2 Replies Latest reply: Feb 14, 2013 10:10 AM by user13344726 RSS

ssh node manager problems

Edwin Biemond
      Hi,

I am using the ssh node manager in a wls 10.3.2 cluster configuration and want to setup server migration.

ssh command with wlscontrol.sh is working fine from a oracle enterprise linux user account ( setup sudoers for sudo over ssl and permission for ifconfig. )

I can remote start and stop a managed server ( with ssh / sudo ) but from the Adminserver it can not start ssh somehow ( got a shell client error ssh a unknown program ) , this is the same Operating System account where I test wlscontrol.sh over ssh. And when I take a look at path var of the admin manager ( when it starts up ) I see nothing wrong , it got the right environment path. when I manual fire the commands in ssh debug of the admin server, they all are working fine.

second problem is that the ServerDir and ServerName are never set in wlsifconfig.sh , not by wlscontrol or startWeblogic / startManaged. This can be fixed
      but a bigger problem is that the Server_ip is never set or retrieved in wlscontrol or in one of the other scripts. So wlsifconfig.sh will not be fired because server ip is not set.

thanks Edwin
        • 1. Re: ssh node manager problems
          Edwin Biemond
          Hi

I solved the sending ssh commands from the AdminServer .

in the machine and nodemanager configuration you should choose this as shellcommand
          ssh -l ndmgr -o PasswordAuthentication=no -p %P %H /opt/bea/wlserver_103/common/bin/wlscontrol.sh -d %D -n /home/ndmgr -c -f startManagedWebLogic.sh -s %S %C

thanks
          • 2. Re: ssh node manager problems
            user13344726
            Hi Edwin

How did you solve this?

"second problem is that the ServerDir and ServerName are never set in wlsifconfig.sh , not by wlscontrol or startWeblogic / startManaged. This can be fixed
            but a bigger problem is that the Server_ip is never set or retrieved in wlscontrol or in one of the other scripts. So wlsifconfig.sh will not be fired because server ip is not set."

Thanks