- call stack (aka dbms_utility.format_call_stack, but for the Forms PLSQL layer)
- plsql profiler (for Forms plsql)
- block UI flexibility, eg block properties to allow/disallow:
a) column drag (ie re-order the left-to-right ordering on screen at runtime)
b) column auto-width on double click
c) click on column prompt to sort ascending or descending
- item UI flexibility
a) auto-expand to fit text size within it
b) access more properties on a individual cell level (ie set_item_instance_property)
c) control over colours of more "parts" of the item, eg bevel
d) "native" hyperlink item type
e) local validation property, ie, let basic validations (is number?, is date, hi and lo val etc) be processed in the Java on the client and not back on the app server
f) auto-complete / auto-list reduction as characters are typed
I'm stressing the UI part because fundamentally, I think people still love the great db interaction that Forms gives - but have been "forced" to move away as everyone wanted "Web 2.0" looking apps - making the Forms UI look pretty antiquated. Now much of that "modern look" is possible with beans and PJC, but if Forms could provide that without resorting getting into the Java, then I think upgrading away from Forms becomes less of an imperative.
a) extend query cancel to allow it to be attached to any long running process as opposed to only on 'execute query'
- set multiple properties in one call to set_item_property
- auto complete code editor
1) Play with all the property of forms.
2) Inherited obejects should not be allowe to change the property (Dynamically, manually).
3) Like search or find some text on the form in the windows env.
4) Should allow to use plug and play component.
5) When playing with image or colour then performance should be be good.
1) DESTFORMAT = excel.
2) Allow ti increase the pagesixe, means I would liek to generate a single page report for all the data, which is
generating in the coupl of pages.
3) Vertical and horizontal scrollbar.
Mostly things in the IDE:
- "Right Click" on Variable, Procedure/Function, Package -> Go To Definition/Find Usages
- "Right Click" on Variable, Procedure/Function, Package, Item, Block -> Refactor (rename would be enough for a start)
- Define my own Color-Scheme for the PL/SQL Editor
- Save position and size for Object-Navigator and Property-Palette
- Line-Numbers in PL/SQL Editor
- Support a newer SQL-Version (NVL2 not recognized comes to mind...)
- Ability to pass some kind of a structure between a called Form back to its calling Form (globals are just an ugly hack. Maybe allow to manipulate the parameter_list that was given to the Form)
- Autocompletion at least for Packages!
- working dbms_utility.format_call_stack
- "Tabbed" Interface for open PL/SQL Editors
- Syntax-Highlighting in the Editor-Window for Record-Group, WHERE-Clause, ORDER BY-Clause, Relations
- Indent/Unindent with TAB/SHIFT-TAB in the Editor-Window for Record-Group, WHERE-Clause, ORDER BY-Clause, Relations
- Buttons to insert/delete a column in a LOV (STRG-< and STRG-> are NOT intuitiv, btw. these shortcuts are documented nowhere...)
Not sure if this is the right place here for REPORTS-Requests:
- Syntax-Highlighting in the SQL-Editor
- Indent/Unindent TAB/SHIFT-TAB in the SQL-Editor
- Line-Numbers in PL/SQL Editor
- Able to open more than 1 PL/SQL Editor (thanks ulual for pointing this out!)
Solution: SHIFT-Doubleclick on Trigger/Procedure/Function/Package and so on
Forms Builder IDE
- PL/Sql code completion
- line numbers inside the editor
- code formatter
- fmb compare (differences between two pll's mmb's or fmb's)
- CLOB / BLOB / XMLType as a column type
- Drag and drop of columns
- Resize of columns
- New look and feel
- A better text editor with more features like bold, italic, font size etc.
- cancel execution of query but also of pl/sql
- Intermingle of Swing components and Awt components inside pjc
i think its enough questions let Mr.Grant read them.
My queston is that,i want the report server of Forms [32 Bit] Version 10.1.2.0.2 (Production) should work like previous versions.
i have seen so many users they are facing the problem in report server.
And also there are so many users they are using Ms loopback adapter for report server to work perfectly.
Is it possible to start report server in Forms [32 Bit] Version 10.1.2.0.2 (Production) by using windows services?
- Code completition
- Auto ident
- Line numbers
Design / Itens:
- Image Type: Be able to chage image format with set_item_property and set_item_instance_property
- Blob Container: A item type, non visual, to hold lob types family.
- Define position of itens in pixels.
- Image Type: Support to PNG
- Not a java applet, but a real web application with ajax, css and anything else, XHTML compatible so we will be able to run aplications at any plattaform, including mobile.
I seen lot of people migrating from forms to Java, Forms becoming day by day problematic for companies, It is sort of half cooked prooduct.
Nice features to have
(1) Webutil standard lot of config issues to go thru still, Also help files sometimes have lot of typo errors, Read the help files before making the version production version and released to users
(2) User interface look and feel, Forms look and feel is so pale or bland look
(3) Reports it has been years and years of new releases but excel integration is not seamless still lot of issues
(4) Lot of triggers in forms like transactional and navigational and smart class trigger and interface triggers and user triggers and keep going on...
(5) Why not we have in built java editor and developer can sort of code along the same lines of JSP page or mix forms with java more and more instead of new tools, Why not those tools be merged with forms or atleast part of functionality.
(6) Flat file functionality alway problem may be lot of issues solved with webutil but it has to be more to robust and ease of use
(7) Forms sometimes in developement environment dies with fatal error and it is lot difficult to trace the problem, Instead of forms dying it will be useful give all the errors.
(8) Reports lot of problems with the parent frame and other frames lot of confusion, Why can't we have easier interface like Business objects, I know discoverer and other or there for such purposes , Why not merge some good functionality with reports?
(9) Weblogic integration, I did not work on 11g but looks like lot of installtion issues, May be this will be simplified after another 5 years and we will see lot of white papers from Oracle
I tried to put writing from developers view point but I feel day by day forms is going away, I myself feel terrible mistake not moved to .net or J2ee, May be new guys can better move on to new platforms. Lot of companies moving away and Oracle has to annonce forms is not going away.