4 Replies Latest reply on May 7, 2010 7:56 AM by 771306

Veriosning Problem In Jdeveloper 11.1.1.2.0

Hi ,

Using Jdeveloper11g(11.1.1.2.0) ,tortoise svn client(1.6.7.18415) connected to subversion in the host ID (http://132.16.0.111:8008/svn/testsvn) and created a dummy repoistory and doing R&D.But when we try
      to use VERSIONING option in the Jdeveloper IDE ,few options like Versioning Application,Checkout,import files,Create local Repository,configure,Apply Path Options were getting Enabled and the remaining Options were
      disabled,Even when we check out any Application from the repository supposed svn related Versioning Asteriks (*) with revision id's were NOT getting displayed in the UI Of Application Navigator Components (Projects).

Even in Jdeveloper and opting for HELP--->checking for updates --->official extenses and updates--->when trying to check for subverision VCS Extension 10.1.3.38.65 and i am NOT getting this option to select (NOT AVIALABLE IN MY JDEVELOPER ) but Perforce Extension is Visible .

It would be helpfull for me if u have any solution to the issue which i specified.

Thanks
      RK

Edited by: user9352887 on May 6, 2010 2:49 AM
        • 1. Re: Veriosning Problem In Jdeveloper 11.1.1.2.0
          Timo Hahn
          RK,
          mixing tortoise svn client and jdev svn is generally not a good idea. JDev normally is a couple of releases back to tortoise.
          In the past this caused at lot of trouble. If you use the right version of tortoise (question is which one is the right one:-() you get it working together.
          Lets put the usage of tortoise aside fro the moment.

Do you have successful setup a connection from jdev to the repository on your svn server?
          If yes you can try to create a dummy application in JDev, and select 'Version application' from the vversioning menu. This should put the app in your repository (using the right format for jdev). If you leaf all options as they are you should see the overlay icons fro the app and the name of the repository server in the application navigator.

Which protocol do you use for this connection?

Timo
          • 2. Re: Veriosning Problem In Jdeveloper 11.1.1.2.0
            suduncan-Oracle
            RK

There are a couple of small issues around Tortoise (as Timo says) but let's check that there is not another cause.

1. I assume you have checked out your application using the JDEV Versioning Navigator.

2. If you select one of your project files in the App Navigator (not the .jpr project ) -
            a. does it have any overlay icons at all on it - like the yellow circle
            b. does it have a version number at the end
            c. if you hover over the file - does the tooltip give you any svn info?

3. With the same file selected - go to the Versioning Menu
            a. I would expect Version App, Add, Resolve conflicts, Import Files, Generate etc to be greyed out

4. Select Pending Changes - make a change to a file - does the file appear in Outgoing?

5. Take the focus off the file in the App Nav (for instance select something in the Structure Pane)
            almost all the entries in the Versioning Menu will now be greyed out. Is this the case?

rgds

Susan
            • 3. Re: Veriosning Problem In Jdeveloper 11.1.1.2.0
              Hi Timo,

Thanks !
              Issue got resolved by just changing the Tortoise svn Settings. i.e

totoise svn--> settings-->General -->subversion-->UNCHECK the option of use "_svn" instead of ".svn" directories

Restart the system and U will have all the overlays of svn client in the application navigator and verisioning menu is getting enabled in the jdeveloper.

Versioning Information :-

Tortoise SVN 1.6.7, Build 18415 - 32 Bit , 2010/01/22 17:55:06
              Subversion 1.6.9,
              apr 1.3.8
              apr-utils 1.3.9
              neon 0.29.3
              OpenSSL 0.9.8k 25 Mar 2009
              zlib 1.2.3
              • 4. Re: Veriosning Problem In Jdeveloper 11.1.1.2.0
                Hi Susan,

Thanks !
                Issue got resolved by just changing the Tortoise svn Settings. i.e

totoise svn--> settings-->General -->subversion-->UNCHECK the option of use "_svn" instead of ".svn" directories

Restart the system and U will have all the overlays of svn client in the application navigator and verisioning menu is getting enabled in the jdeveloper.

Versioning Information :-

Tortoise SVN 1.6.7, Build 18415 - 32 Bit , 2010/01/22 17:55:06
                Subversion 1.6.9,
                apr 1.3.8
                apr-utils 1.3.9
                neon 0.29.3
                OpenSSL 0.9.8k 25 Mar 2009
                zlib 1.2.3