3 Replies Latest reply: Apr 21, 2010 11:11 PM by 13360 RSS

PIA server - MAX_FILE_DESCRIPTORS warning

On stop and start of the PIA, and also on very first start of the PIA server coming from the Peoplesoft template, I receive the warning about MAX_FILE_DESCRIPTORS, see the screenshot below :
      http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_GAPqu9CUk1k/SwBhqDxaf2I/AAAAAAAABGA/jIoPKj77LP0/s1600-h/PSOVM_VMWARE_pia_001.jpg
      The reason is the misconfiguration of the file +/etc/security/limits.conf+ which is like this :
      *    nofile  65536
      *    nofile  65536
      *    nproc   65536
      *    nproc   65536
      *    core    unlimited
      *    core    unlimited
      *    memlock 50000000
      *    memlock 50000000
      It should be like that :
      #*    nofile  65536
      * -  nofile  65536
      #*    nproc   65536
      * -  nproc   65536
      #*    core    unlimited
      * -  core    unlimited
      #*    memlock 50000000
      * -  memlock 50000000
      Nicolas.
        • 1. Re: PIA server - MAX_FILE_DESCRIPTORS warning
          Hi Nicolas ,
          I am getting "not a valid appserver id" when I am using startPIA.sh. The appserv,DB was configure as per your pointer in this forum.
          The weblogic screen at port:8000 comes up put the login screen does not. Any help will be appriciated.
          Where do I set this up.
          Thank You
          -Kaustuv

appName:'peoplesoft',name:'/',context-path:'',spec-version:'2.5'] Root cause of ServletException.
          java.la...: Not a valid Appserver id. The id must be of the form: <appserver name>:<port number>

Edited by: kaustuvm on Apr 19, 2010 7:09 PM
          • 2. Re: PIA server - MAX_FILE_DESCRIPTORS warning
            Nicolas.Gasparotto
            kaustuvm wrote:

appName:'peoplesoft',name:'/',context-path:'',spec-version:'2.5'] Root cause of ServletException.
            java.la...: Not a valid Appserver id. The id must be of the form: <appserver name>:<port number>
            Please, check the configuration.properties file on the Web server, how is declared psserver ?

Nicolas.
            • 3. Re: PIA server - MAX_FILE_DESCRIPTORS warning
              Hi Nicolas,
              I am all set. I was missing the appserver entry in the etc/hosts file and hence it was not able to lookup the appserver.
              Again, I wanted to thank you for the help. And all other information regarding OVM in the forum was very helpful.
              Cheers
              -Kaustuv

Edited by: kaustuvm on Apr 20, 2010 6:43 PM

Edited by: kaustuvm on Apr 20, 2010 7:29 PM

Edited by: kaustuvm on Apr 21, 2010 9:09 PM