This discussion is archived
12 Replies Latest reply: Dec 14, 2010 5:09 AM by 800692 RSS

Customize Search region of LOV - Basic mode

744594 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
I created an Input text with List of Values in JDev 11.1.1.2 and designed the search region of this LOV in Basic mode (disable the Advance mode) so the combo box to choose the condition of Search fields like: Contains, Start with, Equal to... disappear.
I wonder if in this Basic mode there is way to make all the search fields in "Contains" condition (Because now, by default, in my Search region, some of the search fields in "Contains" and some in "Equal to" ).
Does any one know how, please help. Thanks.

Edited by: Mun on Jan 30, 2010 10:11 PM
  • 1. Re: Customize Search region of LOV - Basic mode
    Jang-Vijay Singh Journeyer
    If the search region of your LOV is backed by a design time view criteria, you can set the operators in the view criteria definition.

Edited by: Jang Vijay Singh on Jan 30, 2010 5:05 PM
  • 2. Re: Customize Search region of LOV - Basic mode
    Mitesh Gajjar Explorer
    Did you create a View Criteria in the View Object of the LOV?

Let us say you main VO is MainVo. You have LOV VO as LovVo.

On LovVo create a view criteria with the search fields that you wish to provide for the LOV.
    There you can choose the operator as Starts With or Contains etc. This is the operator that will be used by default when you search the LOV.

In UI Hints tab set:
    <li>Search Region Mode = Basic.
    <li>Show Operators = never (if you do not want to show combo box of operators in LOV, select always if you want to show them in both Basic and Advanced Modes)

On MainVo, select the attribute where you want this LOV.
    Click on + on List of Values section. Add the LovVo as List datasource.
    In UI Hints Tab shuttle the columns you want to show.
    In Include Search Region select the view criteria you created in LovVo.

Mitesh.
  • 3. Re: Customize Search region of LOV - Basic mode
    744594 Newbie
    Hi Mitesh,

I provide here some more details:
    I want to create the LOV component as unbounded, like the Countries LOV in this post http://andrejusb.blogspot.com/2008/02/list-of-values-component-in-search-and.html. However, JDev 11.1.1.2 seems not support to do like this.
    So I find another way to create my LOV as below:
    Let's say: The view Object is MainVO which contains 2 fields: AAA and BBB.
    1. Open the MainVO, in View Accessors tab, I create a view accessor named viewAss and choose the MainVO from the available View Objects and shuttle it to the View Accessors part
    2. In Attributes tab of the MainVO, set the List of Values of AAA attribute to viewAss.

In my jspx page:
    drag the AAA from the data controls to a this jspx page by choosing: Create -- List of Values -- ADF LOV input.

So the problem here is I can't find in my viewAss the place to choose operators like Contains or Start with etc (as you suggested in the View Criteria).
  • 4. Re: Customize Search region of LOV - Basic mode
    Mitesh Gajjar Explorer
    The operators will be available in Basic Search provided you use View Criteria. In UI Hints tab for the view criteria select Show Operators as 'always' if you want them in both Basic and Advanced modes or select 'In Basic Mode' if you want them in basic mode only.
  • 5. Re: Customize Search region of LOV - Basic mode
    So the problem here is I can't find in my viewAss the place to choose operators like Contains or Start with etc (as you suggested in the View Criteria).
    I think this screenshot should illustrate what you are looking for:

Place where the operators are selected:
    [!http://bitesizedadf.googlecode.com/files/vc.gif!]

Then, edit your ViewAccessor and shuttle the above viewcriteria from 'Available' to 'Selected'

Then, edit your LOV definition as whown below:
    [!http://bitesizedadf.googlecode.com/files/lov_search.gif!]

You can download the working sample [here.|http://bitesizedadf.googlecode.com/files/LOVSearchRegion.zip]
  • 6. Re: Customize Search region of LOV - Basic mode
    Mitesh Gajjar Explorer
    Well done Jang.
  • 7. Re: Customize Search region of LOV - Basic mode
    744594 Newbie
    Hi Jang,
    Thank you so much.

I'm trying to apply your approach to my problem to see if it is possible if the View Criteria and the List of Values belong to same View Object. (Eg: View Object mainVO has a View criteria viewCri , then we set the List of values of an attribute of this mainVO to viewCri)
    Because currently I have to create LOV component as unbounded, which should be similar to the Countries LOV in this post http://andrejusb.blogspot.com/2008/02/list-of-values-component-in-search-and.html

Edited by: Mun on Feb 1, 2010 2:13 PM
  • 8. Re: Customize Search region of LOV - Basic mode
    I'm using JDev 11.1.1.2.
    Using your LOVSearchRegion, I can't access the List Search in the UI Hint tab if the LOV_DepartmentName Edit List Of Values Editor because it's disabled.
    Change the 'Default List Type' to an LOV type (not choicelist).
    In addition, is it possible if the View Criteria and the List of Values belong to same View Object.
    Yes. it is possible.
  • 9. Re: Customize Search region of LOV - Basic mode
    744594 Newbie
    Hi Jang,

now I'm successfully with the View Criteria and the LOV in same View Object.
    If possible, please help one more thing: Let's use your LOVSearchRegion as an example: We still use DepartmentName as an inputComboboxListOfValues (in test.jspx).
    And my question is: in the LOV Search result table of Search and Select: DepartmentName popup , how to change the order of 2 columns DepartmentName and DepartmentId, mean, when displaying the search result table, by default, the DepartmentId should be the first column and DepartmentName is the second column. Thanks.

Edited by: Mun on Feb 1, 2010 5:22 PM
  • 10. Re: Customize Search region of LOV - Basic mode
    Mitesh Gajjar Explorer
    This can be done in UI Hints tab of LOV_DepartmentName.

On EmployeeEv click on DepartmentName attribute. Edit LOV_DepartmentName from List of Values section.

In UI Hints tab there is a shuttle with Available and Selected columns.

The order of columns in Selected section determines how they are displayed in the Results section of the LOV.

In the Selected section when you move DepartmentId above the DepartmentName it will order your LOV search results accodingly.

Mitesh
  • 11. Re: Customize Search region of LOV - Basic mode
    744594 Newbie
    Many thanks, Jang and Mitesh
  • 12. Re: Customize Search region of LOV - Basic mode
    800692 Newbie
    Can you explain how we can disable the Adavanced button in LOV Search. I tried all the properties but i am failed to disable the Advanced option.

Kindly explain .

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points