2 Replies Latest reply on Nov 16, 2009 9:50 AM by 719357

File Upload problem

Hi,

I'm using a File Browse Item to upload files into my APEX app.

I would ideally like to insert values into some of the unused fields in the APEX_APPLICATION_FILES view/table.

For instance, I would like to use the DESCRIPTION field to store the project ID associated with an uploaded file so that when a user later views that project they will only see files uploaded associated with it and not other projects. E.G. By using a SQL query in the report along these lines:

SELECT * FROM APEX_APPLICATION_FILES
      WHERE DESCRIPTION = :P18_PROJECT_ID

However, I cannot see where the SQL statement is for the File Browse Object in order to edit it to achieve this.

Would someone point me in the right direction please?

TIA,
      Tom
        • 1. Re: File Upload problem
          fac586
          You should look at the tutorial [How to Upload and Download Files in an Application|http://download.oracle.com/docs/cd/E14373_01/appdev.32/e13363/up_dn_files.htm#CJAHDJDA] which covers uploading files to an application and storing them in an application table rather than the APEX file store. Doing this will enable you to associate whatever data you require with the file.
          1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: File Upload problem
            Thanks, I saw that but was hoping to avoid moving to that solution as I am already using the APEX table. It jut seems inefficient not to use those empty fields!

Tom