This discussion is archived
1 2 3 Previous Next 40 Replies Latest reply: May 22, 2013 5:17 AM by 862756 Go to original post RSS
  • 15. Re: Unable to start the Weblogic 10 server
    betino Journeyer
    Currently Being Moderated
    You mentioned thay you deleted the cache, logs, tmp, data folders under the AdminServer. Restore this configuration or create a new domain in production mode and put a boot.properties in $DOMAIN_HOME/

I hope this helps
  • 16. Re: Unable to start the Weblogic 10 server
    708890 Newbie
    I deleted those folders for a different domain. The one(domain) that I currently have, has all those directories and I have included this boot.properties as you suggested, but still the error.
  • 17. Re: Unable to start the Weblogic 10 server
    betino Journeyer
    Create domain in development mode, if server starts then go to Admin Console and change to production mode.

In this case you don't need boot.properties file, and you are not prompted for credentials.
  • 18. Re: Unable to start the Weblogic 10 server
    708890 Newbie
    As per your suggestion I created another domain under development mode.

1. It automatically creates the boot.properties under security folder in AdminServer.
    2. This boot.properties file is generated by weblogic and it contains the userid and password in encrypted form.

The server didnt start and I got this error below, I tried deleting the security folder with boot.properties under AdminServer, still the server didnt start and I got error :

WebLogic Server 10.3 Fri Jul 25 16:30:05 EDT 2008 1137967 >
    <Sep 11, 2009 3:46:53 PM EDT> <Notice> <WebLogicServer> <BEA-000365> <Server state changed to STARTING>
    <Sep 11, 2009 3:46:53 PM EDT> <Info> <WorkManager> <BEA-002900> <Initializing self-tuning thread pool>
    <Sep 11, 2009 3:46:53 PM EDT> <Notice> <Log Management> <BEA-170019> <The server log file /opt/fedex/ftn/config/test_domain/servers/AdminServer/logs/AdminServer.log is opened. All server side log events will be written to this file.>
    <Sep 11, 2009 3:47:01 PM EDT> <Notice> <Security> <BEA-090082> <Security initializing using security realm myrealm.>
    <Sep 11, 2009 3:47:01 PM EDT> <Critical> <Security> <BEA-090402> <Authentication denied: Boot identity not valid; The user name and/or password from the boot identity file (boot.properties) is not valid. The boot identity may have been changed since the boot identity file was created. Please edit and update the boot identity file with the proper values of username and password. The first time the updated boot identity file is used to start the server, these new values are encrypted.>
    <Sep 11, 2009 3:47:01 PM EDT> <Critical> <WebLogicServer> <BEA-000386> <Server subsystem failed. Reason: weblogic.security.SecurityInitializationException: Authentication denied: Boot identity not valid; The user name and/or password from the boot identity file (boot.properties) is not valid. The boot identity may have been changed since the boot identity file was created. Please edit and update the boot identity file with the proper values of username and password. The first time the updated boot identity file is used to start the server, these new values are encrypted.
    weblogic.security.SecurityInitializationException: Authentication denied: Boot identity not valid; The user name and/or password from the boot identity file (boot.properties) is not valid. The boot identity may have been changed since the boot identity file was created. Please edit and update the boot identity file with the proper values of username and password. The first time the updated boot identity file is used to start the server, these new values are encrypted.
    at weblogic.security.service.CommonSecurityServiceManagerDelegateImpl.doBootAuthorization(Unknown Source)
    at weblogic.security.service.CommonSecurityServiceManagerDelegateImpl.initialize(Unknown Source)
    at weblogic.security.service.SecurityServiceManager.initialize(Unknown Source)
    at weblogic.security.SecurityService.start(SecurityService.java:141)
    at weblogic.t3.srvr.SubsystemRequest.run(SubsystemRequest.java:64)
    Truncated. see log file for complete stacktrace
    >
    <Sep 11, 2009 3:47:01 PM EDT> <Notice> <WebLogicServer> <BEA-000365> <Server state changed to FAILED>
    <Sep 11, 2009 3:47:01 PM EDT> <Error> <WebLogicServer> <BEA-000383> <A critical service failed. The server will shut itself down>
    <Sep 11, 2009 3:47:01 PM EDT> <Notice> <WebLogicServer> <BEA-000365> <Server state changed to FORCE_SHUTTING_DOWN>
  • 19. Re: Unable to start the Weblogic 10 server
    betino Journeyer
    Well, this is very odd, what exact WLS version are you using and what OS?

