7 Replies Latest reply: Mar 10, 2010 4:31 PM by user11286958 RSS

How to Supress "No Data selected" message in JDE report

user11286958
      I am fairly new to JDE reporting, we have few reports that we run and when there is no Data retrieved based on the Data selection criteria a Blank report is generated with the two pages, one page shows the blank report and the second page has a small message attached that says "No data Selected"
      our endusers are getting confused when they run the report thinking that they have noe run the report properly, the fact is that they are running the report properly its just that there is no data that fulfills the data selection criteria, Can some please tell me how to supress this message? I will appreaciate any help.

Thanks,

Baha
        • 1. Re: How to Supress "No Data selected" message in JDE report
          Hello Baha,

The no data selected message means that the main section of the report could not find any records that matched the data selection that was input or predefined. Depending on the UBE that your users are running, in most cases it will mean that they did not run the UBE correctly.

If this is a custom UBE and the processing does not depend on the data selection, you might want to change the report design to use a main section with no business view attached.

Can you let us know what report are your users running, so we can provide more guidance?

Regards,

Jorge
          • 2. Re: How to Supress "No Data selected" message in JDE report
            hi!!

i think you should check the data that you are passing, the error you received is because of improper data selection. kindly check whether if the data that is being given as input is valid and does present in the table. the report will fetch the data only when the data in data selection is valid.

eg: where BC DocType = "AE'
            will fetch all the AE entries for a Journal voucher, so if there are no AE entries then the resultant report will have the error "no data selected"

regards,
            srinath
            • 3. Re: How to Supress "No Data selected" message in JDE report
              suppose if i want to display a message when no data is selected what should i do.

can you just help me out.
              • 4. Re: How to Supress "No Data selected" message in JDE report
                user10763369
                For a section that has Business View attached, If there are no records to be processed for the specified data selection, the Do section event will not process and control will directly go to the End Section. So you can use a Variable to check if Do Section was executed or not. Create a VA Rpt Variable, Initialze this to N in Initialize Section, In the Do Section Change it to Y. Check this value in End Section, if value is N, Do section did not fire. So call a conditional section to print a more meaningful message. Hope this helps and its not too late too.
                • 5. Re: How to Supress "No Data selected" message in JDE report
                  user11286958
                  I tried this and when there are no records found in the business I am forcing it to print the additional conditionl section but the probelm is that it prints the additional conditional section but also prints the the colmnar section with message "No data selected"
                  • 6. Re: How to Supress "No Data selected" message in JDE report
                    user11286958
                    Hi there,

sorry for the late response, this is a custom UBE and it validates the records to see if there is data that exists with ledger type C to catch any data entry errors so in a normal situation we do not expect any results to be returned , its just our end-users get confused when they see a message that says "No Data Selected" and they think that they have not run this UBR properly. we would like to gid rid of this message when no data is returned , I would appreaciate ny help on this
                    • 7. Re: How to Supress "No Data selected" message in JDE report
                      user11286958
                      I tried this and when there are no records found in the business I am forcing it to print the additional conditionl section but the probelm is that it prints the additional conditional section but also prints the the colmnar section with message "No data selected"