E-Business Suite Applications Technology Group has recently released Application Change Management Pack (ACMP) Release 3.1 and Application Management Pack (AMP) Release 3.1.
As you might be aware, Application Change Management Pack is Oracle's offering for customers to monitor and manage Oracle E-Business Suite changes. Application Change Management Pack provides a centralized view to monitor and orchestrate changes (both functional and technical) across multiple Oracle E-Business Suite systems.
In release 3.1 Application Change Management Pack has been enhanced to provide more control and flexibility in managing Oracle E-Business Suite changes.
Some of the key distinguishing features of the new release include:
* Change Approval Framework: Changes orchestrated through Application Change Management Pack can now be controlled through the new change approval framework in Release 3.1. Users can now be segregated as approvers across Oracle E-Business Suite system(s) and modules (Customization Manager, Patch Manager or Setup Manager). Built in notification capability enables approver(s)/requester to be intimated about the status of relevant change requests. It also provides an implicit audit trail mechanism.
* Integrated Custom Application Management: An integrated custom applications management feature enables users to easily register new custom applications across Oracle E-Business Suite systems and also track and validate existing custom applications in a standard way. This dashboard also helps track custom objects, packages and file meta-data associated with custom applications.
* Pre-requisite Patch Analysis: Oracle E-Business Suite patches can now be analyzed for Pre-requisites prior to deployment in the target system. The analysis also verifies whether the pre-requisites are already available (in the target system) and if not, an option to add them to the patch job.
* Offline Transformation: For the very first time, users have the ability to download Oracle E-Business Suite setup data in Microsoft Excel document. Once downloaded, the Setup Data can be edited or new data can be entered into the worksheets. Data is validated within the Microsoft Excel file and also while uploading into Setup Manager.
* Built-in Intelligence: Release 3.1 has numerous minor enhancements that provide necessary intelligence for a seamless change orchestration. A few examples are:
* Automated file driver meta-data generation for new files and $Header handling
* Customization Package impact analysis report
* Advanced filtering options for setup migration
* Improved Usability: Release 3.1 contains numerous usability and reporting enhancements to ensure better integration with third party systems like source control systems and to foster collaborative development. Licensing
Application Management Pack for Oracle E-Business Suite and Application Change Management Pack for Oracle E-Business Suite are separately licensed products. Application Management Pack for Oracle E-Business Suite Version 3.1 is a mandatory prerequisite for Application Change Management Pack for Oracle E-Business Suite Version 3.1 and should be licensed separately. Upgrade
This pack supersedes the Oracle Application Management Pack for Oracle E-Business Suite 3.0. An upgrade path to Release 3.1 is provided from Release 3.0 only. Therefore it is mandatory for the existing installations to be at the AMP-ACMP Release 3.0 level before upgrading to Release 3.1. Downloads
[Application Management Pack and Application Change Management Pack for Oracle E-Business Suite Version 3.1 (Patch 8333939) |http://updates.oracle.com/Orion/PatchDetails/handle_rel_change?release=5623100&plat_lang=46P&patch_file=&file_id=&password_required=&password_required_readme=&merged_trans=&aru=11452056&patch_num=8333939&patch_num_id=1103773&default_release=5623100&default_plat_lang=46P&default_compatible_with=&patch_password=&orderby=&direction=&no_header=0] References
[Getting Started with Oracle Application Management Pack and Application Change Management Pack for Oracle E-Business Suite Version 3.1 (Metalink Note 982302.1)| https://supporthtml.oracle.com/ep/faces/secure/km/DocumentDisplay.jspx?id=982302.1#6 ]
[Getting Started with Oracle Application Management Pack and Application Change Management Pack for Oracle E-Business Suite Version 3.0 (Metalink Note 812315.1) |https://supporthtml.oracle.com/ep/faces/secure/km/DocumentDisplay.jspx?id=812315.1#4]
[Oracle Enterprise Manager Application Change Management Pack for Oracle E-Business Suite (PDF, 260K)|http://www.oracle.com/technology/products/oem/pdf/ds_appl_chg_mgmt.pdf]
[Oracle Enterprise Manager Documentation|http://www.oracle.com/technology/documentation/oem.html]
Have you tried to install it successfully ? We are on OEM 10.2.0.5 and tried to install the AMP/ACP 3.1 patch on Linux x86
It failed during the "Configuration Assistants" phase
"Configure AMP" -
+$ORACLE_HOME/sysman/admin/emdrep/ebs/jobTypes/amp/cln/ebs_oam_configure_targetDB.xml+ Unexpected error: ORA-20400: ERROR: The job type ebs_oam_configure_targetDB references the following invalid command(s): OAMgetUtlFileDir
I did a hit in metalink, but did not get search results.