I think It's time to go with Oracle Support.
  • 20. Re: Unable to start the Weblogic 10 server
    708890 Newbie
    Sorry for the delay in responding, WL version 10.3.0 and I am trying to installing it on a 32 bit Linux OS with version 2.6.9-78.ELsmp.

How do I get to Oracle support , please tell me ?

Thanks
    Chandra
  • 21. Re: Unable to start the Weblogic 10 server
    720305 Newbie
    hi,
    please create a boot.properties in $DOMAIN_HOME/boot.properties specifying:
    username=weblogic
    password=weblogic

save it and resstart your server.

plz try it.

Edited by: user8740437 on Sep 14, 2009 7:25 PM
  • 22. Re: Unable to start the Weblogic 10 server
    betino Journeyer
    Make sure your platform is supported and meets the requirements, see the Supported Configurations information:
    [http://download.oracle.com/docs/cd/E13196_01/platform/suppconfigs/configs103/103_over/overview.html]

For get Oracle Support you can use your support id and create a support case in metalink or contact to your WLS vendor
  • 23. Re: Unable to start the Weblogic 10 server
    711350 Newbie
    I got exactly the same problem on weblogic 10.3 /SunOS tstftweb 5.10/java 1.5.0_12-b04

I coped full domain directory from wellwork domain and change the paths to my - no result.
    Created the file boot.properties (in different directores) with encrypted (coped from config.xml) or with plain-text (as recomended here) password and username - no result .
  • 24. Re: Unable to start the Weblogic 10 server
    user10939158 Journeyer
    You can also force weblogic to create a new boot.properties file at startup instead of editing the existing one. This presumes that you have the weblogic account's password available.

* delete the boot.properties
    * run the startWebLogic.sh script - don't run in the background or with nohup since you need to respond with inputs during the script
    {domain_home/bin/startWebLogic.sh

The script will prompt you for the username and password - and then the script will encrypt those values for you and create the file.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                   
  • 25. Re: Unable to start the Weblogic 10 server
    708890 Newbie
    I have been trying to start weblogic server directly by executing the startWebLogic.sh script and I have entered the username and password when prompted, with and without the boot.properties but still I ran into the same error.

Thanks
  • 26. Re: Unable to start the Weblogic 10 server
    betino Journeyer
    Try adding following parameters to the command line that starts weblogic server:
    -Dweblogic.management.username='username'
    -Dweblogic.management.password='password'
    -Dweblogic.system.RemoveBootIdentity=true
    -Dweblogic.system.StoreBootIdentity=false

For example, open and edit startWeblogic.sh like follows:-
    "java ${JAVA_VM} ${MEM_ARGS} ${JAVA_OPTIONS} -Dweblogic.Name=${SERVER_NAME} -Djava.security.policy=${WL_HOME}/server/lib/weblogic.policy ${PROXY_SETTINGS} ${SERVER_CLASS}"
         ${JAVA_HOME}/bin/java ${JAVA_VM} ${MEM_ARGS} ${JAVA_OPTIONS} -Dweblogic.system.RemoveBootIdentity=true -Dweblogic.management.username=weblogic -Dweblogic.management.password=weblogic -Dweblogic.system.StoreBootIdentity=false -Dweblogic.Name=${SERVER_NAME} -Djava.security.policy=${WL_HOME}/server/lib/weblogic.policy ${PROXY_SETTINGS} ${SERVER_CLASS}
  • 27. Re: Unable to start the Weblogic 10 server
    740688 Newbie
    Did you ever get a response to this?

I have the same problem with ALSB 3.0 on RHEL5. Clean Oracle schema, create the domain weblogic/weblogic for user/pass, I get prompted every time saying invalid credentials. The boot.properties doesnt help. I blew the domain home away, dropped the schema, re-created and re-installed 3x. same problem every time. Not sure why it isnt working.
  • 28. Re: Unable to start the Weblogic 10 server
    740688 Newbie
    I resolved my issue. DuH! :)
    Thank you though
  • 29. Re: Unable to start the Weblogic 10 server
    599203 Newbie
    Hi,
    Can you pls explain how you resolved the issue. We are facing the same issue in our dev box.
    Thanks.

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points