2 Replies Latest reply: Aug 6, 2013 9:13 AM by VincenzoGrimaldi RSS

Excel ODBC Driver

Hi everyone,

I've tried looking into the forum as well as Metalink for ideas on how to "install" an ODBC Driver for Excel on a Windows machine so I can integrate my Excel files to Oracle DW thru ODI.

I have not been able to configure a Data Source thru the ODBC Admin app, even after installing Microsoft Office or OpenOffice.org apps in the machine, I still could not add a Excel data source (i.e. No option available for adding Excel driver-based datasources).

My question is, is there any available ODBC driver for Excel for 64-bit machines? What can I do to work around this issue?

For 32-bit machine, is there anywhere I can download an installer file?

Hoping for a response.

• 1. Re: Excel ODBC Driver
          I have a problem is the following

See com.borland.dx.dataset.DataSetException error code: BASE+66

com.borland.dx.dataset.DataSetException: [Microsoft][Controlador ODBC Excel] Error de sintaxis en la cláusula FROM.

thanks in advance
          • 2. Re: Excel ODBC Driver

this is an old error but the solution is quite easy... in the data model related to the excel files your spreadsheet is imported (when you reverse engineering it) inthe format

actually there is a problem in the odiRef.getFrom method that is not adding the table name in brackets ("), to avoid this error simply assign the following phisical name to the datastore:

and your interface will work. If the problem persist maybe is because the problem is with the columns name, you shoudl map them as