2 Replies Latest reply: Feb 10, 2010 10:05 PM by 751767 RSS

Schemas in Oracle Clinical

Hi All,

Please provide information on the followings.

Schemas in Oracle Clinical: What are those? Why schemas are required? Significance.
      Significance of Branching in Oracle Clinical.
      How to set conditions for Indicator Questions

Regards,
      Shiva
        • 1. Re: Schemas in Oracle Clinical
          Shivaramakrishna wrote:
          Hi All,

Please provide information on the followings.

Schemas in Oracle Clinical: What are those? Why schemas are required? Significance.
          Significance of Branching in Oracle Clinical.
          How to set conditions for Indicator Questions

Regards,
          Shiva
          Here is my understanding of the questions you ask:

Schemas: this is basically just another term for "user". Schemas can own objects and are differentiated in order to manage access to the database and the privileges for writing/reading. The only context in which I actually use this term is when providing a SAS programmer information about reading Dx views for a given study. I'll say the schema for the Dx is "S123456$SNAPSHOTYYYYMMDD". This "schema" is just the owner of that particular set of views. There is no significance to this term. In my experience it just tends to confuse people.

Branching: I don't know what you mean here. But if you mean Conditional Branching in DCM definition, then this is just a feature to control cursor flow within a DCM. For example if you have a question with an "other, specify" field, you can set up the cursor flow to skip the specify field unless the previous question is answered "other". If you mean something else, e.g. branching in RDC 4.6 etc. for complex study designs, then I have no answer for you.

Conditions for Indicator Questions: These are defined in the DCM QG Questions module. You tick the "Indicator?" flag and provide an indicator value. I'm not sure what further "conditions" you mean to set. There is also pretty good information about this in the OC documentation.

Hope this helps.
          • 2. Re: Schemas in Oracle Clinical
            Hi,

Thank you very much for the information. Very useful.

Regards,
            Shiva