1 2 3 Previous Next 40 Replies Latest reply on Jul 19, 2012 4:32 AM by dba-india Go to original post
      • 15. Re: Can't download anything
        I don't know what the problem is and it's not my job or the job of another user to find the error.
        For Oracle it is really embarrassing that they do not notice the mistake in their system or can not find it...

But whingeing about that is not a solution for us users for this problem.

@Luis Alexandre Fontes:
        I don't understand that thing taking the server in Brazil...I can't find any possiblity to change or choose this. How can I make it?
        • 16. Re: Can't download anything
          This is the second day I have not been able to download. My goal is to download Oracle Express 10g.
          My guess is that Oracle's single signon solution is broke.
          I can logon to this:
          https://login.oracle.com/mysso/signon.jsp
          But the download login is:
          https://profile.oracle.com/jsp/realms/otnLogin.jsp

I'm new to Oracle and I have to admit that I'm surprised about the number of bugs in their website.
          I will add this thread to the download forum.
          Cheers!
          • 17. Re: Can't download anything
            Luis Alexandre Fontes
            Same problem in 2007 -> download.oracle.com broken

The thread was answered by [mark.shirley@oracle.com]. Try to contact him.

A problem in the infrastructure was identified and took several days to fix.
            • 18. Re: Can't download anything
              I don't know what the problem is and it's not my job or the job of another user to find the error.
              For Oracle it is really embarrassing that they do not notice the mistake in their system or can not find it...

But whingeing about that is for us users not a solution for this problem.

@Luis Alexandre Fontes:
              I don't understand that thing taking the server in Brazil...I can't find any possiblity to change or choose this. How can I make it?
              • 19. Re: Can't download anything
                Has anyone tried calling customer support?

It has:

Phone numbers:

General inquiries
                +1.800.ORACLE1

International
                +1.650.506.7000

Directions
                Headquarters and Pleasanton
                +1.650.506.0024

Mailing address:

Oracle Corporation
                500 Oracle Parkway
                Redwood Shores, CA
                • 20. Re: Can't download anything
                  Has anyone tried calling customer support?

It has:

Phone numbers:

General inquiries
                  +1.800.ORACLE1

International
                  +1.650.506.7000

Directions
                  +1.650.506.0024

Mailing address:

Oracle Corporation
                  500 Oracle Parkway
                  Redwood Shores, CA
                  • 21. Re: Can't download anything
                    I tried to write a mail to [mark.shirley@oracle.com] but this mailaddress does not exists.

Maybe anyone has another mailaddress to contact due to this problem. Calling Oracle is not possible for me without paying a lot of money.
                    Could anyone other (from US) try this?

Edited by: user9008563 on 18.01.2010 12:53
                    • 22. Re: Can't download anything
                      Why don't you email Larry (l.ellisson@oracle.com)? This will definitely work, because Larry doesn't like to get this type of e-mails ;)
                      Years ago, our European site was supported by OTS in the US because our Headquarters made a mistake. It took us 2 years to get this corrected. How was it corrected? By e-mailing Larry!

------------------
                      Sybrand Bakker
                      Senior Oracle DBA
                      • 23. Re: Can't download anything
                        I am still not able to download anything.

I am trying to get:
                        http://download.oracle.com/otn/linux/oracle10g/xe/10201/oracle-xe_10.2.0.1-1.0_i386.deb

I called calling customer support and they said they are "aware of the issue and working on it. We apologize for any inconvenience"

It has:

Phone numbers:

General inquiries
                        +1.800.ORACLE1

International
                        +1.650.506.7000

Directions
                        +1.650.506.0024

Mailing address:

Oracle Corporation
                        500 Oracle Parkway
                        Redwood Shores, CA
                        • 24. Re: Can't download anything
                          Thx Sybrand :)

I also wrote a mail to Larry. Hoping the call and this mail are suffice to do the problem be resolved as possible.
                          If I get an answer I will tell you about.

The only thing we can do now...is waiting. Cheers up guys! ;)
                          • 25. Re: Can't download anything
                            Sorry guys...I got a delivery notification about my mail right now. Larry's mailaddress does not exist.

@Sybrand:
                            Could you find out another one that works?
                            • 26. Re: Can't download anything
                              I can't download either 11g either. It rejects my credentials the same way others are describing. And one more complaint: the download page that includes 11g shows an option button that is selected by default indicating I have accepted the license agreement, but none of the download links even work unless I manually re-select that option. Why preselect it for the user if it doesn't work until the user clicks it? If you want to force the user to select the 'accept' option to move forward with downloads, wouldn't it be smarter to not make that button the preselected one?! It's a confusing, big bowl of wrong. Many of us are here, Oracle, because we are evaluting your products to see whether you can deliver the goods. In light of this, do you think your clunky, poorly designed and non-functional Web site is a good tool for breaking the ice with your potential customers?
                              • 27. Re: Can't download anything
                                I cant download the software either, I am a strayer university student and it is required for our class. I cant believe oracle cant even create a functioning website, I think we are going to use SQL as oracle seems to be crap and unreliable.
                                • 28. Re: Can't download anything
                                  user2061441
                                  I tried calling them but, they are saying the website is funtioning just fine. Dont know what they are doing...
                                  • 29. Re: Can't download anything
                                    Girish Sharma
                                    But i am able to download the Oracle Database 10g Express Edition from below link

For Windows:
                                    http://www.oracle.com/technology/software/products/database/xe/htdocs/102xewinsoft.html
                                    OracleXE.exe (165,332,312 bytes)

And

For Linux:
                                    http://www.oracle.com/technology/software/products/database/xe/htdocs/102xelinsoft.html
                                    oracle-xe-10.2.0.1-1.0.i386.rpm RPM Package
                                    oracle-xe_10.2.0.1-1.0_i386.deb Debian package

Using DAP with internet explorer in windows xp professional sp 3.

HTH
                                    Girish Sharma