13 Replies Latest reply: Dec 8, 2013 2:30 AM by efb3fd18-32c0-49af-aede-d096709367b8 RSS

Installing Forms 11g configuration failed?

do*417019*tt
      I have just tried to install Forms 11g on to a Windows XP PC for a development environment but it always fails when it reaches the congiuration section of the install. I followed all the instruction previously posted, installed Weblogic, installed a loop back adapter and then run the Forms 11g installer. Anyone got any ideas what is the problem?
        • 1. Re: Installing Forms 11g configuration failed?
          CraigB
          Doug,
          There are a few steps to the configuration process and we would need the step where the failure occurs as well as the description of the failure (error message)? Could you please post this information?

Thanks,
          Craig...
          • 2. Re: Installing Forms 11g configuration failed?
            do*417019*tt
            All the steps in the configuration part of the install failed except for creating shortcuts. The 1st error is when it tried to create the domain with the following error:

Executing Task: Creating Domain
            XXX: adding task: oracle.as.install.classic.ca.standard.DomainProvisioningTask
            AdminServer port is 7001
            trying to connect to tx2228364.tx.usa-spaceops.com 7001
            Creating Weblogic Domain.
            java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/bea/plateng/common/util/ObjectStoreManager
                 at oracle.as.provisioning.weblogic.ASDomain._createDomain(ASDomain.java:2822)
                 at oracle.as.provisioning.weblogic.ASDomain.createDomain(ASDomain.java:2469)
                 at oracle.as.provisioning.engine.WorkFlowExecutor._createDomain(WorkFlowExecutor.java:635)
                 at oracle.as.provisioning.engine.WorkFlowExecutor.executeWLSWorkFlow(WorkFlowExecutor.java:393)
                 at oracle.as.provisioning.engine.Config.executeConfigWorkflow_WLS(Config.java:866)
                 at oracle.as.install.classic.ca.standard.StandardWorkFlowExecutor.execute(StandardWorkFlowExecutor.java:65)
                 at oracle.as.install.classic.ca.standard.AbstractProvisioningTask.execute(AbstractProvisioningTask.java:26)
                 at oracle.as.install.classic.ca.standard.StandardProvisionTaskList.execute(StandardProvisionTaskList.java:61)
                 at oracle.as.install.classic.ca.ClassicConfigMain.doExecute(ClassicConfigMain.java:124)
                 at oracle.as.install.engine.modules.configuration.client.ConfigAction.execute(ConfigAction.java:335)
                 at oracle.as.install.engine.modules.configuration.action.TaskPerformer.run(TaskPerformer.java:87)
                 at oracle.as.install.engine.modules.configuration.action.TaskPerformer.startConfigAction(TaskPerformer.java:104)
                 at oracle.as.install.engine.modules.configuration.action.ActionRequest.perform(ActionRequest.java:15)
                 at oracle.as.install.engine.modules.configuration.action.RequestQueue.perform(RequestQueue.java:63)
                 at oracle.as.install.engine.modules.configuration.standard.StandardConfigActionManager.start(StandardConfigActionManager.java:158)
                 at oracle.as.install.engine.modules.configuration.boot.ConfigurationExtension.kickstart(ConfigurationExtension.java:81)
                 at oracle.as.install.engine.modules.configuration.ConfigurationModule.run(ConfigurationModule.java:83)
                 at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)
            Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.bea.plateng.common.util.ObjectStoreManager
                 at oracle.as.install.engine.modules.configuration.standard.StandardConfigActionClassLoader.loadClass(StandardConfigActionClassLoader.java:75)
                 at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:252)
                 at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClassInternal(ClassLoader.java:320)
                 ... 18 more
            oracle.as.provisioning.exception.ASProvisioningException
                 at oracle.as.provisioning.engine.Config.executeConfigWorkflow_WLS(Config.java:872)
                 at oracle.as.install.classic.ca.standard.StandardWorkFlowExecutor.execute(StandardWorkFlowExecutor.java:65)
                 at oracle.as.install.classic.ca.standard.AbstractProvisioningTask.execute(AbstractProvisioningTask.java:26)
                 at oracle.as.install.classic.ca.standard.StandardProvisionTaskList.execute(StandardProvisionTaskList.java:61)
                 at oracle.as.install.classic.ca.ClassicConfigMain.doExecute(ClassicConfigMain.java:124)
                 at oracle.as.install.engine.modules.configuration.client.ConfigAction.execute(ConfigAction.java:335)
                 at oracle.as.install.engine.modules.configuration.action.TaskPerformer.run(TaskPerformer.java:87)
                 at oracle.as.install.engine.modules.configuration.action.TaskPerformer.startConfigAction(TaskPerformer.java:104)
                 at oracle.as.install.engine.modules.configuration.action.ActionRequest.perform(ActionRequest.java:15)
                 at oracle.as.install.engine.modules.configuration.action.RequestQueue.perform(RequestQueue.java:63)
                 at oracle.as.install.engine.modules.configuration.standard.StandardConfigActionManager.start(StandardConfigActionManager.java:158)
                 at oracle.as.install.engine.modules.configuration.boot.ConfigurationExtension.kickstart(ConfigurationExtension.java:81)
                 at oracle.as.install.engine.modules.configuration.ConfigurationModule.run(ConfigurationModule.java:83)
            Caused by: oracle.as.provisioning.exception.ASProvWorkflowException: Error Executing workflow.
                 at oracle.as.provisioning.engine.WorkFlowExecutor._createDomain(WorkFlowExecutor.java:688)
                 at oracle.as.provisioning.engine.WorkFlowExecutor.executeWLSWorkFlow(WorkFlowExecutor.java:393)
                 at oracle.as.provisioning.engine.Config.executeConfigWorkflow_WLS(Config.java:866)
                 ... 13 more

