This discussion is archived
1 2 3 Previous Next 44 Replies Latest reply: Jan 25, 2011 7:31 AM by Justin Cave Go to original post RSS
  • 30. Re: "My Oracle Support" a non-starter
    Srini Chavali-Oracle Oracle ACE Director
    Currently Being Moderated
    I would encourage all that are facing issues to provide feedback to Oracle in one or more of the following ways -

1. Use the "Contact Us" link in MOS (which creates a non-technical SR)
    2. Respond to blog posts at the Support blog sites - http://blogs.oracle.com/support and http://blogs.oracle.com/supportportal
    3. Respond to survey being run by Daniel Fink - http://www.misterpoll.com/polls/460968
    4. If your organization has an Oracle Service Delivery Manager, pl send him/her an email requesting that your feedback be forwarded on to Support Management.

I have done all four.

HTH
    Srini
  • 31. Re: "My Oracle Support" a non-starter
    Hans Forbrich Oracle ACE Director
    Hans Forbrich wrote:
    Chris Slattery wrote:
    Now correct me if I'm wrong but didn't Oracle buy Orion many years ago anyway ?
    Probably a different beast (from the one I'm thinking about)

Oracle bought the J2EE engine called 'Orion' from 'Iron Flare' and that became the OC4J J2EE engine behind our beloved Oracle Application Server. It competes with WebLogic Server, and I am pretty confident which one would win out under the 'new and improved' system.

Then again, there may be other Orions out there.
    Just stumbled across this Sept 2007 blog http://ebusinessuite.wordpress.com/ in which the author mentions "I found out that Oracle it redeveloping Metalink and the project is called Project Orion"

I guess that Oracle HAS given this a lot of time, thought and energy. Perhaps not enough discussion with their 'bread and butter' DBA folk to my liking (then again, maybe on purpose ... some of us are somewhat stick-in-the-muds), and perhaps it could have used a bit more 'stress and sizing' test with the Flash equivalent of RAT, but they have given it a lot of time and energy.
  • 32. Re: "My Oracle Support" a non-starter
    427906 Explorer
    7 days since Metalink went now.

Richard Miller is still stuck on "Flash is Great" and refuses to countenance that the old way might be better

http://blogs.oracle.com/supportportal/2009/10/part_three_--special_areas_o.html#comments

Well done to Hans for trying to get through to him.

I love the "HTMLDB" couldn't do it for them - "Oh the testing matrix for AJAX would be huge" .. Oh dear oh dear. It seems that the Flash one was quite big too and a lot of it was missed eh ?
  • 33. Re: "My Oracle Support" a non-starter
    Lubiez Jean-Valentin Guru
    Hello,

I got the same problem and I could solve it by clicking on [Register - here].

You'll find way on the [Troubleshouting Login Issues] on the login page.

Best regards,
    Jean-Valentin
  • 34. Re: "My Oracle Support" a non-starter
    735296 Newbie
    You may not find help in the documents.

I have several of my Metalink users who's account is aparently "Corrupt". They cannot log in, I can see as an admin they have an account tied to a CSI number, but when you go to either the Lost Username or Lost Password, it cannot find the user. Support has supposedly been working on them for over a week.

As an admin, I can only change a users physical address and assign CSI's. I can no longer un-freeze or reset passwords. Admin tab is worthless.

Not to mention the performance, both Flash and HTML are abysmal.

Or the fact I cannot see any documents in the knowledge tool with the flash version.

Did I mention performance?
  • 35. Re: "My Oracle Support" a non-starter
    Daryl E. Explorer
    And down again ...
    Received timeout from KM backend. Try again later

:-)
  • 36. Re: "My Oracle Support" a non-starter
    cashef Newbie
    Down again today...

Kashif
  • 37. Re: "My Oracle Support" a non-starter
    546494 Journeyer
    metalink is absolute pants.

I have a major emergency on a system to day and need an SR but this new MOS sucks so bad. its an absolute disgrace.
  • 38. Re: "My Oracle Support" a non-starter
    user88577 Newbie
    down again today .... I'm usually connected 8hrs per day on Metalink ... i mean ... i was ... coz now of course it's impossible: connection loose, performance degradation, time-out, soap errors .....
    I think my work efficiency has decreased from 30% at least.

Of course i suspect that it's the same for Oracle support analysts....
  • 39. Re: "My Oracle Support" a non-starter
    cashef Newbie
    Its back up again finally.

There is a notice of 'Community Outage Planned for Weekend of February 5, 2010'.

Probably Oracle was doing a test run of this upcoming outage today.

Kashif
  • 40. Re: "My Oracle Support" a non-starter
    riedelme Expert
    user8664384 wrote:
    Probably Oracle was doing a test run of this upcoming outage today.
    I guesss that test was successful :)
  • 41. Re: "My Oracle Support" a non-starter
    797184 Newbie
    I am still having many problems with My Oracle Support, the last couple of weeks have been really bad, it keeps disconnecting me. I wonder if they can hire some people from Facebook to redesign it. Has anyone heard any updates when they are going to get rid of flash etc? I can't believe Oracle is not able to fix this mess.
  • 42. Re: "My Oracle Support" a non-starter
    jgarry Guru
    I guess you've never really looked at facebook. Since they have an API that is vulnerable to any security hole in any app, cross-domain JSON techniques to the API running in an i-frame allows simple XSS injection attacks, including a fake MD5 signature from user session information. Not very good design at all.

It's worse than flash.
  • 43. Re: "My Oracle Support" a non-starter
    797184 Newbie
    We are talking about usability and performance here, not developers accessing an API in a secure manner. I think if anyone compares the usability factor of My Oracle Support with Facebook , it is no contest. I will stick to my point that Facebook could teach the My Oracle Support designers a few things about how users interact with websites. Oracle did not become the #1 database because it is "slow and clunky but secure", it is fast and secure.

I won't debate anymore except to say MOS is a step down from the old html metalink, but I will look forward to being proved wrong in the future.
  • 44. Re: "My Oracle Support" a non-starter
    Justin Cave Oracle ACE
    794181 wrote:
    I won't debate anymore except to say MOS is a step down from the old html metalink, but I will look forward to being proved wrong in the future.
    Are you aware that there is a non-Flash version of MOS?

http://supporthtml.oracle.com

I still generally prefer the old Metalink interface. But it is nice to be able to avoid Flash.

Justin
1 2 3 Previous Next

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points