1 2 3 Previous Next 36 Replies Latest reply: Mar 31, 2010 6:33 AM by 206307 Go to original post RSS
      • 15. Re: Update working copy does not work for Subversion in JDeveloper 11.1.1.2.0
        John Stegeman
        Andy/Susan,

I can verify the MDS store error. Steps:

1). Create a new SOA Application, take all the defaults.
        2). Use the "Version Application" item from the application navigator
        3). Allow JDeveloper to check out a copy as part of the process

The "invalid MDS store error" followed immediately by the "unexpected severe error."

John
        • 16. Re: Update working copy does not work for Subversion in JDeveloper 11.1.1.2.0
          user8742475
          yes, that's what I got.

I got "unexpected severe error." when I do other SVN related tasks as well. I'm compiling the list of those tasks and the steps that I took right now for susan. I will post it here for susan as soon as i'm done.

thanks John

Andy
          • 17. Re: Update working copy does not work for Subversion in JDeveloper 11.1.1.2.0
            suduncan-Oracle
            I've reproduced the MDS problem and have passed it to development. I will let you know asap. I await your test case for the other problems. Are they related to an SOA project only?

rgds

Susan
            • 18. Re: Update working copy does not work for Subversion in JDeveloper 11.1.1.2.0
              user8742475
              yes. I'm doing SOA development so everything is related to SOA stuff.

Thanks,
              Andy
              • 19. Re: Update working copy does not work for Subversion in JDeveloper 11.1.1.2.0
                user8742475
                Hi Susan,

I found the below issues when I test out JDeveloper 11.1.1.2 with SVN. Some issues happened randomly. I noted these as happened randomly.

First I created a SOA application with 1 empty SOA project. I versioned this application into SVN. I did not create any filters during the first import. I used whatever came with JDeveloper. I also unchecked the perform checkout check box during the initial import.

After this, I opened 2 sessions of JDev and checked out the above application into 2 different working copy directories

1) For the 1st session, the application was checked out fine (having the SOA content folder with all the libraries). For the 2nd one, the application was checked out incorrectly. It has a folder called Resources with just the composite.xml file and 1 library, 1.6.0_14. NOTE: This happened randomly

2) For the 1st session, I added a bpel process with empty composite and checked everything into SVN. When I clicked on the 2nd JDev session, I got the below message. I clicked OK

Externally Modified Files

c:\documents and settings\andy\application data\jdeveloper\system11.1.1.2.36.55.36\o.ide\debugging.layout
                c:\documents and settings\andy\application data\jdeveloper\system11.1.1.2.36.55.36\o.ide\editing.layout

3) For the 2nd session, I selected all add/modified files in the incoming tab and click update. I selected "refresh all" in the pending changes view and I got the "Unexpected Error".

4) For the 2nd session, I modified the BPEL process and saved it. When I closed the files, I got the "Unexpected Error".

5) For the 1st session, when I opened a file, I got the "Unexpected Error".

6) For the 2nd session, I opened a file and closed it WITHOUT making any changes, I got the "Unexpected Error"

7) For the 1st session, I created a new SOA project with an empty composite. I got the "Unexpected Error". I checked it into SVN

8) For the 2nd session, there are only 2 files, application1.jws and project2 are in the incoming tab. I do not see all the bpel related files (componentType, wsdl, bpel, composite). I selected these 2 files and clicked on the Update icon, I got the "SOA MDS Store Validation" error. The newly created SOA project was not created correctly. It only created a folder called Project2 with a library called 1.6.0_14. I deleted this Project2 folder and now in the incoming tab, I see all the other bpel related files but there's no update icon. Basically, I'm stuck at this stage in term of getting the new project imported. I had to delete the whole working directory and check out the application again. I got the "Unexpected Error" when I check out the application from SVN into this new directory

9) When I delete a SOA project and select the option to remove the physical files on the machine, I got the messages "unexpected error" and "Unable to delete files".

10) When I check out the application from SVN into a new working directory, I got the "Open Warning" saying that i'm about to migrate the application to JDeveloper version 11.1.1.2.0 file format. NOTE: This happened randomly

11) In one session, I made changes to the bpel process and checked into SVN. When I go to the 2nd session, I expected to see these changes in the incoming tab but these changes are in the outgoing tab instead. NOTE: This happened randomly

12) When I check out the application from SVN into a new working directory, the application is checked out in the directory but not in JDeveloper. NOTE: This happened randomly

=====================================================

I'll keep testing and send to you if I find anything else. I'll increment the issue to #13 so it's easy to keep track of them. Please keep me updated

Thanks,
                Andy
                • 20. Re: Update working copy does not work for Subversion in JDeveloper 11.1.1.2.0
                  suduncan-Oracle
                  Hi,

I have raised a bug on the MDS problem and am waiting for some feedback from development. I will keep you posted asap

Please send me the test cases when you can so I can reproduce any other problems

send directly to me: susan dotty duncan atty oracle dotty com

rgds

Susan
                  • 21. Re: Update working copy does not work for Subversion in JDeveloper 11.1.1.2.0
                    user8742475
                    I sent an email to susan.duncan@oracle.com from my yahoo account but it got rejected

The steps are in the post that I have here also and my email is

simba2love@yahoo.com
                    • 22. Re: Update working copy does not work for Subversion in JDeveloper 11.1.1.2
                      John Stegeman
                      Make sure you rename .zip files to something else like .zippy, the oeacle email system will reject otherwise
                      • 23. Re: Update working copy does not work for Subversion in JDeveloper 11.1.1.2
                        user8742475
                        I did not attach anything. I pasted all the steps in the email so it's just text.

