This discussion is archived
1 2 3 Previous Next 35 Replies Latest reply: Mar 12, 2010 10:11 AM by dprabhu Go to original post RSS
  • 15. Re: Communicator could not publish the presence
    dprabhu Newbie
    Currently Being Moderated
    Hi Ahmad,
    i try it but no luck , however i try to reinstall OWLCS on same machine that host Oracle identity management every thing goes fine but when user try login to Oracle Communication client give me error "" Registration Error ( 405 )
    You had an installation up and running where users could successfully sign in. Could you please revisit that installation and try to debug presence? Please take a look at the logs to see if there are any exceptions.

Registration error 405 can be due to the following:

- Not all applications have been successfully deployed on the server
    - There is some other process (such as Oracle Communicator) listening on port 5060 of the machine you are trying to connect to. When the REGISTER request from your client reaches the server, instead of the server responding, this other process responds which does not support REGISTER method
    1.How to configure Oracle Weblogic Comminucation Server to user LDAP because its not clear in the document ?
    http://download.oracle.com/docs/cd/E12839_01/doc.1111/e13806/securityoverview.htm#CJAJEFHF

I suggest you get OWLCS to work completely without any issues with backend Oracle DB before you make configuration changes to connect to backend LDAP (OID). Very clear step-by-step instructions are provided to configure OWLCS against OID at the following location:

http://download.oracle.com/docs/cd/E12839_01/doc.1111/e13806/securityoverview.htm#sthref111

Please take a look at section "5.12 Provisioning Resources in Oracle Internet Directory"

Please follow steps carefully. Once again, it's important that you get OWLCS working completely before you make this change, else it will be difficult to debug any issues that you may encounter.

Also, after configuring OWLCS to use backend OID, as mentioned in the doc, if users are already configured in OID, they have to reset their passwords before they can sign in. This is because OWLCS uses a static verifier which must be correctly populated before users can sign in. If you create users after OWLCS is configured with OID, no problem. Only existing users need to reset their passwords before they can sign in.
    2. What is the best scenario to install Oracle Fusion middleware component such as ( Webcenter 11g , SOA 11g , Content Managment and OWLCS ) on same server with single domain and different logical servers without effecting any configuration or should be in separate physical servers . ?
    Suggest you install OWLCS in its own domain and get it working before you try any other complex scenarios. Please contact WebCenter, SOA, or Content Management support for suggestion on how to install all of them together.
  • 16. Re: Communicator could not publish the presence
    673322 Newbie
    I am getting a server refused registration 403 error. What should be the domain name int he sip server domain alias if the server name is server1.us.oracle.com. The account I created is using the following command

I can alsos ee the accounts created in my security realm. All the applciations are active and running and server is listening on port 5060.
  • 17. Re: Communicator could not publish the presence
    dprabhu Newbie
    Hi,

You forgot to include the command used to create user accounts.

You can configure the server with any SIP domain, and is independent of the name of the host. If you configure the server for SIP domain "example.com", make sure that you have example.com listed in /etc/hosts pointing to the IP address of your server.

Please also include client-side settings you're using to connect to your running server.

- Dev
  • 18. Re: Communicator could not publish the presence
    673322 Newbie
    identity add privateId=test.user1 publicId=sip:test.user1@server02.us.oracle.com role="Location Service" realm=server02.us.oracle.com password=welcome1

Basically the weblogic consol url is http://server02.us.oracle.com:7001/console

In communicator
    User a proxy server is checked Address: server02.us.oracle.com
    XDMS setting is checked Host: server2.us.oracle.com port:7001

(Note, I am using all in one administation server, no managed servers).

ldpa setting: ldap.server02.us.oracle.com (I am not sure if its using ldap, it just had that by default so i am mentioning it)

I am not using example.com but i am using server02.us.oracle.com as the realm.

etc hosts has the server02.us.oracle.com and i can ping the server using the domain name from the box where the oracle communicator is installed. The OLWCS is installed on Enterprise Linux.

Another question I have is, in the installation notes it says if i want to use another realm than examplecom (which is what i am using) then I neeed to do the followign changes. Do I just need to do the SIP server change for domain alias or all the rest also?

Changing Realm from example.com
    The out-of-the-box realm (example.com) should be changed to reflect the realm and
    domain of your deployment. Make these modifications to the realm and domain:
    ■ SIP Server
    1. Login to the Console; for example:
    http://weblogic.example.com:7001/console
    2. Click the SipServer link on left navigation pane.
    3. In the Configuration->General tab, scroll down to Domain Aliases: and enter
    the realm you want to choose (for example: myrealm.com).
    ■ Digest Authentication
    1. Login to the Console; for example:
    http://weblogic.example.com:7001/console
    2. Click Security Realms on the left navigation pane.
    3. Click myRealm.
    4. Click the Providers tab.
    5. Click DigestIdentityAsserter.
    6. Click Provider Specific tab.
    7. Scroll down to DigestRealmName attribute and choose the appropriate realm
    (for example: myrealm.com).
    ■ Aggregation Proxy
    1. Start JConsole as outlined in Starting JConsole to Modify MBeans on UNIX.
    Use $DOMAIN_HOME is the directory of your domain, (that is, $MW_HOME/user_
    projects/domains/base_domain)
    <admin server host>: The host name of the machine on which you installed
    the server
    <admin server port>: The port on which the admin server is listening
    In our example, <admin server port> is 7001.
    2. Click the MBeans tab.
    3. Change value of the following mbean attribute for AggregationProxy mbean:
    Realm = <yourcompany>
    ■ P-Asserted Identity URI for Third-Party Call Control
    1. Start JConsole, using the following parameters on Machine 1, as outlined in
    Section 5.3.5, "Starting JConsole to Modify MBeans on UNIX".
    Use $DOMAIN_HOME is the directory of your domain, i.e, $MW_HOME/user_
    projects/domains/base_domain
    <admin server host>: The host name of the machine on which you installed
    the server
    Configuring an All-in-One Administration Server
    5-10 Oracle WebLogic Communication Services Installation Guide
    <admin server port>: The port on which the admin server is listening
    In our example, <admin server port> is 7001.
    2. Click the MBeans tab.
    3. Change value of the following mbean attribute for ThirdPartyCall mbean:
    PAssertedIdentityURI=sip:tpcc.user@<your realm>
    Configure Machine with the new realm:
    – UNIX: /etc/hosts
    – Windows: C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\etc\hosts
  • 19. Re: Communicator could not publish the presence
    673322 Newbie
    Also here is my etc/hosts (I am hiding the actual ip with xx below)

