11 Replies Latest reply: Jan 15, 2013 10:50 AM by Hussein Sawwan-Oracle RSS

shared appltop

user10922685
      Hi ,
      we have 2 node architecture - one node dbTier running and 2 node appsTier (froms,web,conc)
      we want to move shared_appltop .we have appltop and commontop on shared file system
      can we run adpreclone on source and just copy IAS,806 Home to the new node since APPLTOP and COMMONTOP
      on shared file system then run adcfglone .will it work or we need to addnode first and merge the appltops

Is the target system APPL_TOP divided into multiple mount points (y/n) [n] ?:n

Pls reply

Thanks
        • 1. Re: shared appltop
          Hussein Sawwan-Oracle
          Hi,

Not sure if I understand you correctly, but are you planning to move to shared APPL_TOP (shared application file system)? If yes, please see (Note: 233428.1 - Sharing the Application Tier File System in Oracle Applications 11i) and (Note: 243880.1 - Shared APPL_TOP FAQ).

Regards,
          Hussein
          • 2. Re: shared appltop
            user10922685
            Hi Husien ,

I have the Notes ,i just want to check with you
            i have one node AppsTier (APPLTOP and COMMONTOP) on shared file system (netapps) for eg : /u01
            /u01 is mounted on source and Target node .
            After running adpreclone.pl on source node can i just copy (IAS,806 ORA_HOME) to the other node without (APPLTOP AND COMMONTOP) since i have (APPLTOP AND COMMONTOP on shared filesystem (/u01 ))
            and run adcfgclone.pl on Target node when it ask appltop and commontop location can i point to /u01
            can it be called as shared_appltop or

first i need to add node to the existing system by running adpreclone.pl on source and copy (appltop,commtop,ias,806 home) .once the new node is clone then merge the multipe appltop and commontop
            to shared_appltop

i hope not confusing you

Thanks
            • 3. Re: shared appltop
              Hussein Sawwan-Oracle
              Hi,

I understand you have two nodes:

Node A --> Database tier file
              Node B --> Application tier file

Now, you want to add (Node C) and implement Shared Application File System.

If the above is right, you need to do the following:

- Run preclone on Node B
              - Make sure the mount point accessible to Node C (in addition to Node B)
              - Configure Node C (Run ""perl adclonectx.pl sharedappltop contextfile=<Applications Context File for the existing node>" and "perl -I <AU_TOP>/perl txkSOHM.pl " commands)

Regards,
              Hussein
              • 4. Re: shared appltop
                Hi Hussein,

Configure Node C (Run ""perl adclonectx.pl sharedappltop contextfile=<Applications Context File for the existing node>" and "perl -I <AU_TOP>/perl txkSOHM.pl " commands)

we can even run

perl adclonectx.pl addnode contextfile=XXXXX

and run autocoonfig right ?

Regards
                • 5. Re: shared appltop
                  Hussein Sawwan-Oracle
                  Hi,

Yes, you can (on R12, not sure about 11i) -- See (Note: 384248.1 - Sharing The Application Tier File System in Oracle E-Business Suite Release 12) for details.

Regards,
                  Hussein
                  • 6. Re: shared appltop
                    user10922685
                    Hi Hussein ,

Node A --> Database tier file
                    Node B --> Application tier file (appltop and comntop only on shared location :/u01/prdappl ,prdcomn)

Now, we want to add (Node C) and implement Shared Appltop .(not shared_application_tier)

- Run preclone on Node B
                    copy only (ias,806 home) on node (C)

-Run adcfgclone.pl
                    once it prompts for (appltop and comntop) point to this shared location :/u01/prdappl,prdcomn

- this way can i achieve shared_appltop ?
                    • 7. Re: shared appltop
                      Hussein Sawwan-Oracle
                      Hi,

I believe your steps are OK and you can proceed with it.

Regards,
                      Hussein
                      • 8. Re: shared appltop
                        user10922685
                        Hi Hussein ,

I am going to clone Prod once the devp is done ,the steps are correct right

Thanks Hussein ,
                        • 9. Re: shared appltop
                          Hussein Sawwan-Oracle
                          Hi,

As mentioned above, I believe the steps are OK and you can proceed with it. Once you are done, it should be also OK to clone the instance.

Regards,
                          Hussein
                          • 10. Re: shared appltop
                            ma_apps
                            Can I use working backed up application context file to repeat the clones and avoid running following steps:

- Configure Node C (Run ""perl adclonectx.pl sharedappltop contextfile=<Applications Context File for the existing node>" and "perl -I <AU_TOP>/perl txkSOHM.pl " commands)

I believe if I have working XML from previous clone, I should be able to use the same XMl to re-clone without implementing shared appltop and add a node step. Please share your thoughts.
                            • 11. Re: shared appltop
                              Hussein Sawwan-Oracle
                              ma_apps wrote:
                              Can I use working backed up application context file to repeat the clones and avoid running following steps:

I believe if I have working XML from previous clone, I should be able to use the same XMl to re-clone without implementing shared appltop and add a node step. Please share your thoughts.
                              Please create a new thread instead of updating a 3 years old one and we will be answering all your questions.

Thanks,
                              Hussein