Not sure if there's a filter there at oracle rejecting yahoo mails or not.

Andy
                        • 24. Re: Update working copy does not work for Subversion in JDeveloper 11.1.1.2
                          suduncan-Oracle
                          Hi

I've looked at your issues. The reason that you are getting those errors and warnings is because you have opened 2 sessions of JDeveloper using the same setup - this means that both the sessions are sharing the same system folder (found by default in C:\Documents and Settings\<your user>\Application Data\JDeveloper). Hence the 'modified externally' and the other unexplained errors and the apparent randomness of the problems. To mimic multiple users either check out multiple versions into the same JDEV session or use different JDEV sessions using different system folders (on separate machines is the easiest way)

Having said that, it does seem that some care has to be taken around how you initially version an SOA application. I am talking further with the SOA team to see if there are improvements we can make, but I think I've established a process that stops errors occurring when you then have multiple users checking out the application from SVN.

SOA generates files and classes 'on the fly' such as the classes directory, when using MDS. In general, it is the right course of action to not version a classes directory as it contains runtime aftifacts that don't need to be versioned. However, it seems that SOA and MDS require these folders for compilation.

When you initially Version Application in SVN JDeveloper excludes the classes directory. We need to work around this. One approach would be to simply remove classes from the exclude list, but as you might have other runtime classes directories in your application that should be excluded, I don't recommend this. Here is a set of steps that work around the problem. I have followed these steps and have not yet come across any additional errors or warnings (bar the MDS error that I have bugged bug9189120)

1. Create a new empty SOA application
                          2. Save and rebuild the project. Note that
                          a. under the testsuites folder there is now a fileList.xml
                          b. under the SCA-INF folder there is a classes folder that contains META-INF and 2 <scac> files
                          3. Version the application, do not adjust the Filters and leave Perform Checkout checked
                          4. Click OK on the MDS Store Validation error dialog
                          5. Rebuild the project - note that the Build is successful (in the SOA log window)
                          6. In the App Navigator hit Refresh - not that under SCA-INF the classes directory and child folders/files have not been versioned - this is because the initial Version Application filtered out the classes folder
                          7 Open Pending Changes, Refresh All and see that the missing files are listed in the Candidates tab - select them and Add
                          8 Note that all the files and the classes folder are now in the Outgoing tab
                          9 From the Versioning menu select Commit Working Copy (comment that you are adding the classed directory)
                          10 Check in the app navigator that all the files have been versioned

to check mutiple checkouts :
                          1. In the versioning navigator check out another copy of the application - you can do this into the same JDEV app navigator - it will copy another working copy to a new directory and you will see 2 applications with the same name in the navigator
                          2. select one of the applications and add a BPEL process (save and rebuild)
                          3. in Pending Changes Candidates - see the new files added - Add them
                          4. Commit working copy
                          5. go to the second checked out copy of the app
                          5. Update Working Copy - note the new files are updated into this working copy (and the MDS error is not repeated)

I have not gone any further than this but following this approach to the initial versioning of the application - before multiple users begin work - seems to solve any initial problems. Please let me know if this works for you and if you encounter any additional problems.

rgds

Susan
                          • 25. Re: Update working copy does not work for Subversion in JDeveloper 11.1.1.2
                            user8742475
                            Thanks Susan. I'll try out your suggested steps and let you know if I encounter any issues. Please let me know when you have resolution to bug 9189120.
                            • 26. Re: Update working copy does not work for Subversion in JDeveloper 11.1.1.2
                              user8742475
                              Hi Susan,

I tried out your steps and below is what I have

4a) I got the "Unexpected Error" I clicked Continue to proceed

A comment regarding steps 6 and 10, you can't know if files under the classes directory are versioned or not by looking at the Application Navigator because these files do not show up there. You have to go to Windows explorer and see. If you see the .svn directory under the classes directory then it means they are versioned.

Please let me know the status of bug 9189120 when you have it.

Thanks,
                              Andy
                              • 27. Re: Update working copy does not work for Subversion in JDeveloper 11.1.1.2
                                suduncan-Oracle
                                Hi Andy,

No news on the bug yet

To see the files in the App Nav - use the Navigator Display Options (on the app nav toolbar) to uncheck all the grouping/sorts except Group Related Files and you can see these files there

rgds

Susan
                                • 28. Re: Update working copy does not work for Subversion in JDeveloper 11.1.1.2
                                  Susan,

I have the same issue! But also in an other way: Deploy an ADFBC (SDO) to the application server:

I have created a (new) simple ADC BC component and exposed this as a webservice with JDev 11g (11.1.1.1.2). When I deploy this I get the errror:

09:13:33 PM Target platform is (Weblogic 10.3).
                                  09:13:56 PM Retrieving existing application information
                                  09:13:58 PM Running dependency analysis...
                                  09:13:58 PM Deploying profile...
                                  09:13:59 PM #### Deployment incomplete. ####
                                  09:13:59 PM == ERROR: No j2ee modules detected in EAR archive. Deployment aborted. == (oracle.jdeveloper.deploy.VetoableDeployException)

JDEV 11g ps1 Deploy: SDO failed,  ERROR: No j2ee modules detected

I have a work arround, but it is not the way you want:

Copy the SVN directory, remove the SVN directories. Work from this directory and copy later the changed/new files back to the original dir.

Marc
                                  http://orasoa.blogspot.com
                                  • 29. Re: Update working copy does not work for Subversion in JDeveloper 11.1.1.2.0
                                    John Stegeman
                                    Mark Kelderman has written a blog post on this with a (slightly messy) workaround: http://orasoa.blogspot.com/2010/01/jdev-ps1-adf-configxml-invalid.html

John