1 2 Previous Next 16 Replies Latest reply: Jul 23, 2013 6:58 AM by Stephen_B RSS

pending / outstanding local changes in OBEO

snmdla
      Dear B-keepers,

we have several users, where Outlook with OBEO display pending / outstanding local changes.

(German: "NNN lokale Änderungen stehen aus")

Who knows how to track down and resolve such issues?

Regards, Thomas
        • 1. Re: pending / outstanding local changes in OBEO
          I have this problem as well, i.e. I have a permanent "2 local change(s) pending" message displayed in my Outlook status bar. It increases as I make changes, then decreases back to 2 as I finish changes. I have no idea why 2 changes are "stuck" like this.

-Travis
          • 2. Re: pending / outstanding local changes in OBEO
            Frane
            Me too:(

All the time there is a note 2 local changes pending???
            • 3. Re: pending / outstanding local changes in OBEO
              Hello Thomas,

You can try to do the following on Outlook

Go on menu View/Synchronization Issues

A new windows will open. From there you can discard, cancel and resolve the bloking the sync issues

Regards
              Fred
              • 4. Re: pending / outstanding local changes in OBEO
                snmdla
                Fred,

thanks. We know this dialogue. But in the cases I'm talking about, this dialogue show no entries to resolve.

(we also have some peculiar other cases where the sync issues dialogue does show entries, but all choices "repeat/discard/open" are greyed out)

Regards, Thomas
                • 5. Re: pending / outstanding local changes in OBEO
                  have you try to do a right click on the inbox folder, then properties / Administration tab then check for a folder actions

HTH
                  Fred
                  • 6. Re: pending / outstanding local changes in OBEO
                    snmdla
                    Fred,

which folder action are you referring to: reset folder?

As we do not know which folder the pending changes are referring to, it might be any folder that we might need to examine.

Regards, Thomas
                    • 7. Re: pending / outstanding local changes in OBEO
                      yes, indeed
                      • 8. Re: pending / outstanding local changes in OBEO
                        snmdla
                        Frederic,

for an affected user with over 1000 outstanding changes, I did a reset of forder inbox and sent items, and the number of outstanding changes decreased to 822.

That's what I meant: the problem is not confined to a single or only a few folders, and we cannot know which folders are affected.

Regards, Thomas
                        • 9. Re: pending / outstanding local changes in OBEO
                          I had this problem, with 258 changes pending. Resetting all the folders did nothing - except reveal about 1000+ messages in my server-side 'Deleted Items' folder that hadn't showed up before. However, deleting all of those (again) didn't fix the problem.

Here's what I did for a fix:

1. Make sure you have a fast and reliable connection. I was VPN'd in, but I don't know if it's critical to be on the internal network.

2. Go into Windows Control Panel and via the Mail->Profiles function copy the existing 'Beehive' profile to 'Beehive 2' (just as a security measure!) and then remove the Beehive profile.

3. In the Windows Start menu choose All Programs->Oracle Beehive->New Outlook Profile - Beehive. (This is the command C:\WINDOWS\ORCLOBI\config\OBEOconfig.exe /NEWPROFILE ) Call the profile "Beehive" and fill in your email details as usual.

4. When the profile has been created, start up Outlook as normal and the new profile will be used. You'll have to wait while your local workspace gets re-sync'd with Contacts, Calendar, Tasks, Inbox and (longest of all) the Global Address List. It takes some minutes.

5. If you've previously had local foolders set up (a .pst file) in the default location, this will be picked up automatically in your new profile (neat!). The difference you should see is that there are no changes pending any more (hurrah!).

Anyway, it worked for me. You can now remove your 'Beehive 2' profile - making sure that you don't remove the new one you've just created!

Hope this works for others.

-Bernard

Edited by: Bernard.Wheeler on Feb 13, 2010 3:52 AM
                          • 10. Re: pending / outstanding local changes in OBEO
                            snmdla
                            Bernard,

as far as I understand it, your suggested workaround could be somewhat dangerous. Pending changes means that changes to the local cache could not be written to the server. With the presumably unsupported workaround, I believe you are tricking Outlook into believing that all is in sync with the server, which it probably is not.

IMHO, OBEO should be more verbose about what the pending changes actually are, so that the user knows, e.g., which folder needs to be reset.

Regards, Thomas
                            • 11. Re: pending / outstanding local changes in OBEO
                              Murat Çelebi
                              Hello,

I tried this workaround but it didnt work for me.

Thanks
                              • 12. Re: pending / outstanding local changes in OBEO
                                snmdla
                                Murat,

the support recommendation is to move on to the 2.0.1.2 client. They said that the latest OBEO versions have enhancements for avoiding such situations and also enhancements in reconciling such situations.

Regards, Thomas
                                • 13. Re: pending / outstanding local changes in OBEO
                                  Has there been a resolution to this issue with outlook 2003 showing local change(s) pending ? If you have been able to resolve this can you post your solution to this thread.
                                  • 14. Re: pending / outstanding local changes in OBEO
                                    snmdla
                                    To my knowledge, the enhancements that came with the 2.0.1.2 client focused on avoiding new occurances of this problem.

So my suggestion would be to close Outlook, go to the OBEO profile dialogue and clean outstanding local changes.

That would be a dialogue similar to the following:

control panel / mail / mail accounts / modify existing / change / advanced settings / Administration / [x] pending updates <reset>

(loose translation from German windows)

In our case the occurance of new unresolvable upload errors went down drastically (near to zero) after upgrading the client and resetting the pending changes

HTH, Thomas
                                    1 2 Previous Next