1 2 3 4 5 12 Previous Next 175 Replies Latest reply: May 12, 2011 12:23 PM by TexasApexDeveloper Go to original post RSS
  • 30. Re: apex.oracle.com/pls/otn down?
    ATD Guru
    Currently Being Moderated
    Thanks, Joel
  • 31. Re: apex.oracle.com/pls/otn down?
    ATD Guru
    Hi Joel,

Is there any further news on this?

Today, the site has been dreadful - pages have been taking several minutes to load :(

Andy
  • 32. Re: apex.oracle.com/pls/otn down?
    jkallman Employee ACE
    Hi Andy,

I'm not aware of any outages or performance issues. No one from AskTom or ProMED or anyone else from the APEX community on OTN has sent me anything about performance. For whatever it's worth, I tried AskTom and I logged into my workspace on apex.oracle.com at 2:27P EDT (GMT -04:00), and it was quite snappy.

I don't know if I'm reaching here or not, but the next time you experience dreadful performance, can you also try http://asktom.oracle.com and see if it's also dreadful, please?

Joel
  • 33. Re: apex.oracle.com/pls/otn down?
    ATD Guru
    Hi Joel,

I've just tried AskTom and it seems ok to me.

I've also just tried loading a page in my workspace and it is still showing as loading - it seems to be stuck on downloading images or files as it stayed on "(22 items remaining)" in the status bar for about a minute

Andy
  • 34. Re: apex.oracle.com/pls/otn down?
    jkallman Employee ACE
    Andy,

Thanks for our patience with this. I tried apex.oracle.com now and buzzed through a bunch of pages in an application in my workspace - lightning fast.

I'm not trying to insult your intelligence, but the next time this happens:

1) Assuming you're using Firefox, close all instance of Firefox, restart, and see if this makes any difference.
    2) Try editing a different application.
    3) Try this with a totally different browser, either IE or Chrome.

I'm just trying to isolate where the problem might be, if any.

Thanks.

Joel
  • 35. Re: apex.oracle.com/pls/otn down?
    ATD Guru
    Hi Joel,

I've been trying with both IE7 and FF3.5 and they're pretty much the same. I have been in and out of various applications today and can't say that I've noticed any difference between them - sometimes pages do load ok, but a lot of the time it's sit-and-wait stuff.

Firebug still gives me the same sort of output that I posted earlier - not sure if that helps you at all? Otherwise, I get the status bar message that doesn't change for quite some time

I have to off for the day now, so enjoy the rest of your weekend Joel

Regards

Andy
  • 36. Re: apex.oracle.com/pls/otn down?
    ATD Guru
    Hi Joel,

I have removed all Add-ins from my browsers, reset everything back to the defaults, cleared out all temporary files and rebooted, just in case. The site is still painfully slow - it takes over 50 seconds to load one graphic and a whole page can take several minutes.

I have no issues with any other sites that I visit, they all load as speedy as ever - it's only apex.oracle.com that takes ages to load - and both IE7 and FF3.5 have the same response times.

Andy
  • 37. Re: apex.oracle.com/pls/otn down?
    TexasApexDeveloper Guru
    But you said that Asktom (which is loaded on the same machine as the hosted apex instance is on) site comes up fine, right? Sorry just a little confused there.. Is it possible the configuration is goofy for the hosted apex solution but okay for asktom.com?

Just wondering since I use the hosted apex site for demos to people showing them how to do stuff in APEX all the time..

Thank you,

Tony Miller
    Webster, TX
  • 38. Re: apex.oracle.com/pls/otn down?
    jkallman Employee ACE
    Hi Andy,

Immediately after your posting, I got on apex.oracle.com and encountered no issues. It was quite fast. Granted, I'm inside the Oracle firewall.

I also contacted my team member Anthony, who is in Plymouth and uses Virgin Media 50 Mb Fibre Optic. He disconnected from Oracle's VPN and got onto his workspace on apex.oracle.com and had no issues whatsoever.

I'd offer to login to your workspace and try this myself, but it sounds like it's not an issue with the generation times of the pages from the APEX engine, but rather, delivery of the static resources to your browser. Are you going through any proxy or Net Cache?

I value your contributions to the APEX community and I want this to be as fast as possible for you, but right now, I am completely vexed.

Joel
  • 39. Re: apex.oracle.com/pls/otn down?
    ATD Guru
    Hi Tony,

AskTom is ok (not as good as yesterday) - the longest any page takes is the "Home" page and that takes about 4 seconds tops. But none of the pages has many graphics on them and that does seem to be what is causing the issue on apex.oracle.com (or, at least, that's what FireBug told me before I disabled it!).

I, too, use apex.oracle.com to set up demos of Apex functionality and it's getting so that setting up a simple form or report can take at least 10 minutes using the wizards because it takes so long to go from page to page.

I did think, for a few minutes just now, that the language settings on my browsers may make a difference - I changed them from en-gb to en-us and pages did load just fine. But, only for a while, now it's back to "normal" :( Whilst trying out numerous pages in AskTom, I've had one page loading in apex.oracle.com and it is still loading.

Andy
  • 40. Re: apex.oracle.com/pls/otn down?
    ATD Guru
    Hi Joel,

Today, the apex.oracle.com site is almost totally unresponsive. Even forums.oracle.com is having issues. I have just been trying www.oracle.com and, in FireBug, it is showing that most (but not all) images on oracleimg.com are "404 Not Found".

I'm not using any proxy or anything else as far as I know - just my broadband connection. I haven't experienced issues with other sites that I've used.

Andy
  • 41. Re: apex.oracle.com/pls/otn down?
    ATD Guru
    Is it even worth mentioning that apex.oracle.com is not working again ?
  • 42. Re: apex.oracle.com/pls/otn down?
    711211 Newbie
    It's really dreadful when the site is down.

I'm so addicted to it, and working on it round the clock - trying to get to a certain level of accomplishment by Nov 20th, so I can show it to folks when I visit NYC.
  • 43. Re: apex.oracle.com/pls/otn down?
    ATD Guru
    Hi Marion,

It's actually well past the "getting annoying stage" for me now :( But, knowing that you have the same issues over there is actually good to know - as us poor Euro chappies were thinking it was something we'd said as it only seemed to be affecting us!!

Andy
  • 44. Re: apex.oracle.com/pls/otn down?
    Hari_639 Guru
    The [http://apex.oracle.com/pls/otn/f?p=4550] page just not loading!! It hanged with status 'Waiting for apex.oracle.com...'

I observe this issue is quite redundant and I would be grateful if Oracle can fix this issue

Thanks,
    Hari
1 2 3 4 5 12 Previous Next

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points