5 Replies Latest reply: Nov 18, 2010 2:40 PM by 407338 RSS

11g R2 install failure

Dsteak
      i'm trying to install 11g r2 on windows 7. half way through i get an error "WFALSNRscvapp.ear" not found. does anyone know a way around this or why this is happening?
        • 2. Re: 11g R2 install failure
          Hans Forbrich
          Dsteak wrote:
          i'm trying to install 11g r2 on windows 7. half way through i get an error "WFALSNRscvapp.ear" not found. does anyone know a way around this or why this is happening?
          Worked for me. Sounds like

1) You got a corrupt download; or
          2) You didn't follow instructions (on the download page) and didn't unzip both DVDs into the same directory.
          • 3. Re: 11g R2 install failure
            Hi

I was getting the same error during installation. You MUST extract the ZIP files into the EXACT SAME FOLDER and start installation again. It worked for me. See also Oracle 11g R2 Windows Installation issue

Greetings...
            • 4. Re: 11g R2 install failure
              nabeel khan
              I downloaded the files from OTN with following names:

win64_11gR2_database_1of2.zip
              win64_11gR2_database_2of2.zip

Extracted both into the SAME directory with these names

C:\Oracle\Disk1
              C:\Oracle\Disk2

Started the installation from C:\Oracle\Disk1\database\setup.exe

And the Installation failed due to file not found of {C:\app\11g\product\11.2.0\dbhome_1\oc4j\j2ee\oc4j_applications\WFMLRSVCApp.ear and some other files too}

I went through the http://download.oracle.com/docs/cd/E11882_01/install.112/e10843/toc.htm but there was nothing which mentioned where or how to rename the directories.

All my downloaded files were in the same directory but still I was facing the problem.

As both zip files contained database folder so I couldn't override the files.

I solved the file not found issue by coping all the folders under C:\Oracle\Disk2\database\stage\Components to C:\Oracle\Disk1\database\stage\Components

After restarting the installation it went like a charm and without any issues.

Regards,
              NK
              • 5. Re: 11g R2 install failure
                Thank you for sharing your copy and paste solution! I was having the exact same problem as you did on Windows 7 Ultimate 32 bit. I downloaded the files twice, read all the documents, but to no avail. I just searched OTN and found your post, and I followed your solution and finally had Oracle 11gR2 installed on Windows 7 Ultimate (32 bit).

Something must have gone wrong in the unzipping processes.

Thank you again.

Ben