1 2 Previous Next 19 Replies Latest reply: Sep 3, 2011 4:18 PM by User305774 RSS

Apply patch WDJ7 to WLS 10.3.2.0

Hello!

Red Hat Enterprise 5.5 x64
      WebLogic Server 10.3.2.0
      SUN jdk1.6.0

Hello, i am having trouble applying patch WDJ7 (as well as any other patch)

I dont have any access to Internet from this server, so i cant download patches using Oracle Smart Update, so i got the patches from Oracle Support.
      So i will have to apply the patch in console mode.

I got these files:
      4D53.jar, NIXN.jar, WDJ7.jar, XLXA.jar

Unpack them; jar –xf
      ./bsu.sh -prod_dir=/u00/oracle/middleware/wlserver_10.3 -patchlist=XLXA -patch_download_dir=/u00/oracle/middleware/utils/bsu/cache_dir -verbose -install
      Error: Encountered unrecognized patch ID: XLXA

Ive run this without any errors at all
      ./bsu.sh -report -log=test.log -log_priority=trace
      Ive tried applying the patch in many different ways; keeping them in the zip, unzip them, unpack the jars, tried pointing directly at the bugxxxxx_1032.jar file, etc etc. But nothing works, i always get the same error, Encountered unrecognized patch ID...

This is the directory tree on cache_dir
      |-- 4D53.jar
      |-- NIXN.jar
      |-- WDJ7.jar
      |-- XLXA.jar
      |-- jars
      |   |-- Bug9100465_1032.jar
      |   |-- Bug9221722_1032.jar
      |   `-- bug8990616_1032.jar
      `-- patch-descriptor.xml
      Any help is welcome, thank you.
        • 1. Re: Apply patch WDJ7 to WLS 10.3.2.0
          Jay SenSharma MiddlewareMagic
          Hi,

Installing Patches in Offline Mode (4D53.jar, NIXN.jar, WDJ7.jar, XLXA.jar) in WLS10.3.2

http://middlewaremagic.com/weblogic/?p=964

Thanks
          Jay SenSharma
          http://middlewaremagic.com/ (Middleware Magic Is Here)
          • 2. Re: Apply patch WDJ7 to WLS 10.3.2.0
            Thanks for your answer Jay, however that procedure followed my exactly, and wont help.

I put the jars in [...]cache_dir
            And im ofc stood bsu.
            ./bsu.sh -install -patchlist=4D53,NIXN,WDJ7,XLXA -patch_download_dir=/u00/oracle/middleware/utils/bsu/cache_dir -verbose -prod_dir=/u00/oracle/middleware/wlserver_10.3

Encountered unrecognized patch ID: 4D53

Encountered unrecognized patch ID: NIXN

Encountered unrecognized patch ID: WDJ7

Encountered unrecognized patch ID: XLXA
            I also run your second query:
            ./bsu.sh -view -patch_download_dir=/u00/oracle/middleware/utils/bsu/cache_dir -status=applied -verbose -prod_dir=/u00/oracle/middleware/wlserver_10.3
            ProductName:       WebLogic Server
            ProductVersion:    10.3 MP2
            Components:        WebLogic Server/Core Application Server,WebLogic Server/Admi
                               nistration Console,WebLogic Server/Configuration Wizard and
                               Upgrade Framework,WebLogic Server/Web 2.0 HTTP Pub-Sub Serve
                               r,WebLogic Server/WebLogic SCA,WebLogic Server/WebLogic JDBC
                                Drivers,WebLogic Server/Third Party JDBC Drivers,WebLogic S
                               erver/WebLogic Server Clients,WebLogic Server/WebLogic Web S
                               erver Plugins,WebLogic Server/UDDI and Xquery Support,WebLog
                               ic Server/Workshop Code Completion Support
            BEAHome:           /u00/oracle/middleware
            ProductHome:       /u00/oracle/middleware/wlserver_10.3
            PatchSystemDir:    /u00/oracle/middleware/utils/bsu
            PatchDir:          /u00/oracle/middleware/patch_wls1032
            Profile:           Default
            DownloadDir:       /u00/oracle/middleware/utils/bsu/cache_dir
            JavaVersion:       1.6.0_14
            JavaVendor:        Sun
            This is some weird error, it does not seem that something is wrong with the procedure for patch, but something else is missing...
            • 3. Re: Apply patch WDJ7 to WLS 10.3.2.0
              Hi,

I can see that in your First Post you have mentioned that yu have extracted these Jars using "jar -xvf"....
              <font color=red>
              I got these files:
              4D53.jar, NIXN.jar, WDJ7.jar, XLXA.jar

Unpack them; jar –xf
              </font>

You should not do that.... ...
              • 4. Re: Apply patch WDJ7 to WLS 10.3.2.0
                Jay SenSharma wrote:
                Hi,

I can see that in your First Post you have mentioned that yu have extracted these Jars using "jar -xvf"....

