8 Replies Latest reply: Dec 20, 2010 6:10 AM by gokhank RSS

Fusion Middleware Console

Alan3
      Hi all,
      I have WLS 11g running. The Welcome page is working (http://<hostname>:7001), the WL Admin console is working (http://<hostname>:7001/console) and even my B2B console is working (http://<hostname>:3311/b2bconsole).
      Problem is the Middleware console (http://<hostname>:7001/em) is returning a 404. I haven't found where to troubleshoot this...

Help?
        • 1. Re: Fusion Middleware Console
          Ravi Jegga
          Hi Alan
          When you created this SOA Domain using Config Wizard, most probably you DID NOT add one module by name "Oracle Enterprise Manager - 11.1.1.0 (oracle_common)". My gut feeling is you checked the checkboxes like Oracle SOA Suite (which indirectly sets 2 other check boxes like Oracle WSM Policy Manager and Oracle JRF.

You can fix your existing domain. On Windows from Start -> Programs -> Oracle Weblogic .. -> Weblogic Server -> Tools -> Configuration Wizard, open Conifg Wizard. Choose option to Extend existing domain. Browse and select your domain. Then in next screen check the check box named "Oracle Enterprise Manager - 11.1.1.0 (oracle_common)" and for rest of the stuff just click next and next and finish. Make sure when you do this your domain is NOT running. Once this is extended, restart your domain. Other option is to create a brand new domain and choose the above check box also for Oracle Enterprise Manager - 11.1.1.0 (oracle_common).

On Linux do the same thing except that you have to manually run config.sh command from this folder..\beawls1032\wlserver_10.3\common\bin

HTH
          Ravi Jegga
          • 2. Re: Fusion Middleware Console
            Alan3
            Thanks Ravi, that was it.
            • 3. Re: Fusion Middleware Console
              jaramill
              Ravi Jegga wrote:
              Hi Alan
              When you created this SOA Domain using Config Wizard, most probably you DID NOT add one module by name "Oracle Enterprise Manager - 11.1.1.0 (oracle_common)". My gut feeling is you checked the checkboxes like Oracle SOA Suite (which indirectly sets 2 other check boxes like Oracle WSM Policy Manager and Oracle JRF.

You can fix your existing domain. On Windows from Start -> Programs -> Oracle Weblogic .. -> Weblogic Server -> Tools -> Configuration Wizard, open Conifg Wizard. Choose option to Extend existing domain. Browse and select your domain. Then in next screen check the check box named "Oracle Enterprise Manager - 11.1.1.0 (oracle_common)" and for rest of the stuff just click next and next and finish. Make sure when you do this your domain is NOT running. Once this is extended, restart your domain. Other option is to create a brand new domain and choose the above check box also for Oracle Enterprise Manager - 11.1.1.0 (oracle_common).

On Linux do the same thing except that you have to manually run config.sh command from this folder..\beawls1032\wlserver_10.3\common\bin

HTH
              Ravi Jegga
              Ravi:

I replied in another thread that you replied to but I did check and when I created my domain I did include Oracle Enterprise Manager 11.1.1.0 (oracle common). I'm on Red Hat Linux Enterprise 5. Any tips on what to do? I can't get my EM to come up via the web browser (http://computer:7001/em) as I get the HTTP error -

Error 404--Not Found+

From RFC 2068 Hypertext Transfer Protocol -- HTTP/1.1:+
              *10.4.5 404 Not Found*
              The server has not found anything matching the Request-URI. No indication is given of whether the condition is temporary or permanent.+

If the server does not wish to make this information available to the client, the status code 403 (Forbidden) can be used instead. The 410 (Gone) status code SHOULD be used if the server knows, through some internally configurable mechanism, that an old resource is permanently unavailable and has no forwarding address.+

Thanks,
              Gio

Edited by: jaramill on Jul 1, 2010 3:23 PM
              • 4. Re: Fusion Middleware Console
                I'm facing the same issue as jarmill....

I'm not able to access the em console...

I did check the "Enterprise manager" in the configuration wizard.

I checked the config.xml and em application is also deployed...

If som1 has got this working, pls respond...

Thanks
                Venkatesh
                • 5. Re: Fusion Middleware Console
                  Hi all,

I can login to FM EM successfully. But I can't see SOA folder in the left-hand side navigation tree. I don’t see any options to create partitions to deploy applications.

I have spent a lot of time to figure out the issue but no luck so far. Your assistance will be much appreciated.

Thanks,
                  Nirdesh
                  • 6. Re: Fusion Middleware Console
                    jaramill
                    Venkatesh Ganesan wrote:
                    I'm facing the same issue as jarmill....

I'm not able to access the em console...

I did check the "Enterprise manager" in the configuration wizard.

I checked the config.xml and em application is also deployed...

If som1 has got this working, pls respond...

Thanks
                    Venkatesh
                    Venkatesh:

My problem was resolved. It turns out that there was a conflict with the variable ORACLE_HOME! So I uninstalled Oracle Fusion Middleware under the Linux user account "oracle". That account is soley for the Oracle Database. I then had the Linux Admin create ANOTHER account called "webapp" and in there is where I installed Oracle Fusion Middleware, thus when it creates an ORACLE_HOME that will be pointing to "Oracle/Middleware/as_1" as opposed to the one that points to the database "app/oracle/product/11.2.0/dbhome_1".

This is what caused the confusion thus any java libraries that Fusion tried to find for Enterprise Manager before, it now can since it's looking at the ORACLE_HOME under "webapp" user.

Hope this helps.
                    • 7. Re: Fusion Middleware Console
                      Hi Nirdesh,

I am facing the same issue as you have mentioned, unable to see the SOA folder on em console.
                      Were you able to fix it? If yes can you pls share the fix.

Thanks in advance,
                      Ravi
                      • 8. Re: Fusion Middleware Console
                        gokhank
                        i have same problem too,

but i just wonder cant we have resolve this problem witout creating another user

cant we adjust our .bash_profile for more than 1 oracle_home

i think we should be able to do this i just dont have any idea how to do it

or should i really create another user?

thanks