# that require network functionality will fail.
    127.0.0.1 localhost.localdomain localhost
    xx.xx.xx.xxx server02.us.oracle.com server02 example.com

under deployment - all of them are Active, except the following show as installed
    usermessagingdriver-smpp
    usermessagingdriver-voicexml
    usermessagingdriver-xmpp

Edited by: user9938780 on Mar 4, 2010 2:05 PM
  • 20. Re: Communicator could not publish the presence
    673322 Newbie
    All of asudden these messages are coming in the logs. They were not there earlier.. How can I fix this? I retstarted the server but did not work.

found at uri [consolehelp//WEB-INF/client-classifications.xml]. Classifications functionality not enabled.>
    ####<Mar 4, 2010 2:30:18 PM PST> <Error> <WLSS.Transport> <server2l02.us.oracle.com> <AdminServer> <[ACTIVE] ExecuteThread: '16' for queue: 'weblogic.kernel.Default (self-tuning)'> <<WLS Kernel>> <> <> <1267741818984> <BEA-330608> <Socket error
    java.io.EOFException: Unexpected end of SIP message
    at com.bea.wcp.sip.engine.connector.transport.SipMessageParser.nextLine(SipMessageParser.java:303)
    at com.bea.wcp.sip.engine.connector.transport.SipMessageParser.parseMessage(SipMessageParser.java:101)
    at com.bea.wcp.sip.engine.connector.transport.SipMessageParser.parse(SipMessageParser.java:88)
    at com.bea.wcp.sip.engine.connector.transport.UdpTransportModule$UdpWorker.run(UdpTransportModule.java:697)
    at weblogic.work.SelfTuningWorkManagerImpl$WorkAdapterImpl.run(SelfTuningWorkManagerImpl.java:516)
    at weblogic.work.ExecuteThread.execute(ExecuteThread.java:201)
    at weblogic.work.ExecuteThread.run(ExecuteThread.java:173)
    >
  • 21. Re: Communicator could not publish the presence
    dprabhu Newbie
    Hi,

You have to change example.com to server02.us.oracle.com everywhere, as listed in the OWLCS documentation, not just the SIP Domain..

Change the SIP Server Realm and Digest Authentication setting via the WLS Admin Console.

Stop WLS server.

To change setting for Aggregation Proxy and Third Party Call Control, there's an easy way without having to use JConsole.

- cd $DOMAIN_HOME/config/communications
    - find . -name "*" -print | xargs grep example.com

You will see a list of files containing example.com. Change example.com to server02.us.oracle.com in those files and start server.

- Dev

Edited by: dprabhu on Mar 4, 2010 2:39 PM
  • 22. Re: Communicator could not publish the presence
    dprabhu Newbie
    What client are you using to connect to the server? And how are you signing in? - You should enter test.user1 for username in the sign-in dialog, not the SIP address for the username

- Dev

Edited by: dprabhu on Mar 4, 2010 2:50 PM
  • 23. Re: Communicator could not publish the presence
    673322 Newbie
    Ok so i will get those other components also configured for my realm. May be that was the problem. I am using oracle communicator from oracle website to sign in. I entered first for rexample test.user1/welcome1 in authentication pop up window but it did not work, it pops up the login window again but when i enter test.user1@example.com anmd passworf atealst it shows the 403 error then.

The reason I used test.user1@example.com to login is that sit publicId.

But like you mentioned i think we should just use the privateId.

I am doing those realm changes right now and will get back to you.

Thanks!
  • 24. Re: Communicator could not publish the presence
    673322 Newbie
    test

Edited by: user9938780 on Mar 4, 2010 3:10 PM
  • 25. Re: Communicator could not publish the presence
    673322 Newbie
    thanks it works perfect now. The problem was the realms in those xmls. The easy way to modify those was very useful. The jconsole I was having a tough time to find teh aggregation proxy mbean.

Thanks a lot again.
  • 26. Re: Communicator could not publish the presence
    673322 Newbie
    Hi,

Can you please tell me which .ears files or .war files are being used in this presence/messaging application in Weblogic?

Thanks,

Edited by: user9938780 on Mar 11, 2010 11:23 AM
  • 27. Re: Communicator could not publish the presence
    dprabhu Newbie
    You will find all the ear files at the following location:

$MW_HOME/as11gr1wlcs1/communications/applications

- Dev
  • 28. Re: Communicator could not publish the presence
    673322 Newbie
    there are many apps there how do i know which one this oracle communication sample app is using?
  • 29. Re: Communicator could not publish the presence
    dprabhu Newbie
    Hi,

Could you please elaborate on "this oracle communication sample app"? Which specific app are you referring to?

Dev

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points