I realize this is an old post, however I've had the exact same issue over the last week with the same UTL.dll showing in the hs_err_pidxxxx file.
Our VB6 app ran as a Windows 2003 scheduled task for almost two years before stopping all of a sudden. It ran fine when logged on, but would fail when we logged off. The task would run, but the program would fail. While we never did get the scheduled task working properly, I did find an alternate solution.
Instead of using rwrun.exe I updated the code in our app to use rwclient.exe. The command for rwrun and rwclient are very similar with rwclient requiring a server= setting.