675370 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hi,

Windows 2003 Server Enterprise Edition 32 bits
TUXEDO 8.1 RP65

Tuxedo's problems, see logs:

After run command "tmboot -y"

ULOG.121208
142432.BTDF3569!tmboot.2608.2584.-2: LIBTUX_CAT:681: ERROR: Failure to create message queue
142432.BTDF3569!tmboot.2608.2584.-2: FATAL: internal error: CMDTUX_CAT:1098: ERROR: Can't create queue

HELP, PLEASE.

Marcos
  • 1. Re: CMDTUX_CAT:1098: ERROR: Can't create queue
    Todd Little Expert
    Assuming this occurring on a development machine and not a production machine, you can you the Tuxedo ipclean command to remove any IPC resources that may have been left in some funny state. If this is on a production machine, use ipclean with caution as it will likely cause any running Tuxedo application on the host to fail.

Regards,
    Todd Little
    Oracle Tuxedo Chief Architect
  • 2. Re: CMDTUX_CAT:1098: ERROR: Can't create queue
    680146 Newbie
    I'm receiving the following --->
    tmboot.6072.12068.-2: LIBTUX_CAT:681: ERROR: Failure to create message queue 113423.
    !tmboot.6072.12068.-2: FATAL: internal error: CMDTUX_CAT:1098: ERROR: Can't create queue

when I attempt to start the application server. There are two other app servers running on the same windows 2003 server box.
  • 3. Re: CMDTUX_CAT:1098: ERROR: Can't create queue
    Todd Little Expert
    Hi,

If by two other app servers, you mean two other Tuxedo applications, then you need to make sure each application has a unique IPCKEY as specified in the UBBCONFIG file. Otherwise it still sounds like a problem with IPC resources that can generally be taken care of by a reboot or using the ipclean command.

Regards,
    Todd Little
  • 4. Re: CMDTUX_CAT:1098: ERROR: Can't create queue
    771720 Newbie
    Hi,
    I am having the same error and I only have one tuxedo install running on the server. Cant create the queue is a really generic error. Not sure what you mean by ipclean. I also updated the UBBCONFIG file but since there is only one tuxedo ap shouldnt matter.
    What else to I need to check?
  • 5. Re: CMDTUX_CAT:1098: ERROR: Can't create queue
    Todd Little Expert
    Hi,

Well the error message indicates Tuxedo could create an IPC queue for the server it was trying to boot. This can be because the associated IPC queue already exists, although I believe that gives a different error. It's also possible that you are out of IPC resources. You should be able to use the tmloadcf "-c" option to determine the minimum IPC resources required to run the application. If this is on Windows, you control the IPC resources via the Tuxedo administration panel accessible from the Windows control panel. For various Unix systems, you'll need to check the OS documentation to determine how to adjust the IPC resources.

Has this application ever booted, or is this a new configuration?

Regards,
    Todd Little

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points