This discussion is archived
5 Replies Latest reply: Sep 17, 2012 11:03 PM by 962697 RSS

Install Issue: Oracle Search Configuration Assistant failed

user10254453 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hi,

I tried installing Oracle SES (ses_11.1.2.0.0_linux32_1of2.zip & ses_11.1.2.0.0_linux32_1of2.zip) into 32bit linux machine.
It fails while it tries to do Oracle Search Configuration Assistant setup.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
... verify credentials

========================================================================
Executing: /u01/app/oracle/product/11.1.2.0.0/ses/seshome/bin/sqlplus /nolog
------------------------------------------------------------------------

========================================================================
<Mar 21, 2010 6:56:04 PM IST> <Notice> <Security> <BEA-090898> <Ignoring the trusted CA certificate "CN=KEYNECTIS ROOT CA,OU=ROOT,O=KEYNECTIS,C=FR". The loading of the trusted certificate list raised a certificate parsing exception PKIX: Unsupported OID in the AlgorithmIdentifier object: 1.2.840.113549.1.1.11.>
<Mar 21, 2010 6:56:04 PM IST> <Notice> <Security> <BEA-090898> <Ignoring the trusted CA certificate "CN=T-TeleSec GlobalRoot Class 3,OU=T-Systems Trust Center,O=T-Systems Enterprise Services GmbH,C=DE". The loading of the trusted certificate list raised a certificate parsing exception PKIX: Unsupported OID in the AlgorithmIdentifier object: 1.2.840.113549.1.1.11.>
<Mar 21, 2010 6:56:04 PM IST> <Notice> <Security> <BEA-090898> <Ignoring the trusted CA certificate "CN=T-TeleSec GlobalRoot Class 2,OU=T-Systems Trust Center,O=T-Systems Enterprise Services GmbH,C=DE". The loading of the trusted certificate list raised a certificate parsing exception PKIX: Unsupported OID in the AlgorithmIdentifier object: 1.2.840.113549.1.1.11.>
...Startup in progress please wait
...MidTier has been started

oracle.search.config.wls.OESException: Error while executing action: "setup_all"
Caused by: oracle.search.config.wls.OESException: The SES Backend is not Up! Backend must be up to configure midtier

at oracle.search.config.wls.SearchCtl.run(SearchCtl.java:1340)
     at oracle.search.config.wls.SearchCtl.main(SearchCtl.java:1384)
Caused by:
oracle.search.config.wls.OESException: The SES Backend is not Up! Backend must be up to configure midtier

at oracle.search.config.wls.SearchCtl.setupMidtier(SearchCtl.java:609)
     at oracle.search.config.wls.SearchCtl.setupAll(SearchCtl.java:1095)
     at oracle.search.config.wls.SearchCtl.run(SearchCtl.java:1266)
     ... 1 more
Error while executing action: "setup_all"

Configuration assistant "Oracle Search Configuration Assistant" failed
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
The "/u01/app/oracle/product/11.1.2.0.0/ses/seshome/cfgtoollogs/configToolFailedCommands" script contains all commands that failed, were skipped or were cancelled. This file may be used to run these configuration assistants outside of OUI. Note that you may have to update this script with passwords (if any) before executing the same.-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Later I tried running "/u01/app/oracle/product/11.1.2.0.0/ses/seshome/cfgtoollogs/configToolFailedCommands" got the same error.

Can you please advice!

Thanks in advance,
Mayilvahanan .V
  • 1. Re: Install Issue: Oracle Search Configuration Assistant failed
    Roger Ford Expert
    How much memory do you have? (At least 2GB is needed)
    How much free disk space in the location where SES is being installed (I'd suggest at least 7.5GB)
    Did any of the pre-requisite checks fail for missing packages or insufficient kernel parameters?
    Do you have any of the following environment variables set before you start the install?
    ORACLE_HOME
    ORACLE_SID
    TNS_ADMIN
    TWO_TASK
    Are there any other Oracle products installed on the machine?

The trusted certificate messages are actually nothing to worry about, I think this is documented in the install guide or README. But something else seems to have prevented the SES database from starting.

- Roger
  • 2. Re: Install Issue: Oracle Search Configuration Assistant failed
    user10254453 Newbie
    Hi,

Thanks for you reply..

The problem was solved.
    It is becuase of some failure on previous endevours.
    1. Removed unused homes.
    2. Cleaned the install folders.
    3. Find out and killed some process including defunct.
    4. Ran the installer again

Thanks,
    Mayilvahanan .V

Edited by: user10254453 on Mar 22, 2010 7:59 AM

Edited by: user10254453 on Mar 22, 2010 8:00 AM
  • 3. Re: Install Issue: Oracle Search Configuration Assistant failed
    866673 Newbie
    The problem was solved.
    It is becuase of some failure on previous endevours.
    1. Removed unused homes.
    2. Cleaned the install folders.
    3. Find out and killed some process including defunct.
    4. Ran the installer again

Hi can u elaborate more on how u resolved the problem? U mentioned the removal of unused homes and the cleaning of install folders. Do u mean that you had a pre-existing installation of another Oracle product like Oracle db which created another oracle home in your computer? There were some pre-existing stuff in your install folders? By the way which version of Linux were u actually using?
  • 4. Re: Install Issue: Oracle Search Configuration Assistant failed
    user756552 Newbie
    I am hitting same issue today for Isntallation SES on AIX box - can you please be more specific what should I do - what exactly I have to cleanup.. THis is my fresh installation of SES on the box.
  • 5. Re: Install Issue: Oracle Search Configuration Assistant failed
    962697 Newbie
    How is this resolved?

Even I have the same problem.

I have oracle client installed with different user & it is in use.

I have set ORACLE_HOME,ORACLE_SID,PATH,LD_LIBRARY_PATH before invoking the installer, but still “Oracle Search Configuration Assistant” step shows always “in progress” and intermittently closing the installation pop-up window

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points