2 Replies Latest reply: Mar 25, 2010 1:01 PM by NoelKhan RSS

Problems with UPDATE Trigger

I have 3 before row-triggers for a table - an INSERT, an UPDATE, and a DELETE trigger.
      When I try to EnableVersioning on this table it works fine when either or both of the INSERT and DELETE triggers exist. But when I add the UPDATE or just have the UPDATE trigger on the table I get the following message from EnableVersioning:

ORA-20229: statement 'DECLARE
      schema varchar2(30) := 'WEDB' ;
      tab_name varchar2(30) ' failed during EnableVersioning. Error:
      ORA-24344: success with compilation error
      ORA-06512: at "SYS.LTDDL", line 457
      ORA-06512: at "SYS.LTDDL", line 1123
      ORA-06512: at "SYS.LTDDL", line 1107
      ORA-06512: at "SYS.LT", line 9024
      ORA-06512: at line 2

We are running Oracle 10g Release

The format of the trigger is:

before update on OBA_TEST3
      for each row

Does anyone have any ideas?
        • 1. Re: Problems with UPDATE Trigger
          Ben Speckhard-Oracle

You need to determine the exact error in the procedure that is being created by enableversioning. If you query the dba_errors view, you should be able to get this information. There will most likely be errors in a procedure named WM$COLTG_OBA_TEST3_U.

Also, if you are able to post the body of the trigger, then that would help in determining what is causing the error.

Be sure that you are using the latest version of Workspace Manager. For a 10.2 database, this is currently

• 2. Re: Problems with UPDATE Trigger

"+1.10 Triggers on Version-Enabled Tables Version-enabled tables can have triggers defined; however, the following considerations and restrictions apply: ¦ Only per-row triggers are supported. Per-statement triggers are not supported. ¦ Only whole-row triggers are supported. *Before-update and after-update triggers for specific columns are not supported*.+" - "Application Developer’s Guide - Workspace Manager (B14253-01, 10g Release 2) [pg 1-23]