Not sure if this matters or not but I have Java 6 Update 18 installed on the PC.
            • 3. Re: Installing Forms 11g configuration failed?
              Hi. I think that you have a problem that i resolved.

If you see in the log files, the problem is that it can´t create the Domain because the port 5556 is busy.

Kill the process that use the 5556 beasc.exe and then it´s work!

Sorry for my English!
              • 4. Re: Installing Forms 11g configuration failed?
                Lars Lindwall
                Hi all,
                I'm having a similar problem when trying to install on Linux. However, my process is getting one step further.
                It looks like this:

Executing Task: Creating Domain
                AdminServer port is 7002
                trying to connect to foo.bar.xx 7002
                isPortAvailable [port 5556]
                Port 5556 available.
                     at oracle.as.provisioning.weblogic.ASDomain._createDomain(ASDomain.java:2822)
                and so on......

Any ideas, anyone?
                /Lars
                • 5. Re: Installing Forms 11g configuration failed?
                  Lars Lindwall
                  Installing of patch upgrade to 11.1.1.3 solved the problem.
                  However, now the (generated) name of the reports server seems too long (31 chars) and therefore the reports server is not starting. An idea, anyone, on how to fix this? I'm getting a bind error (REP-51002).
                  /Lars
                  • 6. Re: Installing Forms 11g configuration failed?
                    The post above and the
                    may indicate mismatching the versions of WLS to Forms?

Checkout Metalink Note: ID 1099203.1; which basically says +"don't try to install Forms 11.112 on WLS 10.33 - as it is not supported aka it will not work".

According to the Middleware Download FAQs, that goes for all the current prod releases of the fusion middleware.
                    ie.
                    WLS10.31 & Forms 11.111
                    WLS10.32 & Forms 11.112
                    WLS10.33 & Forms 11.113

Cheers
                    • 7. Re: Installing Forms 11g configuration failed?
                      Hi Arty,

Hit up with the Same Issue. Hope this is the same cause & I cross check my WebLogic Server Configuration: WLS_PRODUCT_VERSION=10.3.3.0
                      & Portal, Forms, Reports and Discoverer (11.1.1.2.0) is on this Version.

[2010-05-27T17:58:33.946+08:00] [as] [NOTIFICATION] [] [oracle.as.provisioning] [tid: 47] [ecid: 0000IZPCfmA2zGh5lBS4yZ1BzZkI00000k,0] Setting os object val
                      ues in Python
                      [2010-05-27T17:58:33.949+08:00] [as] [ERROR] [] [oracle.as.provisioning] [tid: 47] [ecid: 0000IZPCfmA2zGh5lBS4yZ1BzZkI00000k,0] [[
                      oracle.as.provisioning.exception.ASProvWorkflowException: Error Executing workflow.
                      at oracle.as.provisioning.engine.WorkFlowExecutor._createDomain(WorkFlowExecutor.java:688)

Let me update the Patchset [ID 1099203.1] as described in this document and will update.

