3 Replies Latest reply: Feb 10, 2010 4:04 PM by 701291 RSS

logminer problem

Hi :

why my v$logmnr_contents have NULL in Session_info and username columns.
      I hope this is not an error of my DB.
      I'm workin with 10G r2 in windows 2003 server

thank
      Remi
        • 1. Re: logminer problem
          Anurag Tibrewal
          user5597900 wrote:
          Hi :

why my v$logmnr_contents have NULL in Session_info and username columns.
          I hope this is not an error of my DB.
          I'm workin with 10G r2 in windows 2003 server

thank
          Remi
          Hi,

You need to check MOS ID 110301.1 for more information why these two columns are null.

Regards
          Anurag
          • 2. Re: logminer problem
            P.Forstmann
            From http://download.oracle.com/docs/cd/B19306_01/server.102/b14215/logminer.htm#sthref1894

>

You must enable supplemental logging prior to generating log files that will be analyzed by LogMiner.

When you enable supplemental logging, additional information is recorded in the redo stream that is needed to make the information in the redo log files useful to you. Therefore, at the very least, you must enable minimal supplemental logging, as the following SQL statement shows:

ALTER DATABASE ADD SUPPLEMENTAL LOG DATA;

To determine whether supplemental logging is enabled, query the V$DATABASE view, as the following SQL statement shows:

SELECT SUPPLEMENTAL_LOG_DATA_MIN FROM V$DATABASE;

• 3. Re: logminer problem
              I alredy read information in MOS, but nothing comes up, and none of your anserws help me.

I read all the information you give me, i'm not new in Oracle, so please if you know something that really matters, let me know.

thank you.