1 2 Previous Next 17 Replies Latest reply: Aug 27, 2013 11:55 AM by tluefex RSS

SQL Developer lost connection

Hello together,

I use the following SQL-Developer
      ----
      Oracle SQL Developer 2.1.0.63
      Version 2.1.0.63
      Build MAIN-63.73
      Copyright © 2005, 2009, Oracle. All Rights Reserved.
      IDE Version: 11.1.1.2.36.55.30
      Product ID: oracle.sqldeveloper
      Product Version: 11.1.1.63.73
      Version
      -------

Now I have following Problem:

Everytime when i start a store Procedure, which takes several minutes, the SQL-Developer lost the connection and I can not see if the store Procedure has finished.
      I see it only in the activity manager from the oracle manager.

In the version before it runs ok.

Can anyone help me?

Best Regards

Andreas
        • 1. Re: SQL Developer lost connection
          -K-
          What exactly happens when you say "lost the connection"? Any messages?
          So when there's no connection in sqldev, there's still activity in Oracle Manager?

K.
          • 2. Re: SQL Developer lost connection
            When i start the store procedure the ScriptRunner-Task runs the whole time.

Only in the activity manager from oracle manager I see after a while that the SQL Developer
            do nothing on the database but the ScriptRunner-Task still runs.

The only thing to check if the store procedure has finished is to stop the task and to proof.

But when I stop the ScriptRunner-Task and want to send an proof sql statement he
            give me following message:

ORA-17008: Do you want to make a connection?
            make reconnect - Abort

Then I must first close the connection and must reconnect.

I hope this information will help you.
            • 3. Re: SQL Developer lost connection
              -K-
              ScriptRunner-Task? What and how are you running exactly?

K.
              • 4. Re: SQL Developer lost connection
                SctipRunner-Task is a status bar for the executing of SQL-statements or store procedures.

And I run a store Procedure like this

declare

ID number(15);
                sql_stmt VARCHAR2(200);

cursor c1 is select TABLE_1_ID from table_1;

begin
                     for c1_rec in c1 loop
                          ID := c1_rec.TABLE_1_ID;
                          sql_stmt := 'DELETE FROM TABLE_2 WHERE TABLE_2_ID = :1';
                          EXECUTE IMMEDIATE sql_stmt USING ID;          
                     end loop;
                     commit;
                end;
                /

And with this store procedure I have never problems with an older version of SQL Developer.
                • 5. Re: SQL Developer lost connection
                  Barry Mcgillin-Oracle
                  Andreas,

Let me ask you this. When you run this standalone in the worksheet, a task will appear in the task dialog and the worksheet should be locked as it progresses.... Are you saying this closes the connection, or runs so long the connection times out?

Barry
                  • 6. Re: SQL Developer lost connection
                    Let me ask you this. When you run this standalone in the worksheet, a task will appear in the task dialog and the worksheet should be locked as it progresses....
                    Yes so is it.
                    Are you saying this closes the connection,
                    I don´t know, the connection seem to be open because the worksheet it locked.
                    I know that my store procedure run about 30 minutes, and when i check it after that time in
                    the activity manager on the oracle manager I see that my store procedure has finished.
                    But in the SQL Developer the Worksheet is still locked.
                    or runs so long the connection times out?
                    No. SQL Developer give me no message of a time out. I wait yesterday over 5 hours until I
                    find this out.
                    • 7. Re: SQL Developer lost connection
                      -K-
                      That's not a stored procedure, but an anonymous block .
                      Is there any difference between running as statement (F9) and script (F5)?
                      You did install this new version in a new, clean directory, didn't you?

K.
                      • 8. Re: SQL Developer lost connection
                        Is there any difference between running as statement (F9) and script (F5)?
                        No there is now difference.
                        You did install this new version in a new, clean directory, didn't you?
                        Yes i install it in a clean directory.
                        • 9. Re: SQL Developer lost connection
                          -K-
                          In Windows, if you run from \sqldeveloper\bin\sqldeveloper.exe, do you get any exceptions in the opened console when running that block?

K.
                          • 10. Re: SQL Developer lost connection
                            In Windows, if you run from \sqldeveloper\bin\sqldeveloper.exe, do you get any exceptions in the opened console when running that block?
                            I will try it.