Thanks for the Information,

Ravi
                      • 8. Re: Installing Forms 11g configuration failed?
                        Hi all,

I have a similar problem. I am trying to install Oracle Reports 11g (11.1.1.2.0) on 64bit Linux RHEL 5. The WebLogic server version is 10.3.2.0.

I chose installation method "install only - do not configure". The installation went just fine. In the configuration, I am not able to create a domain on WebLogic server. I see following exception in the log (actually it's in .out file):

+Executing Task: Creating Domain
                        AdminServer port is 7001
                        trying to connect to myserver 7001
                        oracle.as.provisioning.exception.ASProvWorkflowException
                        at oracle.as.provisioning.weblogic.ASDomain._createDomain(ASDomain.java:2623)
                        at oracle.as.provisioning.weblogic.ASDomain.createDomain(ASDomain.java:2469)
                        at oracle.as.provisioning.engine.WorkFlowExecutor._createDomain(WorkFlowExecutor.java:635)
                        oracle.as.provisioning.exception.ASProvisioningException
                        at oracle.as.provisioning.engine.Config.executeConfigWorkflow_WLS(Config.java:872)
                        Caused by: oracle.as.provisioning.exception.ASProvWorkflowException: Error Executing workflow.
                        ... 13 more
                        progress in calculate progress6+

I went through this topic and tried some advices posted here. According to earlier posts, the WebLogic and Reports versions should be OK. I checked my machine and there is no process listening on port 5556. Currently I am out of any other options. Can anyone please help?

Thank you very much in advance,
                        Tomas
                        • 9. Re: Installing Forms 11g configuration failed?
                          Hi Tomas,

For me it worked when I use the same versions of Weblogic & the Middleware Forms & Reports. The configuration went smooth. Please apply the patch available for Forms & Reports.

WLS10.31 & Forms 11.111
                          WLS10.32 & Forms 11.112
                          WLS10.33 & Forms 11.113

You can refer this URL http://www.oracle.com/technology/software/products/middleware/htdocs/fmw_11_download.html
                          to download the Patch

Thanks
                          • 10. Re: Installing Forms 11g configuration failed?
                            Hi Ravi,

I think my WLS and Reports version match, I have WLS 10.3.2.0 and Reports 11.1.1.2.0, according to your little table that should be OK.

We have Oracle SOA Suite installed on the same WLS where I am trying to install the Oracle Reports. Can this be a source of my problem?

Thanks,
                            Tomas
                            • 11. Re: Installing Forms 11g configuration failed?
                              Hi all,

I managed to solve my problem. In case anyone will need this:

Decompilation of installer classes shown that installer tries to open property file WLS_HOME/common/nodemanager/nodemanager.properties and read value of property ListenPort. If the file exists but the property is not there, installer is not able to create a domain and the configuration fails. I added property ListenPort and set it to 5556 (standard nodemanager port). Oh and not to forget - nodemanager must be down during the installation (so the port 5556 must be free).

Best regards,
                              Tomas
                              • 12. Re: Installing Forms 11g configuration failed?
                                d7a45ac9-8673-4c54-90c0-30b9ce81ce1f

Hi,

I had a similar Problem and solved it.

When I installed the Weblogic server, Oracle Forms/Reports 11.1.1.2.0 and the Forms/Reports 11.1.1.2.0 Patch, everytime i made a restart. And for last I started the configuration (C:\...\Oracle\Middleware\%homedir%\bin\config.bat). So when the Domain should be created, I got the Error

"oracle.as.provisioning.exception.ASProvWorkflowException

at oracle.as.provisioning.weblogic.ASDomain._createDomain(ASDomain.java:2633) ...."

The Problem was, when I made a Restart, the Service "Oracle WebLogic NodeManager (C_Oracle_MW_wlserver_10.3)" was in Running mode and blocked the Port 5556.

So I stopped the Service during the configuration and it worked.

Regards

André

• 13. Re: Installing Forms 11g configuration failed?
                                  efb3fd18-32c0-49af-aede-d096709367b8

I had same issue in configuration but stopping "Oracle WebLogic NodeManager (C_Oracle_MW_wlserver_10.3)" service actually worked... Thanks to Andre...

Regards

Wasim Baig