So for I have been unsuccessful at getting the 11gR2 Client to install on 64-bit Windows Server 2008 R2
I've tried all the suggestions from other posts...
Windows Update is current
McAfee Virus completely turned off.
Logged on as local Administrator.
Running setup.exe from CMD prompt using "Run as Administrator"
Installation files located in C:\Temp
"Everyone" has "Full Control" on c:\temp
Tried "setup.exe -ignoreSysPrereqs"
When I run setup.exe, I see setup.exe and unzip.exe running in Task Manager for a moment, then both exit...nothing happens after that.
If I look in %Temp%, I can find the temp install files and a file "InstallActions<date><time>" with the following content:
Using paramFile: C:\temp\install\oraparam.ini
Checking monitor: must be configured to display at least 256 colors. Actual 65536 Passed
The commandline for unzip:
C:\temp\install\unzip -qqqo ..\stage\Components\oracle.jdk\188.8.131.52.04\1\DataFiles/"*.jar" -d "C:\Users\ADMINI~1\AppData\Local\Temp\OraInstall2010-05-14_08-19-59AM"
That's it....nothing else. Universal Installer never starts.
I have also tried executing "oui.exe" in the install directory with the same result
There are no unusual user name requirements for administrator user accounts on our domain.
I we ahead and disconnected from the domain and tried the install again with the local admin account with no success.
If you try this:
Corporate policy dictates that all accounts with admin rights begin with the ! (exclamation point) character. On a whim I gave my non-privileged account local admin rights (No leading !) and the install worked as anticipated.
This is a bug in the Installer process that should be dealt with by the Oracle team.
I finally got mine to work. I had something on my system that was conficting with Java and preventing Java from running properly. My first clue was that the Java Control Panel would not execute. I uninstalled most of the 3rd party apps on my system, including Java. Reinstalled Java, after that the Java Control Panel would work. Then I was able to successfully install Oracle Client.
I'm not sure which 3rd party app was guilty. I have since re-installed all of them and everything seems ok.