This discussion is archived
13 Replies Latest reply: Aug 19, 2013 2:31 AM by Timo Hahn RSS

Unable to deploy ADF application to weblogic server

727467 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hi,

We are developing ADF application using jDeveloper 11.1.1.1 and deploying to Weblogic Server 10.3.1. The application is working without any problems on 10.3.1 wblogic platform.

We procured new 64 bit hardware and installed weblogic 10.3.2 and jdeveloper 11.1.1.2 on windows platform. When we are deploying the application developed using jdeveloper 11.1.1.1 on the new platform we are getting the following exception.

An error occurred during activation of changes, please see the log for details.
[J2EE:160149]Error while processing library references. Unresolved application library references, defined in weblogic-application.xml: [Extension-Name: adf.oracle.domain, Implementation-Version: 11.1.1.1.0, exact-match: false], [Extension-Name: oracle.jsp.next, exact-match: false].

Can you please provide some suggestions to debug the problem.

Thanks and Regards,

S R Prasad
  • 1. Re: Unable to deploy ADF application to weblogic server
    Timo Hahn Oracle ACE
    IF you installed wls 10.3.2 you have to rebuild the app using jdev 11.1.1.2.0. The wls version you are using on the new hardware works with a newer version of the adf libraries.
    You should upgrate your app to jdev11.1.1.2.0.

Timo
  • 2. Re: Unable to deploy ADF application to weblogic server
    Arunkumar Ramamoorthy Guru
    Hi Prasad,

Did you open the application in the JDev 11.1.1.2.0, recompiled and generated ear file again? I suspect you are deploying the ear file you created in 11.1.1.1.0 directly in 11.1.1.2.0, due to which your weblogic-application.xml file is not updated with proper version of oracle.adf.domain library.

-Arun
  • 3. Re: Unable to deploy ADF application to weblogic server
    727467 Newbie
    Hi,

I am downloading the latest version of jdeveloper. But I don't think this is an issue with the jDeveloper 11.1.1.2.0 as the weblogic runtime should be comatible with the older jDeveloper 11g.

Thanks and Regards,

S R Prasad
  • 4. Re: Unable to deploy ADF application to weblogic server
    Timo Hahn Oracle ACE
    You said:
    We procured new 64 bit hardware and installed weblogic 10.3.2 and jdeveloper 11.1.1.2 on windows platform. When we are deploying the application developed using jdeveloper 11.1.1.1 on the new platform we are getting the following exception.
    This means you installed a new adf runtime on your server. This version is NOT backwards compatible with the on you used to develop the app.

Timo
  • 5. Re: Unable to deploy ADF application to weblogic server
    Vinod T Krishnan Explorer
    please add this entry to the weblogic-application.xml from your application resources
    <library-ref>
    <library-name>adf.oracle.domain</library-name>
    </library-ref>
  • 6. Re: Unable to deploy ADF application to weblogic server
    727467 Newbie
    Hi,

I have tried deploying the application using jdeveloper 11.1.1.2.0, But this time I am getting the following error after commenting the following lines in weblogic-application.xml. I have removed the following lines as I am getting classnot found exception for oracle.adf.share.weblogic.listeners.ADFApplicationLifecycleListener and oracle.mds.lcm.weblogic.WLLifecycleListener.

If I deployed the application on the admin server, The application is working with out any problems. I am having problems only on Managed Server at the time of deployment.

<listener>
    <listener-class>oracle.adf.share.weblogic.listeners.ADFApplicationLifecycleListener</listener-class>
    </listener>
    <listener>
    <listener-class>oracle.mds.lcm.weblogic.WLLifecycleListener</listener-class>
    </listener>

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: oracle/adf/share/logging/ADFLogger
    at java.lang.Class.getDeclaredFields0(Native Method)
    at java.lang.Class.privateGetDeclaredFields(Class.java:2291)
    at java.lang.Class.getDeclaredFields(Class.java:1743)
    at weblogic.j2ee.dd.xml.BaseJ2eeAnnotationProcessor.getFields(BaseJ2eeAnnotationProcessor.java:973)
    at weblogic.j2ee.dd.xml.BaseJ2eeAnnotationProcessor.getFields(BaseJ2eeAnnotationProcessor.java:966)
    Truncated. see log file for complete stacktrace
    Caused By: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: oracle/adf/share/logging/ADFLogger
    at java.lang.Class.getDeclaredFields0(Native Method)
    at java.lang.Class.privateGetDeclaredFields(Class.java:2291)
    at java.lang.Class.getDeclaredFields(Class.java:1743)
    at weblogic.j2ee.dd.xml.BaseJ2eeAnnotationProcessor.getFields(BaseJ2eeAnnotationProcessor.java:973)
    at weblogic.j2ee.dd.xml.BaseJ2eeAnnotationProcessor.getFields(BaseJ2eeAnnotationProcessor.java:966)
    Truncated. see log file for complete stacktrace

I installed weblogic with the following steps.

