1 2 Previous Next 23 Replies Latest reply: Mar 25, 2010 4:32 PM by Brandye Barrington-Oracle Go to original post RSS
      • 15. Re: Prometric <=> Pearson problem
        Hi
        I appeared for the oracle exam on 6th mar 2010.

When i was reviewing the answers, the time got over.

When i clicked Finish button , I got a connection error .
        The report is not generated. The incident request has been raised on the same day .
        but no resolution till now.

When i log in to Pearson Vue site the status is "error"
        • 16. Re: Prometric <=> Pearson problem
          user8926844 wrote:
          Hi
          I appeared for the oracle exam on 6th mar 2010.

When i was reviewing the answers, the time got over.

When i clicked Finish button , I got a connection error .
          The report is not generated. The incident request has been raised on the same day .
          but no resolution till now.

When i log in to Pearson Vue site the status is "error"
          Contact Pearson (possibly using email) and using the incident number request a progress update or an escalation indicating this is giving you worry and distress.

March 6th was a Saturday (often not regarded as a business working day).

The resolution will sometimes take a small while to reach the pearson vue candidate history database.

Generally Pearson will come up with the answer fairly soon (maybe a day or two) and pursue through them in the first instance.

The "error" status can be relatively normal when results from a Test have not been transmitted back to Pearson as expected.

Rgds -bigdelboy.

(In general you may have been better starting your own thread on this ... as there could be a number of 'Pearson' problems with slightly different best practice courses of actions).
          • 17. Re: Prometric <=> Pearson problem
            Brandye Barrington-Oracle
            This was a known issue at Pearson for a short time. As soon as they discovered this was happening, they started working to fix it. It should now be fixed and you should be able to print your score report from Pearson's website. Please send us an email at ocpexam_ww@oracle.com if you are still having trouble.

Thanks,
            Brandye Barrington
            • 18. Re: Prometric <=> Pearson problem
              Thanks for your reply. Yes I am still having trouble printing the report :( I sent mail to ocpexam_ww@oracle.com today.
              • 19. Re: Prometric <=> Pearson problem
                user8926844 wrote:
                Thanks for your reply. Yes I am still having trouble printing the report :( I sent mail to ocpexam_ww@oracle.com today.
                Just a thought ... it is not a beta exam 1z1-NNN as you will not get an immediate report from that.
                • 20. Re: Prometric <=> Pearson problem
                  hi,
                  i did my OCA in 9i database in march,2009 through prometric (id: OOOOOOO )
                  i did my OCA in application server 10g in Feb,2010 through pearson (id: NNNNNNN )
                  after my exams with pearson,i got my score report in 'my account' page in Pearson site.
                  later,i got mail from oracle,asked to contact Pearson to merge my profiles.
                  i mailed to pearson for the same.they merged,and said now the current oracle testing id is ( OOOOOO ) i.e. which i got in prometric.
                  after merging,in my profile page in pearson account,i cant found my recent exam history with pearson(which i saw before merging of profiles).
                  i keep on contacting pearson about the issue,they too keep on sending mails,that my password has been changed,'try it now'.but nothing happened.
                  also,in 'cert view' of oracle,i tried with prometric id( OOOOOO ),my account 'authorization verification' got failed(third attempt) and now i cant access the page.i mailed ocpexam_ww@oracle.com,but yet now no response.
                  am scared,as am in the process of OCP.
                  what should i do now to resolve the issue.

regards ---> Abdur Raoof
                  • 21. Re: Prometric <=> Pearson problem
                    in 'My Account --> view history' page of Pearson it shows
                    "You have not previously taken any exams with Pearson VUE."
                    • 22. Re: Prometric <=> Pearson problem
                      raoofdba wrote:
                      hi,
                      i did my OCA in 9i database in march,2009 through prometric (id: OOOOOOO )
                      i did my OCA in application server 10g in Feb,2010 through pearson (id: NNNNNNN )
                      after my exams with pearson,i got my score report in 'my account' page in Pearson site.
                      later,i got mail from oracle,asked to contact Pearson to merge my profiles.
                      i mailed to pearson for the same.they merged,and said now the current oracle testing id is ( OOOOOO ) i.e. which i got in prometric.
                      after merging,in my profile page in pearson account,i cant found my recent exam history with pearson(which i saw before merging of profiles).
                      i keep on contacting pearson about the issue,they too keep on sending mails,that my password has been changed,'try it now'.but nothing happened.
                      also,in 'cert view' of oracle,i tried with prometric id( OOOOOO ),my account 'authorization verification' got failed(third attempt) and now i cant access the page.i mailed ocpexam_ww@oracle.com,but yet now no response.
                      am scared,as am in the process of OCP.
                      what should i do now to resolve the issue.

regards ---> Abdur Raoof
                      A Better approach would be to start your own thread on this, referencing this thread if it was relevant.

- Your certview issue should auto-resolve in a couple of days.

- Ensure you have an incident number from Pearson and reference it will all communications (with Pearson in first place, and with ocpexam_ww otherwise, but IMHO its best to try to get Pearson to escalate it first before getting all the cooks into the broth). Certfiication Forum Moderator may give different advice. Moral: Dont end up with more than Oracle Oracle Testing Id.
                      • 23. Re: Prometric <=> Pearson problem
                        Brandye Barrington-Oracle
                        Hi Abdur,
                        The issue with being "locked out" of CertView is usually resolved within 72 hours. You probably were not entering the information the way it was listed in our database. After 3 attempts the account is sent for manual authorization. The team will manually authorize you and provide you with login details. I hope that this part of your issue is resolved.

I'm not sure what is going on with your pearson account. Please send a very detailed email to ocpexam_ww@oracle.com about this, including all of your IDs and ask that this be escalated to our Pearson VUE account manager per my request.

Thanks,
                        Brandye Barrington
                        Certification Forum Moderator
                        Certification Program Managar
                        1 2 Previous Next