13 Replies Latest reply: Apr 14, 2010 1:21 AM by 766073 RSS

I can not find (see) the Data Control Accordion

Hello all,

I cannot find (see) the Data Control Accordion, I just installed the Jdeveloper 11g (Oracle JDeveloper 11g (11.1.1.2.0) - November 2009) from this link http://www.oracle.com/technology/software/products/jdev/htdocs/soft11.html
      I started a new ADF BC application, but I cannot find the data control accordion to drag and drop the components I created in the application model. Is there anything I must do after installation (post installation), is there any libraries need to be installed? Please, I need a help to create my application, I’m totally stuck, many thanks for any help.

Kind regards,

Nabil
        • 1. Re: I can not find (see) the Data Control Accordion
          adf_guy
          I think there is only panel accordion. I álso don't see any data control accordion.

thks.

A Rahim.
          • 2. Re: I can not find (see) the Data Control Accordion
            Hi,

How to proceed with this step “
            8.     Open the Data Control accordion and expand the GetWeatherByZipCode | Parameters nodes. Notice the expected Zip Code parameter for the GetWeatherByZipCode(String) method.
            At http://www.oracle.com/technology/obe/obe11jdev/11/wsdc/wsdc.htm

And how to proceed with this step “
            7.     In the Data Control accordion, expand the getEmployeesFindByName node and select the Employees node. Drop it onto the page below the Parameter Form.
            ” at http://people.inf.elte.hu/kiss/10kor/ejb.html
            These exercise cannot be completed without the “Data Control Accordion”, any help please? Thanks.

Nabil
            • 3. Re: I can not find (see) the Data Control Accordion
              Shay Shmeltzer-Oracle
              Are you using the Studio edition? In tools->preferences->roles - what role are you in (should be default role)?
              • 4. Re: I can not find (see) the Data Control Accordion
                Many thanks for your reply,
                I’m running Studio Edition (as below), and the role was default all the time, any help please? Is there anything I need to do after installation? Any other setup, need to be done? I appreciate any help…

Oracle JDeveloper 11g Release 1 11.1.1.2.0
                Studio Edition Version 11.1.1.2.0
                Build JDEVADF_11.1.1.2.0_GENERIC_091029.2229.5536
                Copyright © 1997, 2009 Oracle and/or its affiliates. All rights reserved.
                IDE Version: 11.1.1.2.36.55.36
                Product ID: oracle.jdeveloper
                Product Version: 11.1.1.2.36.55.36

Version
                -------

Component     Version
                =========     =======
                ADF Business Components     11.1.1.55.36
                Java(TM) Platform     1.6.0_14
                Oracle IDE     11.1.1.2.36.55.36
                Versioning Support     11.1.1.2.36.55.36.

Regards
                • 5. Re: I can not find (see) the Data Control Accordion
                  Timo Hahn
                  You may have minimized the ''Data Control' accordion.
                  If you see three dots below the 'Recently Opened Files' accordion click on them. If you see 'Data Control' in the list, select it and it'll be visible again.

Timo
                  • 6. Re: I can not find (see) the Data Control Accordion
                    Zeeshan BaiG
                    have you exposed any View objects to Application module......then only you can able to see Data control

Seems like you are new to ADF check this post would help to get started

http://baigsorcl.blogspot.com/2010/03/moving-to-jdeveloper11g-your-first-adf.html
                    • 7. Re: I can not find (see) the Data Control Accordion
                      Hi,

Many thanks for your reply, but no I did not minimise it, I read this reply before, and checked this possibility before I created my thread, and it was not minimized, any help please?

Regards
                      • 8. Re: I can not find (see) the Data Control Accordion
                        Hi,

Many thanks for your reply, but no, I added a complete application module, with all view objects included (as I was doing with release 11.1.1.1 and was working fine), but for this release I cannot have the same behavior, and I cannot find (access) the data controls as I used to do in the previous release, and I did this exercise before I created my thread, any help please?

Regards
                        • 9. Re: I can not find (see) the Data Control Accordion
                          Hello,

Please let me know if you got any new information, many thanks.

regards,

Nabil
                          • 10. Re: I can not find (see) the Data Control Accordion
                            Shay Shmeltzer-Oracle
                            Can you post an image of your screen so we can see how it looks like?
                            If you delete the JDeveloper\system11.1.1.2.36.55.36 directory - does your IDE get back to the right way of displaying the data control?
                            • 11. Re: I can not find (see) the Data Control Accordion
                              Shay Shmeltzer wrote:
                              Can you post an image of your screen so we can see how it looks like?
                              If you delete the JDeveloper\system11.1.1.2.36.55.36 directory - does your IDE get back to the right way of displaying the data control?
                              Hello,

Many thanks for your reply, kindly find attached screenshots for the two installation of Jdeveloper 11g I have (release 1 & 2), it shows clearly that the “Data Control” is available for release 1, but not available for release 2, even we are talking about the same application!

Regarding the “JDeveloper\system11.1.1.2.36.55.36”, I’m not sure if I have it (attached a list of directories installed), I was not able to find it under my installation directory, therefore I can’t answer your question, but please advise if it could be the reason, how I may have it, do you think there is something wrong with the installation? I noticed that some persons having the same problem before me, so what was wrong, and how they solve it? I appreciate any help please, many thanks.

Regards,

Nabil

P.S. regarding the attached files, sorry I don't know how to attach files to my reply (you may email me at nbadr@trutech.ae so I can send you the screenshots through email, if you please), any help regarding that too will be appreciated.

Directory     Location
                              o.adf-faces-query-and-lov-dt.11.1.1.2.36.55.36     E:\Oracle11MW\Middleware\jdeveloper\jdev\unit-tests\system11.0.0.0.0
                              o.adfdt.swingcore.11.1.1.2.36.55.36     E:\Oracle11MW\Middleware\jdeveloper\jdev\unit-tests\system11.0.0.0.0
                              o.adfm.11.1.1.2.36.55.36
                              o.adfm.11.1.1.2.36.55.36
                              o.BC4J.11.1.1.2.36.55.36
                              o.bm.11.1.1.2.36.55.36
                              o.css.11.1.1.2.36.55.36
                              o.diagram.javadoc.11.1.1.2.36.55.36
                              o.dynamic.faces.11.1.1.2.36.55.36
                              o.ide.11.1.1.2.36.55.36
                              o.j2ee.11.1.1.2.36.55.36
                              o.jdeveloper.11.1.1.2.36.55.36
                              o.jdeveloper.esdk.11.1.1.2.36.55.36
                              o.struts.11.1.1.2.36.55.36
                              o.struts.adf.11.1.1.2.36.55.36
                              o.xsqldt-ide.11.1.1.2.36.55.36
                              • 12. Re: I can not find (see) the Data Control Accordion
                                Timo Hahn
                                You have the system11.1.1.2.... directory.
                                Open jdev, select Help->About, in the dialog select the properties tab ans look for the property 'oracle.security.jps.config'. The value normally points to a folder inside the system11.1.1.2.... folder.
                                Close jdev, rename or delete the folder and start jdev again. The folder will be recreated then.

Timo
                                • 13. Re: I can not find (see) the Data Control Accordion
                                  Hello,

Many thanks to you all, I found the directory "system11.1.1.2.36.55.36" under "C:\Documents and Settings" folder, I deleted it "", then I restarted Jdeveloper, everything was absolutely fine after that (I hope), may thanks to all of you, specially to "Shay Shmeltzer" who provide the solution, and to "Timo Hahn" who provide a full details solution, thanks again.

Regards,

Nabil