1. Install weblogic 10.3.2 (64 bit)
    2. Install jdeveloper (ADF runtime only)
    3. Launch configuration wizard.
    4. create domain.
    5. extend domain with jrf libraries.
    5. create managed server

Thanks and Regards,

S R Prasad
  • 7. Re: Unable to deploy ADF application to weblogic server
    Shay Shmeltzer Employee ACE
    This might help:
    http://andrejusb.blogspot.com/2009/09/hint-for-oracle-adf-application.html
  • 8. Re: Unable to deploy ADF application to weblogic server
    727467 Newbie
    Hi Shay,

We don't have the Enterprise Manager. Is there any other possibility to configure the jrf runtime for the managed server. One more observation, while creating the domain if we check the jrf libraries the installer is installing only on admin server, but not on the managed server (we can see in the summary screen of the configuration wizard).

Thanks and Regards,

S R Prasad
  • 9. Re: Unable to deploy ADF application to weblogic server
    727467 Newbie
    The application is running fine on the admin server. But when I edit the application and change the target to deploy the application to managed server (I also tried with cloning the AdminServer), or deploy to the managed server I am getting the following exception. Now it has removed the weblogic 11.1.1.0 part from the error message.

An error occurred during activation of changes, please see the log for details.
    [J2EE:160149]Error while processing library references. Unresolved application library references, defined in weblogic-application.xml: [Extension-Name: adf.oracle.domain, exact-match: false], [Extension-Name: oracle.jsp.next, exact-match: false].
  • 10. Re: Unable to deploy ADF application to weblogic server
    Timo Hahn Oracle ACE
    The problem is that you extended the domain with the jsf libraries before you created the managed server.
    Now the managed server does not know about the adf libs.
    You can open the admin console for your domain, select each of the libraries you see (one at a time) go to the target tab and set the check mark for your managed server as a target.
    I don't know if you need all libraries (i guess not) but is does not do any harm to select them all.

The easier way to do this is described by the blog entry Shay mentioned. It may be wise to install the enterprise manager too.

Timo
  • 11. Re: Unable to deploy ADF application to weblogic server
    727467 Newbie
    Hi,

Still I am struggling for deploying the ADF application to the managed server. I tried several options like creating the managed server before extending the domain, after extending the domain, extending the domain with jrta template, applying the adf libraries (not jdeveloper) and em. At present I am not getting the application library reference error. But I am getting the following error while deploying the application to the managed server (on admin server there are no issues in any combination of the above configurations).

[03:58:10 PM] Weblogic Server Exception: weblogic.management.DeploymentException:
    [03:58:10 PM] Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: oracle.mds.lcm.weblogic.WLLifecycleListener
    [03:58:10 PM] See server logs or server console for more details.
    [03:58:10 PM] weblogic.management.DeploymentException:
    [03:58:10 PM] #### Deployment incomplete. ####
    [03:58:10 PM] Remote deployment failed (oracle.jdevimpl.deploy.common.Jsr88RemoteDeployer)

Even I comment the listeneres oracle.adf.share.weblogic.listeners.ADFApplicationLifecycleListener/oracle.mds.lcm.weblogic.WLLifecycleListener in weblogic-application.xml, I am getting the above error and jdeveloper is automatically adding those lines for listeners.

The following are my environment details:

1. windows 2008 sp2 64bit operating system
    2. weblogic 10.3.2 64 bit
    3. jdeveloper 64 bit.

Thanks and Regards,

S R Prasad
  • 12. Re: Unable to deploy ADF application to weblogic server
    Supravat Newbie

Dear Prasad,

Could you please inform how did you solve this issue. I am also getting the same error while deploying.

Thanks,

Supravat.

• 13. Re: Unable to deploy ADF application to weblogic server
    Timo Hahn Oracle ACE

Supravat, please don't hijack an old thread (>3 Years) to ask your question.

Open a new thread of your own, giving us information about your current environment and description of your problem. And don't forget to mention your jdev version!

Timo

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points