This discussion is archived
1 2 Previous Next 21 Replies Latest reply: Feb 3, 2010 2:46 AM by Ruby Rajakumar Go to original post Branched to a new discussion. RSS
  • 15. Re: Demantra  7.2.0.1 Installation
    639762 Newbie
    Currently Being Moderated
    The reduced functionality you are speaking about is a documented bug when using in conjunction with JRE 1.6 or higher. We ran into the same problem and went with version 1.5.0_17 and this eliminated the problem. Additionally, when logging onto our EBS system, it automatically would install the 1.6 version causing the problem to happen again. To resolve this just right click on the Java icon and open the control panel. On the Java tab view BOTH Java Applet Runtime Settings and uncheck the 1.6 version to prevent it from launching.

Good Luck,
    Jamie
  • 16. Re: Demantra  7.2.0.1 Installation
    714103 Newbie
    Hi Milind,
    I have 3 Java versions, what i did is

1. I have deleted all the javas in my PC
    2. Restarted my PC
    3. Installed jsdk1.6.update 17.
    4. Again restarted the PC.

But the problem remains same. The fields in the layout designer is not available for any update.

Thanks for your time and efforts.

BR,
    Babu Ji
  • 17. Re: Demantra  7.2.0.1 Installation
    568139 Newbie
    Hi Babu,

I am also facing the same issue with 7.2. I am using JDK1.4.10.1 which came along with the demantra installation zip file. Along with this issue i am also not able to open the workflow in edit mode or add step to new workflow schema. Are you facing the same issue?

Please do update the forum if you get solution.

Regards,
    Deepak
  • 18. Re: Demantra  7.2.0.1 Installation
    684073 Explorer
    Hi Babu,

Just to clarify few things on Java requirements by Demantra application.
    - First, JDK is required only on the machine where TOMCAT is installed. (JDK is not required on client machines)
    - Secondly, The web clients uses JRE and it is recommended that you keep only one JRE version on client machines.

Your issue of seeing a blank worksheet designer wizard happens only for an unclean JRE install. (Metalink note: ID 849110.1) If you have access to Metalink, just follow the steps mentioned in this note and you should be good to go.

Cheers
    Raj
    http://oracledemantra.blogspot.com/
  • 19. Re: Demantra  7.2.0.1 Installation
    714103 Newbie
    Hi Shekhar,

In the last 2 weeks, i have tried by all means in installing DM 7.2, but i am not sure of reason that still the "layout designer" is does not display properly.

two day back i have tried installing demantra 7.3 and it got installed properly.

But now i can see that thete is not seeded data in the 7.3.

Can you help me in getting the seeded data for Oracle Demantra 7.3 for learning purpose. Like is there a site where i can download the dump seeded data for 7.3....

Sorry for the delay reply and again thanks for your time and efforts.

BR,
    Babu Ji
  • 20. Re: Demantra  7.2.0.1 Installation
    714103 Newbie
    Hi Rai,

I have installed Demantra in my PC where the TOMcat and client are in a same hard disk.

And i have tried uninstalling all JDK and installed the latest one in my PC, but still the "layout designer" is does not display properly.

two day back i have tried installing demantra 7.3 and it got installed properly.

But now i can see that thete is not seeded data in the 7.3.

Can you help me in getting the seeded data for Oracle Demantra 7.3 for learning purpose. Like is there a site where i can download the dump seeded data for 7.3....

Thanks for your time and efforts.

BR,
    Babu Ji
  • 21. Re: Demantra  7.2.0.1 Installation
    Ruby Rajakumar Explorer
    Hi Babu,
    Demantra 7.3 does not come with seeded data like 7.2 or 7.1.
    So you can install Demantra 7.2 & the upgrade to Demantra 7.3 to use 7.2's seeded data in 7.3 schema.

Refer the metalink note - Demantra 7.3 Does Not Contain Seeded Data [ID 947742.1]

Regards,
    Rubellah
1 2 Previous Next

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points