6 Replies Latest reply on Feb 25, 2010 12:18 AM by 723876

Ensuring all components are functioning

How do I check if all components are functioning correctly?
      I have made DB image up and running and AbbBatch seems to connect to DB. Now, how should I check if Tuxedo and PIA are functioning properly?

I am asking because I receive the following message while opening http://pia_imagename:8000/ps
      The application server is down at this time.
      CHECK APPSERVER LOGS. THE SITE BOOTED WITH INTERNAL DEFAULT SETTINGS, BECAUSE OF: bea.jolt.ServiceException: Invalid Session

Edited by: Ivan Levendyan on Nov 12, 2009 1:48 AM
        • 1. Re: Ensuring all components are functioning
          Okay, I have realized that you need to manually start all components after reboot.
          For PIA: $PS_HOME/webserv/peoplesoft/bin/startPIA.sh

For appbatch: $PS_HOME/appserv/psadmin $1 start -d $2
          How do I know the $2 parameter (server instance)?
          • 2. Re: Ensuring all components are functioning
            Nicolas.Gasparotto
            In case of doubt, you could use the ./psadmin menu.

Nicolas.
            • 3. Re: Ensuring all components are functioning
              I have tried that, put pasadmin tells me that there are no registered domains at all.

So it seems that in order to start all processes after reboot you have issue that commands manually and I am just wondering why not to include this to the default boot sequence or simply put these lines into walkthrough doc? This applies to all images, actually.

Can someone share the lines of domains booting code (default domain names) or a script doing so?
              • 4. Re: Ensuring all components are functioning
                Ivan,

On the App/Batch server, the default domain name is APPDOM, hosted by psadm2 user.
                In all cases, you'll need be sure your db connection is working before running the Appserver.
                Try :
                sqlplus sysadm/SYSADM@YOUR_DB_NAME
                If that does not work, modify the /etc/tnsnames.ora (owned by root) file according to your DBNAME.
                Be careful, somehow, in this tnsnames.ora, SID= is used, replace it by SERVICE_NAME=... Furthermore, the SERVICE_NAME is under the form YOUR_DB_NAME.corp.peoplesoft.com, you could confirm by running the following on the database server as oracle user :
                lsnrctl status
                Nicolas.
                • 5. Re: Ensuring all components are functioning
                  psadminMD
                  You will not see the domain if you are not using the correct user (i.e. psadm1 vs psadm2). Once you run psadmin with the correct user, you will see the domain listed.
                  • 6. Re: Ensuring all components are functioning
                    I think that Nicholas has already implied this but pretty much what you should so is sign on to the AppBatch VM as psadm2, change directory to /opt/oracle/psft/pt/tools/appserv and run the psadmin executable. From there you can manage domains etc. The command you were asking about is the psadmin command line, the command you were wondering about would have been psadmin -c boot -d APPDOM

You can find more about PSAdmin command line options by issuing the command psadmin -h