This discussion is archived
3 Replies Latest reply: Apr 30, 2010 11:27 AM by 765355 RSS

Oracle Clinical Hardware Requirements

758777 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
I've notice that the Oracle Clinical 4.6 requires Application Tier and Database Tier
Moreover, there are application server and reports server in Application Tier; and Database Server and PSUB Server in Database Tier.
Does that mean I need 4 independent OS to operate? or I can combine the server in the same tier if my work load is not heavy?

Thanks for your help!

-Peter
  • 1. Re: Oracle Clinical Hardware Requirements
    user10243788 Newbie
    Hi, was just browsing when i came across your query.
    I do not know much about Oracle Clinical but i do know about Oracle Application Server.

Oracle Application Server can be installed with Infra Tier and Mid Tier on the same machine, so i think you should not have any problem installing all the 4 components on the same machine if the load is not heavy.

Hope it helps,
    regards
  • 2. Re: Oracle Clinical Hardware Requirements
    737771 Newbie
    I tested following configuration successfully:

1. win2003 db server running 11g (11.0.1.7) (2GB, 40 GB HD)
    2. win2003 app server (10gASR2) (2GB, 15 GB HD)

OC/RDC 4.6 and TMS 4.6.1 have many new features but it is still not a CTMS system.
  • 3. Re: Oracle Clinical Hardware Requirements
    765355 Newbie
    I am a expert in Oracle clinical installation and have done more than 5 installations of 4.5.1 , 4.5.3 and 4.6 as well.

No need of 4 servers.

Only two servers are required for Oracle clinical RDC 4.6

Database server: 11g database and PSUB service.
    Application server : Application server, Reportserver and RDC onsite server.

If you are using TMS then you need to have TMS 4.6.1 in a seperate server. Even this can be combined with the your app server.

Edited by: user12251281 on Apr 30, 2010 11:27 AM

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points