What is the difference to the another sqldeveloper.exe?
                            • 11. Re: SQL Developer lost connection
                              Barry Mcgillin-Oracle
                              when you run the one in the bin directory, you get a console window as well which will send out errors to it if there is something wrong in SQL Developer that it cannot handle. It gives us material to diagnose your problem as at the moment, its impossible to say whats causing it
                              • 12. Re: SQL Developer lost connection
                                so i got now following information in the console
                                _execv() failed, err=2Finished parsing = 2
                                UsersCache.fillIn() time = 53 ret==null?: false
                                Finished parsing = 1
                                Finished parsing = 1
                                serveroutput...;, parse time = 266
                                Code completion time = 694
                                Here I terminate the locked Worksheet
                                Now I try here a simple SQL like "select * from table". I got this message
                                Finished parsing = 0
                                Now I send the SQL statement to the DB and I got than 2 question
                                if a want to reconnect. Both I answer with yes and I got the following console messages.
                                Exception occurred during event dispatching:
                                java.lang.NullPointerException
                                at oracle.dbtools.worksheet.commands.dbmsoutput.DbmsOutputPane.connectio
                                nClosed(DbmsOutputPane.java:585)
                                at oracle.dbtools.raptor.utils.Connections$1.run(Connections.java:829)
                                at java.awt.event.InvocationEvent.dispatch(InvocationEvent.java:209)
                                at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(EventQueue.java:597)
                                at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(EventDispatchThre
                                ad.java:269)
                                at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(EventDispatchThread.
                                java:184)
                                java:178)
                                at java.awt.Dialog$1.run(Dialog.java:1045)
                                at java.awt.Dialog$3.run(Dialog.java:1097)
                                at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
                                at java.awt.Dialog.show(Dialog.java:1095)
                                at java.awt.Component.show(Component.java:1563)
                                at java.awt.Component.setVisible(Component.java:1515)
                                at java.awt.Window.setVisible(Window.java:841)
                                at java.awt.Dialog.setVisible(Dialog.java:985)
                                at oracle.bali.ewt.dialog.JEWTDialog.runDialog(JEWTDialog.java:395)
                                at oracle.bali.ewt.dialog.JEWTDialog.runDialog(JEWTDialog.java:356)
                                at oracle.javatools.dialogs.BaseMessageDialog.runActualDialog(BaseMessag
                                eDialog.java:375)
                                at oracle.javatools.dialogs.BaseMessageDialog$5.doIt(BaseMessageDialog.j
                                ava:393)
                                at oracle.javatools.dialogs.BaseMessageDialog$JEWTDialogInvoker.run(Base
                                MessageDialog.java:427)
                                at oracle.javatools.dialogs.BaseMessageDialog.doInvoke(BaseMessageDialog
                                .java:404)
                                at oracle.javatools.dialogs.BaseMessageDialog.runDialog(BaseMessageDialo
                                g.java:390)
                                at oracle.dbtools.raptor.dialogs.RaptorMessageDialog.runDialog(RaptorMes
                                sageDialog.java:118)
                                at oracle.dbtools.raptor.dialogs.RaptorMessageDialog.errorAction(RaptorM
                                essageDialog.java:84)
                                at oracle.dbtools.raptor.dialogs.SQLErrorDialog.runErrorWithActionDialog
                                (SQLErrorDialog.java:131)
                                at oracle.dbtools.raptor.dialogs.SQLErrorDialog.showErrorWithActionsDial
                                og(SQLErrorDialog.java:119)
                                at oracle.dbtools.raptor.utils.ExceptionHandler.handleExceptionWithActio
                                n(ExceptionHandler.java:111)
                                at oracle.dbtools.raptor.utils.ClosedConnectionListener.reconnect(Closed
                                ConnectionListener.java:52)
                                at oracle.dbtools.raptor.utils.ClosedConnectionListener$1.run(ClosedConn
                                ectionListener.java:40)
                                at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(EventDispatchThre
                                ad.java:174)
                                at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:169)

at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:161)

at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(EventDispatchThread.java:122)
                                Finished parsing = 0
                                Exception in thread "AWT-EventQueue-0" java.lang.NullPointerException
                                at oracle.dbtools.worksheet.commands.dbmsoutput.DbmsOutputPane.connectio
                                nClosed(DbmsOutputPane.java:585)
                                at oracle.dbtools.raptor.utils.Connections$1.run(Connections.java:829)
                                at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(EventDispatchThre
                                ad.java:174)
                                at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:169)

at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:161)

at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(EventDispatchThread.java:122)
                                Finished parsing = 0
                                I hope it will help you
                                • 13. Re: SQL Developer lost connection
                                  Could you find the problem?
                                  • 14. Re: SQL Developer lost connection
                                    Hello,

i have testing different things and find out
                                    that i lose the connection when the anonymous
                                    block need more than 10 minutes.

Can I configure an option for "connection timeout"
                                    in SQL-Developer?
                                    If it is so it can solve my problem.
                                    1 2 Previous Next