You should not do that....
                Oracle Support instructed me to do that, however i have tried without that also. :)

I should run these commands as the same user that installed WLS, is that correct?
                • 5. Re: Apply patch WDJ7 to WLS 10.3.2.0
                  Correct....But in your case ... I don't think User Permission is causing this issue.
                  It is always recommended that we do all these thing with One Single User Account.
                  • 6. Re: Apply patch WDJ7 to WLS 10.3.2.0
                    Yes, ok, then im doing right on that.

The problem is still here, i did not download patch-client as you did, can that be the problem or is that just Oracle Smart Update?
                    • 7. Re: Apply patch WDJ7 to WLS 10.3.2.0
                      I am getting the same error trying to run command line patch install on windows using the following command:
                      bsu -install -patchlist=Y3IR -patch_download_dir=d:\bea\patches -verbose -prod_dir=d:\bea\wlserver_10.3
                      • 8. Re: Apply patch WDJ7 to WLS 10.3.2.0
                        Hi.

I had the same problem on my client's site. The solution was to obtain the product-catalog.xml files from either Oracle Support or another WLS install of the same version (doesn't need to be same OS) using bsu.sh.
                        Transfer the jar files and the product-catalog.xml file to the bsu cache_dir on the destination host, and start bsh.sh in gui mode.
                        This will show the patches in the Downloaded Patches section, allowing you to apply them as normal.

hope this helps.
                        Scott
                        • 9. Re: Apply patch WDJ7 to WLS 10.3.2.0
                          user12108006
                          I have the same issue. The work around for me is that the Oracle support sent me all the patches along with the patch-catalog.xml. Then I start the bsu.sh and choose work offline.
                          • 10. Re: Apply patch WDJ7 to WLS 10.3.2.0
                            Rohit Jaiswal
                            Hi All,

I tried installing the same patch using the bsu utility it works.

I extracted WDJ7 and found patch-descriptor with that and in that descriptor there is a sequence specified patch and I followed that sequence and it worked.

C:\BeaHome\Bea10.3.2\utils\bsu>bsu -install -patch_download_dir=C:\BeaHome\Bea10
                            .3.2\utils\bsu\cache_dir -prod_dir=C:\BeaHome\Bea10.3.2\wlserver_10.3 -patchlist
                            =WDJ7,XLXA,4D53,NIXN -log=WDJ7.txt

Checking for conflicts..
                            No conflict(s) detected

Installing Patch Set ID: WDJ7

Installing Patch ID: XLXA..
                            Result: Success

Installing Patch ID: 4D53.

Installing Patch ID: NIXN.

Regards,

Rohit Jaiswal
                            • 11. Re: Apply patch WDJ7 to WLS 10.3.2.0
                              user12051832
                              Hi Rohit,

Can you please provide me your mail id or mobile no. I need the WDJ7.zip file urgently. Thanks.

Balwan
                              • 12. Re: Apply patch WDJ7 to WLS 10.3.2.0
                                Rohit Jaiswal
                                If you have credentials for MyOracleSupport you can download the patch from there itself or you can use smart update GUI mode to download the patch as well.

Regards

Rohit Jaiswal
                                • 13. Re: Apply patch WDJ7 to WLS 10.3.2.0
                                  user13372079
                                  Add -verbose along with other parameters and you are good.

Joel Jos
                                  • 14. Re: Apply patch WDJ7 to WLS 10.3.2.0
                                    Hi all,

I got the same error, what i did, just copy the 4D53.jar, NIXN.jar, WDJ7.jar, XLXA.jar files along patch-catalog.xml file to cache_dir directory and run the following command to apply the patch:

./bsu.sh -install -patch_download_dir=........./utils/bsu/cache_dir -prod_dir=........../wlserver_10.3 -patchlist=WDJ7,XLXA,4D53,NIXN -log=WDJ7.txt

Regards,

Kazmi
                                    1 2 Previous Next