This discussion is archived
1 Reply Latest reply: Feb 5, 2010 4:32 PM by 654136 RSS

Regarding wlss work managers

654136 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
I am using WLSS 3.1-MP1. I have couple of doubts regarding work managers wlss.timer & wlss.transport.

1. Minimum Threads Constraint : Weblogic documentation says "+The minimum number of threads allocated to resolve deadlocks+". Does it mean that these threads won't be used to process messages & timers ? What happens if this constraint is not specified ?

2. wlss.timer : WebLogic document says "+SIP timers are processed by a work manager named wlss timer+". Does it mean application level timers (ServletTimer) or the container level timers (e.g. transaction timers etc..)

3. wlss.transport : I am assuming the MaxThreadsConstraints specified for this work manager tells maximum number of threads that can process incoming SIP messages (requests and responses) for new and existing sessions...Am I right?

Thanks,
KeDar
  • 1. Re: Regarding wlss work managers
    user94397 - oracle Newbie
    Currently Being Moderated
    Yes wlss.timer work manager handles execution of all the timers (application or container/protocol level)
    Similarly wlss.transport is workmanager for handling all the sip messages

Regarding WM's, it is more of core weblogic query. But IMO

Minimum Threads Constraint : Essentially means that at least that many threads will be working for the given WorkManager out of common pool of threads
    and
    Maximum Threads Constraint on workmanager essentially means at most that many threads will be working for the given WorkManager out of common pool of threads

IMO If no Minimum Threads Constraint is specified then still that WM will get threads as per need till pool has some idle threads and/or we are still below pool capacity where in new thread will be spawned.

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points