AMP/ACP 3.1 is certified and tested on OEM 10.2.0.5 with Linux.
We would like to understand how you were trying to install the pack. Please note that AMP/ACP 3.0 installation is a prerequisite before installing AMP/ACP 3.1. So, did you check that the AMP/ACP 3.0 installation completed without errors.
For details, please refer to the Metalink document ID 982302.1 for more details regarding the same. I would strongly recommend you to follow the 'Oracle Application Management Pack for Oracle E-Business Suite Installation Guide (PDF)' .
If the issues still persists, please log a SR for the same and let us know the SR#.
I takes me One month to upgrade it from 3.0 to 3.1 and to resolve the numerous issues linked to the upgrade ....
I'm just starting to evaluate the new features but in fact .... Setup mangaer doesnt work anymore now ... impossible to do the extracts ...
Seems also to me that there is less changes than what u announced before ... I didnt find how to exclude some information (like last update date or the setup's owner) for comparison reports ....
Edited by: Christophe Ortiz on Feb 11, 2010 2:45 PM
I am not sure whether you are already in touch with Oracle Support and product management team to resolve the issues that you are mentioning. Please let me the know the SR# for any Setup Manager issues. I will have a look and get back to you.
Thank you for the reply. Yes. I tried first with 3.0 install. But that keeps failing at the "Configure AMP" phase (though with a different error). Here are the details. Command = /apps_base/OMS10gGC/oms10g/jdk/bin/java has failed Execution Error : Exception in thread "main" java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: 6 at oracle.apps.oms_extn.util.EBSOUIUtil.runOUIAction(EBSOUIUtil.java:132) at oracle.apps.oms_extn.util.EBSOUIUtil.main(EBSOUIUtil.java:47)
/apps_base/OMS10gGC/oms10g/ is the ORACLE HOME of OMS
I created an Sev 2 SR which is escalated now. Can you take a quick look into the issue and see if you can help resolve ? All the logfiles are uploaded in the SR
Sure, we would look into the SR and update accordingly. From the SR, it seems that you are past this issue are having issues installing AMP/ACP 3.1. Are you sure you have followed all the instructions mentioned in the installation guide and have installed AMP/ACP 3.0 before trying to install AMP/ACP 3.1?
We have tried to install AMP/ACP 3.0, because 3.1 is not a direct path (its upgrade from 3.0 only)
So we attempted the 3.0 install, but it fails with the above error messages.
We did try a direct 3.1 first, but the analyst said that we first have to install 3.0 first and then upgrade to 3.1
It seems from the SR that you were trying to install AMP/ACP 3.0 over Plugin version 1.2, which is not supported.
Let's take this specific issue offline and discuss it through the SR. We can have an OWC, if required, to expedite the resolution of your issue.
Is there a reference guide for "Oracle ACP".
I see the "Users guide". But it does not have detailed information or examples such as how to configure file source mapping etc. We have PVCS and we would like to configure that.
I see for most Oracle products, you have a seperate reference guide. So wondering if you have one for "Oracle ACP" or not ?
There is no separate reference guide for ACP.
However, the [ACP user guide|https://supporthtml.oracle.com/cgi-bin/cr/getfile.cgi?p_attid=982302.1:3] is a comprehensive document which covers detailed explanation about the product features. For file source mapping, please refer to the section "Registering File Source mapping" under Customization Manager.
If you have any further doubts, we can have an OWC to resolve the same.
Edited by: Lokesh.Mathur on Mar 9, 2010 11:02 AM
Patch Manager function:
There are lots of activities of wizard 'Patch Oracle Applications', e.g.: 'Patch Run Details', 'Target list', 'Patch Details', 'Patch Options', 'Credentials', 'Schedule', and 'More'.
Question is: In the activity 'Patch Details', click 'Add Oracle Patch', but can't access Metalink website due to network restriction, how to overcome this difficulty in Patch Manager and go ahead with other activities?
Thanks in advance,