6 Replies Latest reply: Mar 19, 2010 3:11 AM by Aman.... RSS

ms windows 2008 cluster

hallo, i have a windows 2008 cluster with three nodes (A-B-C) in NODE MAJORITY (default windows). I have installed oracle 10g rel. 2 Node A is active with DB1 , node B is active with DB2, node C isi passive for node A or B.
      have installed failsafe and , apparently , the resource move from node A to C, and resource move from node B to C.
      But when i open Failsafe panel if the services OracleMSCService is not on node with Node Majority it's not open.
      I want to configure the service to move with Cluster Node Majority. How to do ??
      or i obliged to create a cluster with NODE MAJORITY and DISK QUORUM ???
      or i obliged o reduce the cluster at two node with disk quorum ????

IS VERY URGENT , FRIDAY THE CLUSTER GOES TO PRODUCTION
        • 1. Re: ms windows 2008 cluster
          Anil Malkai
          you are using microsft clustering services(mscs). this post would be better if you can post in microsoft forum.
          even then as per my knowledge you can open cluster administration manager and you can move the group to make primary and secondary.

Anil Malkai
          • 2. Re: ms windows 2008 cluster
            ok , is the usual problem.
            any certification and refers to another provider
            anybody has already installed on a cluster in this mode ?
            thank
            • 3. Re: ms windows 2008 cluster
              Billy~Verreynne
              user12191119 wrote:

And just who do you think you are to shout at the forum (as that is what uppercase is) and demand urgent attention?

You are not paying anyone here for support. OTN members are volunteers... offering their free-time, experience and knowledge to assist others here with Oracle database related problems.

Nor do you have any SLA with OTN that warrants you to make any such "+urgent support!"+ demand from OTN forum members.

Then you also fail to mention what Oracle software you are using, what the full version numbering is, and technical details like configuration and error codes and messages...

And then you expect to be "+urgently supported+" ???

That is an ignorant and very arrogant attitude.. and exactly the type of attitude that will not get you anywhere on OTN or any other public web forum, mailing list or news group.
              • 4. Re: ms windows 2008 cluster
                Aman....
                We need you to bring back the "lead pipe" Billy :) .

Regards
                Aman....
                • 5. Re: ms windows 2008 cluster
                  Billy~Verreynne
                  user12191119 wrote:
                  ok , is the usual problem.
                  Ignorance? Arrogance?
                  any certification and refers to another provider
                  What exactly are you implying?
                  anybody has already installed on a cluster in this mode ?
                  Installed what !!??

We are still waiting for the name and version of the Oracle database product that you have a problem with.

And in case you are unaware of where you are posting...
                  - this is an ORACLE web site (not Microsoft)
                  - this forum deals with ORACLE DATABASE as a topic, not Microsoft clustering

So please.. what Oracle product are you using? What is the version (full version number down to the last digit)? What is the Oracle error code?
                  • 6. Re: ms windows 2008 cluster
                    Aman....
                    >
                    Really!

You need to read this before asking a question on a public forum like this one,
                    http://catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html